• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Metro Redux is now pre-loadable. I can't say how large the install/download sizes are, though, since there are no depots in the bundle sub. Somebody's asleep at the wheel!

I'm semi sort of psyched for Ground Zeroes. Despite playing the meat of it already I do want to see what the PC version can do and what the potential for MGS V is later down the line. A release date would be nice but if it just pops up out of the blue I'd be fine with that either way. I do get the feeling though Konami would be best served in making a big fan fare for it though to drum up some business (look at how mad the Rising first day of Winter Sale discount went down).

I'm more interested in the PC specs, but I'll still probably buy it as soon as it comes up.

How much did you pay for The Pre-Sequel? It worked out £25.99 at my end which is in and around $43.

I....actually haven't picked it up yet. Not sure if I will to be honest. I put up probably 100 hours in the series mixed between solo and co-op. I tried firing up the DLC a few weeks ago and just couldn't get into it again. And with my brother busy
in the Army
for the foreseeable future, my co-op buddy is gone. I'll probably pick it up down the line, but I need a break from the formula for a while.

With DR3 and Dragon Age on the horizon, I should be good for quite a while as well.

JaseC

May have been asked, but is CoD Advanced Warfare ROW, or is the RU version locked? I saw some chatter on a IRC chat that it's ROW but has a tag.

The Eastern European subs are region-locked tight and the rest of the subs list Russia and its ilk as purchase-restricted countries, so traders can't buy them on the cheap. ACRTAG isn't present, though, so Brazilian copies are an option.

Dr Dogg

A few days ago.
There was a thread and Cheddahz posted it in here.

Well that serves me right for getting stuck in with work for once then!

Metro Redux is now pre-loadable. I can't say how large the install/download sizes are, though, since there are no depots in the bundle sub. Somebody's asleep at the wheel!

I can't either due to both saying they are only 150mb. I think the last time that happened was Abyss Odyssey.

I'm more interested in the PC specs, but I'll still probably buy it as soon as it comes up.

I think we're all going to be fine in regards to specs as it ran pretty well on PS3 for me. 1280x720 @ 30fps mind but was a pretty consistent experience so fingers crossed unless something gets totally stuffed up during optimization I don't think it's going to need ungodly power to run it at 1920x180@60.

I....actually haven't picked it up yet. Not sure if I will to be honest. I put up probably 100 hours in the series mixed between solo and co-op. I tried firing up the DLC a few weeks ago and just couldn't get into it again. And with my brother busy
in the Army
for the foreseeable future, my co-op buddy is gone. I'll probably pick it up down the line, but I need a break from the formula for a while.

With DR3 and Dragon Age on the horizon, I should be good for quite a while as well.

I'm swimming in game thats I own let alone the next 3 months where I'll be drowning in them with what I have my eye on or preordered already. I think after The Witcher III I'm going game purchasing cold turkey until I get some games shifted or consigned to the scrap heap.

BruteUA

Well this worked out pretty nicely.

FgRZY5b.jpg

JaseC

Been accumulating some idle card money, and what I haven't spent on emoticons I think I'm going to try to spend on games that never go on sale. My two prime targets are Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock ($8.99 at release, $9.99 the next week, no sales ever--and it's licensed so presumably could be yanked at any given moment... not significantly cheaper in Russia or Brazil) and Secret of Monkey Island SE ($9.99 at release, has been as low as $2.49, but hasn't gone on sale in a year. $5.50 or so in Brazil but no discount in Russia. LOL Disney LOL).

Guess what's 75% off for the next few days.

Edit: D'oh, wrong game. I could have sworn it said The Eternity Clock in the registry. :(

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
The Eastern European subs are region-locked tight and the rest of the subs list Russia and its ilk as purchase-restricted countries, so traders can't buy them on the cheap. ACRTAG isn't present, though, so Brazilian copies are an option.

Someday the Argentinian currency is going to be available and is going to be cheaper than Russia. I bet my account on it, no ETA though.

textonly

Neo Member

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Someday the Argentinian currency is going to be available and is going to be cheaper than Russia. I bet my account on it, no ETA though.
The best thing of all is that we won't even have to pay! If Valve asks for their money, we can just call them vultures :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So with all the new currencies coming out on Steam, I decided to re-write Enhanced Steam's "Account Total Spent" feature. As there will be an increasing number of users who will have both USD and their new currency listed on purchases on their account, I decided I would take a different approach to the existing "assume everything is the same currency" approach I had previously.

So now when you visit your account page in Enhanced Steam, it will:

• Determine your account's currency type, based on how your wallet balance is formatted
  • Get a table of rate conversions into that currency from the Enhanced Steam API
  • Start going down your list of purchases
  • If a purchase amount is in your account's currency type, add it to the total
  • If a purchase isn't in your account's currency type, determine which currency type it's in and convert it using the rate table. Then, add it to your total.
The result is that any purchases made before your account was converted to a new currency will still be accurate in this total. For testing, I modified how my wallet balance was displayed. These are the results:

(these figures are all the same amount, once converted to USD)

When this update goes live (hopefully very soon) this will also be more accurate for those Brazilian users who made purchases on Steam before Real were accepted.

Dr Dogg

The other day. I contacted support to have them shut down my account as a result.

Seeing that my last GameFly purchase was Fallout New Vegas when they were still operating under Direct2Dirive I think I might do the same. Though after the Heart Bleed kerfuffle earlier this year and trying to shed my excess accounts my experience with customer services and support had been like smashing my skull against a titanium wall. Oh well at least they provide and easy link.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Any specific reason like them doing some shady business in the past?

Gamefly had my actual personal information (billing address, full name) at one point. I gave it to them because they had been in business for a long time and seemed reputable. I don't know AtGamers to know if I trust them or not but they seem mostly to do those patent-expired clone hardware systems you see. I don't necessarily trust that they'll keep my information secure. As a result, I'd rather the information be deleted before it's transferred to their control. I don't typically give personal information to random sites--IndieGala has me as "Q Z" for a name, for example.

Added funds to buy keys for Freedom Cry and completely forgot about the one week market ban. Do you think that there will be some copies available a week from now?

Arcteryx

So, I need headphones more accurate than a Grado SR 80. Lovely resonance, but I want something specifically for games (read: Counter-Strike). Any suggestions?

IMO go with Sennheiser HD 595(or if you want the "newer" model, the 598; read up on head-fi.org regarding the two, as it's primarily a cosmetic upgrade).

I gamed with the 595s for a LONG time and they served me well, both casually and professionally in tournaments.

madjoki

Are there now for 1 key? I was blocked until yesterday and haven't bothered to look.

Doesn't seem to be.
Above that seems to be better buy Black Flag Gold or wait for sale or wait for sale ~1.5 keys at Russian price.

I hope people port the old guacamelee skins to the new game soonish, I want to play as bayonetta

You can copy files, provided you have older version installed

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=303941729

yatesl

Tried to use a proxy to buy Castlevania but, unlike Amazon, Gamefly actually compare your billing address with your card/PayPal :(

copies? yes.

for 1/2 keys? probably not.

Hmm. I mean I'm willing to get it for three keys but if it goes for higher than that I think I won't bother. Save it for something else.

Are there now for 1 key? I was blocked until yesterday and haven't bothered to look.

Two keys now.

Whats freedom cry? Sounds familiar but not to sure. Was it that dlc for ac4?

Yeah, DLC/Standalone DLC for ACIV. Pricing mistake in Japan a couple of days ago.

derExperte

Doesn't seem to be.
Above that seems to be better buy Black Flag Gold or wait for sale or wait for sale ~1.5 keys at Russian price.

That's why I'm not going to pay 2 keys. And I already own Black Flag on Uplay which I haven't touched yet. So it's a case of 'buy if deal is excellent, no problem if it never happens'.

JaseC

Tried to use a proxy to buy Castlevania but, unlike Amazon, Gamefly actually compare your billing address with your card/PayPal :(

Yeah, when I tried to trick the system a few years ago my order was flagged for manual processing. I decided to take the initiative and e-mailed GameFly, explaining that it wasn't a "fake" order but rather I was just an international customer, however not only was my order cancelled but my account disabled.

Spwn

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Benedict, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nosferatu THe Wrath of Malachi -- MB-91D287239497B97C - Taken by Darth Kupi. 4 entrants total.
Nosferatu The Wrath of Malachi -- MB-4831268F8B23BCAA - Taken by kevin1025. 5 entrants total.

t1408736082z1.png

My brother just gifted me Shovel Knights for my birthday. I'm guessing based on reviews that I won't be disappointed.
What a nice thing to do. Happy birthday, dude!
--
Well this worked out pretty nicely.
All your comments have to end with that emote now, you know it right?
Is it possible to have an emote in your Steam username?
--
Today is a good day to play Spelunky's daily challenge.
http://tof.canardpc.com/view/64c90662-9df4-4959-8e09-3f6f579180b8.jpg
You will find two pickaxes at Olmec's place.
Do these daily challenges repeat, like are there say only 50 unique challenges that get shuffled? Or is it impossible to make a missed one. Plan on getting it sometime down the line and it would suck to not be able to make them.

Do these daily challenges repeat, like are there say only 50 unique challenges that get shuffled? Or is it impossible to make a missed one. Plan on getting it sometime down the line and it would suck to not be able to make them.

Spelunky levels are always randomly based on a seed, and the seed for they daily changes every day. The leaderboard for it is also cleared every day.

kevin1025

Banned
Sorry if this was asked before, but on the Alien Isolation store page it says, "This product does not have support for your local language. Please review the supported language list below before purchasing". Canada isn't English anymore?! Or should this just be ignored?

Sorry if this was asked before, but on the Alien Isolation store page it says, "This product does not have support for your local language. Please review the supported language list below before purchasing". Canada isn't English anymore?! Or should this just be ignored?

Je ne sais pas.

Sajjaja

The world speaks American damn it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom