• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
About to sink my teeth into that new Humble Bundle tonight. How is Van Helsing?

It's a fun hack'n'slash with a rather cool charge system that allow you to choose between boosting 3 properties your moves a little like you'd dedicate power to shields, weapons, or speed in a space sim. It's not the best game in it's genre but it's worth the price.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
WTF is Polytron?

You asked this in the other thread on the subject right now.

One way you can find out what something is is to go to a search engine and put the word in and press enter. Here's what I get from Google:
dwp8DAH.png

It seems, then, that Polytron is the developer that released the video game Fez.

Yo shadownet, this is a good summary:

Salty ex boyfriend posts a blog saying [Zoe Quinn] cheated on him with people, some were journalists.

Despite a lack of parity to the timing, the wider internet has apparently decided that Quinn slept with people to promote her game (and now everything connected to her must burn to preserve the sanctity of videogames). There's a lot of slut shaming and misogyny involved, they're also digging up nude pictures, cracking her social media and work passwords etc.

[Phil] Fish ran his mouth, and hacker(s?) decided he was connected enough to be worth destroying. Hence Polytron hack.

That was the state of things about six hours ago but I've slept since then.

Cheddahz

Banned
I just played Depression Quest and the game sounds too much like what is going on in my life

That probably isn't a good thing

EDIT: and I made all of the choices I would had made in real life (and hell, some of them reflect stuff that I've experienced in the last few months) and the ending I got sounds too similar to me. I'm kinda creeped out

MattyG

Banned
I just finished preloading 2033 redux a few minutes ago, went to do something, and when I came back 10 minutes later it was back downloading again. It was definitely done the download when I walked away. Really weird.

I just played Depression Quest and the game sounds too much like what is going on in my life

There is help out there homie. I spent many years being depression's bitch, but I eventually put my hand up and said "I need a little help here". My life has been getting better ever since.

K' Dash

Hey GAF, I see Borderlands 2 is pretty cheap right now, is it a game you would recommend for single player? I played half of Borderlands in single player and thought it was pretty good.

How is this one regarding the single player?

Caerith

EDIT: and I made all of the choices I would had made in real life (and hell, some of them reflect stuff that I've experienced in the last few months) and the ending I got sounds too similar to me. I'm kinda creeped out

I played the game once making the best possible choices, and it was kinda enheartening. Then I played it again making all the worst possible choices, and it was Actual Sunlight.

I just finished preloading 2033 redux a few minutes ago, went to do something, and when I came back 10 minutes later it was back downloading again. It was definitely done the download when I walked away. Really weird.

Deja_Vu.jpg

So much drama. I feel like I'm taking drama pills.

It's pretty pathetic.

There is certainly an important discussion to be had, about the incestuous, abject nature of the industry these days. But people are latching onto the points of discussion that don't matter at all, focusing too much on the drama. It makes me feel ill to see how many people there are on either side that can't look at it with a level head.

Hopefully the worst of it will pass soon, and we can actually have that discussion.

In short: Phil Fish is a dick on twitter. He just insults everyone and their mothers and act very hurt when people bite back.

Yeah that's basically my opinion of him. He seems to want to speak his mind, but gets pissy when people do the same / don't like him for it.

Not super bummed he's 'getting out'

I don't know. I pretty much have a hatred for the Westboro Baptist Church. I probably wouldn't mind seeing their website get hacked.

Some people deserve zero sympathy.

Fish is a dick, but comparing him to WBC is complete lunacy.

It's pretty pathetic.

There is certainly an important discussion to be had, about the incestuous, abject nature of the industry these days. But people are latching onto the points of discussion that don't matter at all, focusing too much on the drama. It makes me feel ill to see how many people there are on either side that can't look at it with a level head.

Hopefully the worst of it will pass soon, and we can actually have that discussion.
Everyone everywhere seems to be like this about everything. I've gotten to the point where I don't even wanna bother speaking my piece on certain stuff since I'm probably gonna get mobbed. And ain't nobody got time for that.

Look for professional help if you think you're developing depression, I suffered from it and the best thing I did was look for help.

Hey GAF, I see Borderlands 2 is pretty cheap right now, is it a game you would recommend for single player? I played half of Borderlands in single player and thought it was pretty good.

I've put about 70 hours in, most was SP. It's definetely more enjoyable through co-op (with friends, not randos'), but if you enjoy FPS-loot games (i.e. Borderlands)....it's improved in every way

Khronico

Everyone everywhere seems to be like this about everything. I've gotten to the point where I don't even wanna bother speaking my piece on certain stuff since I'm probably gonna get mobbed. And ain't nobody got time for that.

Same here. SteamGAF is such a refreshing, friendly place that I barely venture outside this thread.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
He deleted his own twitter.

He's out. Out of everything.

He'll sell all his IPs then move to a faraway country and buy a farm surrounded by empty land, where he will live alone, finally in peace.

That last line is just conjecture =P
I like the guy, so if that's what it takes for him to live a happy life, I'd gladly sacrifice getting more games from him.

Honestly, hope he can get over this soon.

One thing I really like about the new Steam look that I didn't notice before is that games that have been removed from the store have a nice colored background now instead of just all the lines.

Thanks for the link. Really clear things up.

I'm glad you got over your depression man. But I just wanted to note.

Sad Keanu.

Hey, I don't wake up wanting to kill myself every day but that doesn't mean the Black Dog isn't still a part of my life. My depression is a physical thing, caused by inherited problems combined with my pretty excessive drug use when I was a younger man. I can't change any of that, but I consider it to be my obligation to help others by pointing them in the right direction when I can :)

if you dont have problems playing a game like that alone then sure

fenners

So Meltdown from the Groupees Be Mine 14 bundle that's running right now is a bit of good fun. Isometric character shooter, with cover mechanics, skills to upgrade etc. Digging it.

Caerith

It's pretty pathetic.

That discussion was had. In this context, the only perceivable conflicts of interest are that the game in question was mentioned twice: once in the context of "this is a list of indie games being shown" and once in the context of "this is the list of games that were greenlit today." It doesn't really fit the overall narrative of "women are ruining video games" so nobody's focusing on that.

The bigger discussion, about, say, "journalists" (note the scare quotes) tweeting for free swag, or even what really happened (note the italics) with Gerstmanngate, is largely ignored.

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm really sick of the way Valve does bans on CS:GO. I just got a seven day ban because my computer crashed and as I tried to join the game again as fast as I could, but yep, when CS:GO launched, I was met with a seven day ban message

I'm really sick of the way Valve does bans on CS:GO. I just got a seven day ban because my computer crashed and as I tried to join the game again as fast as I could, but yep, when CS:GO launched, I was met with a seven day ban message
seven days? that idiotic. On smite you're just banned for 30 mins if you quit and dont return a match.

Jawmuncher

Its realizing surprised just how big the Polytron and Phil fish thing is. Was FEZ just that amazing to people? Plus was his twitter antics just that worthy of always going over? Its just crazy how all of these different factors sort of just meshed together into this huge mess.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Not that anyone cares but:

Ghost Recon: Online/F2P is doing a free DLC weekend thingy. Go to your store for your region specific version and you'll find the "three crate drop" DLC to download there.

Not that anyone cares but:

Ghost Recon: Online/F2P is doing a free DLC weekend thingy. Go to your store for your region specific version and you'll find the "three crate drop" DLC to download there.

They'll try anything to get people to play that damn game, I initially liked it in the early beta phase but lost any interest in the final release, just doesn't have enough interesting stuff to keep playing.

Caerith

Its realizing surprised just how big the Polytron and Phil fish thing is. Was FEZ just that amazing to people? Plus was his twitter antics just that worthy of always going over? Its just crazy how all of these different factors sort of just meshed together into this huge mess.

Historically, people got all upset about Phil Fish just because people like to argue on the internet and he was always good at providing a catalyst.

Currently, what happened and why would be a pretty big deal regardless of who it happened to.

Pakkidis

When you 'hide' a game, where does it go. There is no category 'hidden' under library. Keep in mind I'm using steam air. Maybe it needs an update.

Uzzy

Not sure if anyone brought it up earlier, but Skullgirls is currently dirt cheap on HumbleBundle, with a 70% odd discount.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

They skipped right to 7 days? Last I checked quitting a match usually only gives you a competitive matchmaking cool off which is like 90 minutes last I saw someone get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom