• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
They skipped right to 7 days? Last I checked quitting a match usually only gives you a competitive matchmaking cool off which is like 90 minutes last I saw someone get it?

Well last week, we were playing and my cat jumped on top of my computer and his paw landed on the reset button, which led to an hour ban, so yeah, I guess they just jump to seven days now

Deitus

They skipped right to 7 days? Last I checked quitting a match usually only gives you a competitive matchmaking cool off which is like 90 minutes last I saw someone get it?

I'm pretty sure Cheddahz is just coming off a 1 day ban, so that's probably why it's 7 days.

Edit: Or was that not Cheddahz? I remember someone in SteamGAF talking about getting a 1 day ban for teamkilling.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Well last week, we were playing and my cat jumped on top of my computer and his paw landed on the reset button, which led to an hour ban, so yeah, I guess they just jump to seven days now

Well here is the exact breakdown of ban times:

"The rules are as follows: every cooldown increases the offense level by one level and after cooldown expires and a clean week goes by the offense level goes down by one level. First level offenders receive a 30 min cooldown, second level = 2 hr, third level = 24 hr, fourth and higher levels = 7 days. The confusion might arise for extreme abusers of the system whose offense level went beyond level 4 now."

Cheddahz

Banned
Oh yeah, totally forgot about that one day ban for killing that asshole on my team

Carry on then (but I actually deserved that ban)

I'm really sick of the way Valve does bans on CS:GO. I just got a seven day ban because my computer crashed and as I tried to join the game again as fast as I could, but yep, when CS:GO launched, I was met with a seven day ban message

cTyWRLw.jpg

But seriously, that's gotta suck. Is there no way to appeal that? Or would the process itself take longer than a week?

Parsnip

I updated my Kickstarter investigation. For those who are not familiar, I made a list of every Kickstarter project that made over $100k and has been around for at least 12 months, and looked in on their progress. I identified the projects that have failed, the projects likely to fail, the projects progressing as expected, the projects that are now near-0 risk, and the projects that are fulfilled. If you want to get a sense for the degree to which KS projects fail or succeed, you might want to check it out.

Spoiler alert: Of 113 projects that met the criteria, I found 41 projects that have been released, 4 which failed, and another 6 or so which are going to fail. Everything else is in development and progressing to some degree.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lFW2sjShHriYRsyuVZx4Se8Qxjw38VJk4g-7cls8cpg

I'll be updating this every few months.
Thanks for doing this.
I'd probably considering Dreamfall Chapters low-no-risk though because of the PS4 "first to console" announcement from Gamescom. I think they also got some funding from Norwegian Film Institute.

Also, they posted some fancy 4K screenshots in their latest update.
http://imgur.com/a/pQlSQ/all
<3 Zoe.

Incidentally, is anyone here a backer of Republique or Armikrog? Both have closed backer-only updates and so I had to sort of ballpark my evaluation of each.
I didn't see anyone else reply about Republique, so here's some info. The Ep3 for iOS is in alpha I think and the PC beta sign ups are happening and supposedly the beta starts at the end of August. Whether they can manage to deliver all 5 episodes, we'll see.

Nabs

Not sure if anyone brought it up earlier, but Skullgirls is currently dirt cheap on HumbleBundle, with a 70% odd discount.

$3.75 is a great deal for SG. GMG still has the SG+Squigly+Color Palette bundle for $4.99 as well.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Squeenix doesn't fund the games.
According to kitfox, SE is just there to help promote the game and find players.

The kickstarter should be up in a few days, and it's 10$ for early buyers. ETA is summer 2015.

I've really got to look into the collective more :|

Did anyone saw that gameplay of Beyond Earth (video is almost an hour)? The game is looking really interesting, loving the choices right from the start.

I should watch that then, because I'm not interested in Civ: BE at all :/

It's one of those games I should be interested in because I like Alpha Centauri and Civ, but I'm just not feeling it.

Ph8nJkp.png

Didn't know that happened. The giant hack thread probably should have the OP updated.

I feel really bad for Fish, but I'm interested to see if his offer is actually real and not just another one of his usual overreactions.

Probably the latter

It's kinda both.
Honestly, I think your cat was trying to help you out...

You cannot appeal bans.

Exactly. And by the time that the Steam Support rep told him this, it would be almost 7 days anyway.

--

The real reason I came in here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=880706

Turns out AWS is insane and intends to base their analysis of demand for GG:Xrd on Steam on the sales of Blazblue CT's PC offering. I'm not sure what planet or dimension the AWS who said this comes from, but it's clearly one where logic does not exist.

I'm really sick of the way Valve does bans on CS:GO. I just got a seven day ban because my computer crashed and as I tried to join the game again as fast as I could, but yep, when CS:GO launched, I was met with a seven day ban message

Valve have similar issues with their punishment system in Dota 2. If for any reason you abandon a match (cat jumps on computer, internet goes down etc) you receive a 6 match ban. You then have to play 6 matches in the low priority pool (which is full of abandons, AFK and trolls). If people abandon and down allow you to properly finish those matches then they don't count. So instead of being able to wait a period of time you are forced to play the game until you can overcome the ban, the main issue being that the low priority pool can be a pretty bad experience which I guess makes it a good punishment, unless of course the ban was caused by a legitimate reason.

Annubis

Valve have similar issues with their punishment system in Dota 2. If for any reason you abandon a match (cat jumps on computer, internet goes down etc) you receive a 6 match ban. You then have to play 6 matches in the low priority pool (which is full of abandons, AFK and trolls). If people abandon and down allow you to properly finish those matches then they don't count. So instead of being able to wait a period of time you are forced to play the game until you can overcome the ban, the main issue being that the low priority pool can be a pretty bad experience which I guess makes it a good punishment, unless of course the ban was caused by a legitimate reason.

Well... to be fair, if your cat jumped on your computer in LoL (don't know DotA2 enough), that's 4-5 minutes to reboot and rejoin the game.
You basically killed your entire team and left them no chance of winning.

There has to be a clear message that wasting 4 people's time is bad.

Indignate

Turns out AWS is insane and intends to base their analysis of demand for GG:Xrd on Steam on the sales of Blazblue CT's PC offering. I'm not sure what planet or dimension the AWS who said this comes from, but it's clearly one where logic does not exist.

...what?

Do they just not want to port it and figured they can just blame the fans for it instead?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Thanks for doing this.
I'd probably considering Dreamfall Chapters low-no-risk though because of the PS4 "first to console" announcement from Gamescom. I think they also got some funding from Norwegian Film Institute.

The only reason I have them a little higher than that is because they got funded as a game and they then split up into episodes, which was clearly a move to secure more funding, and thus to me a sign of risk. If an episode or two comes out and doesn't crater, then I'll feel comfortable upgrading them to pale green or green

I didn't see anyone else reply about Republique, so here's some info. The Ep3 for iOS is in alpha I think and the PC beta sign ups are happening and supposedly the beta starts at the end of August. Whether they can manage to deliver all 5 episodes, we'll see.

I am certain they're not doing as well as they hoped to, but it'll be interesting to see if they're doing well enough to keep the doors open until the game gets finished.

this news is legit..

Yes, I know; I was trying to teach PLASTICA-MAN how to answer his question. And yeah, please don't post or link to someone's personal information, especially not stuff that's stolen. No harm, no foul, you removed it quickly.

Uzzy

The annoying thing is that I'd totally buy Blazblue CT if it had multiplayer, and if there was any sign of the more recent Blazblue titles coming out. I mean it's got a decent story mode, great visuals and some solid combat. But the lack of multiplayer really hurts it.

Jawmuncher

The annoying thing is that I'd totally buy Blazblue CT if it had multiplayer, and if there was any sign of the more recent Blazblue titles coming out. I mean it's got a decent story mode, great visuals and some solid combat. But the lack of multiplayer really hurts it.

Not to mention it really isn't worth much more than 4.99 as a base price at this point.

Jawmuncher

That too. Wasn't it up for a big discount in the Steam sales, only to not win the vote or something? I'd probably have gotten it then.

Yeah I recall it was. Man Anime games got their asses handed to them during the summer sale.
Everyone remembers the pain of Ikaruga.

Hugstable

Banned
Yeah I recall it was. Man Anime games got their asses handed to them during the summer sale.
Everyone remembers the pain of Ikaruga.

The pain was real! I still ended up buying it at the end of the day but still! So many of the games I wanted in those community votes during the summer sale lost :(

Elija2

What the hell? I didn't know you could get banned for something like that.

Now I'm scared to play on competitive servers. Maybe I'll just go back to TF2 where everything is friendly.

Deitus

Wait, it doesn't even have multiplayer? A fighting game? And this is the barometer they are using to judge potential sales on the platform? Ludicrous.

aight...got The Witcher 3 on steam and preordered Dragon Age Inquisition today on origin :D anyone help me? i just checked the order status and it says "processing" anyone know the timetable for the purchased to be complete? and how does cancelling preorders work in digital? ( not saying i will cancel my preorder)

edit: oops....just read the Origin Order and FAQ

says they will charge me after day of purchase :D my bad ^_^

dot

Wait, it doesn't even have multiplayer? A fighting game? And this is the barometer they are using to judge potential sales on the platform? Ludicrous.

The windows 8 version of the game (aka the steam version) doesn't have multiplayer. All other BB games do though.

why is ASW so silly

Corpekata

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Corpekata, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

ESCHALON: BOOK III -- MB-FA67EA5A60D5717F - Taken by Sarcasm

Already owned it, so here someone.

zkylon

zkylewd
More pressing than what it says about the game itself is what it says about the person playing it

hey now

i just get my 10c playfire and run away as fast as possible

i like playing with character creators tho so u know, in this case i got as far as the butt rubbing room

Grief.exe

Sick reference bro.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KC4JMAS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Saw these while browsing Amazon, seems an incredible deal and fits my budget. Will probably get these and pair them with a Zalman clip on mic until I can afford a modmic.

You don't want closed headphones for gaming, limits your sound stage.

Japanese publishers.

Don't even try to apply logic to their decisions.

I think I'm gonna try that 14 day trial of ff14 this weekend. I didn't really like the beta but if I'm not in the mood to play diablo that's most likely what I'll do

"I've gotten 3 foil drops in 6 hours thanks to Idle Master!" - Testimony from a satisfied customer.

Put this in your press section JShackles. I'm off to gamble on the lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom