• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ifrit

Not this sale. But if you wanna wait, it'll eventually be 75 percent off.

I mentioned it earlier that I regret buying it.

For 5$ it's a good package if you tinker with the ini but if you're planning to play it with a controller the move-list is going to be nigh-useless since it only shows the keyboard controls.

What? keyboard buttons, that doesn't sound right

I'll hold off this time, and maybe get once it gets cheaper (and hopefully patched)

Thanks for the response

Are you familiar with the level from the demo? I tried to play it as stealthy as possible but I got spotted instantly as soon as I went to the ground floor and tried to exit the house ruins. Usually I find a way after several tries but I felt that Sniper Elite was way too unforgiving.

Edit: the sharpshooting is awesome though.

How? You hide behind the window downstairs. You first take out the soldier from the right by the hut where you start off(Upper window), and then you move downstairs and picked them off. Its easy to get two kills with one bullet in that section.

Last Baron said:
I am still holding out on Witcher 2...

Didn't it already go on flash? I swear they had it for like 7.49$ or even cheaper than that, this past week.

Menelaus

Banned
People are just downright silly if they aren't gobbling up Chivalry during this sale. I play every night, it's good for your health!

Bizazedo

Kind of disappointed in Endless Space. Feels kind of rock paper scissory and missing a lot of gameplay options I like in my 4x's....

Yes, of course I'm spoiled by Master of Orion 2.

I'd have been pissed if I got this full price.

Kind of disappointed in Endless Space. Feels kind of rock paper scissory and missing a lot of gameplay options I like in my 4x's....

this. gameplay was OK, but combat was no good IMO.

had the feeling to spluge for Dishonored, but it seems GMG doesn't want my money this time....bought plenty from there in the past and now it won't take my card. oh well.

sadface.jpg

Did you buy Galactic Civilizations 2? You missed out if you didn't. Much closer to MoO2 while doing some of it's own thing and not at all as simple as ES was.

Prezhulio

Didn't it already go on flash? I swear they had it for like 7.49$ or even cheaper than that, this past week.

no. i think it was $11.99 or thereabouts when the sale first started due to listing error,but it hasn't been on special (i've been waiting to get it as well, it's been so dirt cheap on amazon several times over the past year with non-steam activation, but i've been waiting for a decent steam sale, i.e. <$10).

just picked up xcom from amazon for $25. told myself i wouldn't spend over $15 for a single game this sale, but that price point broke me :(

How? You hide behind the window downstairs. You first take out the soldier from the right by the hut where you start off(Upper window), and then you move downstairs and picked them off. Its easy to get two kills with one bullet in that section.

Weird, I always got spotted when I did that. I'll give it another try later this evening and hope it'll be cheaper next time. Base price is still 49.99€.

Fantasmo

Got:

Borderlands 2
Mark of the Ninja
Witcher 2 Enhanced
Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Amazon, $2.50)
Hotline Miami
Psychonauts
Sonic Generations
Bionic Commando

The top 6 need no praise, everyone knows how awesome they are. The bottom 2 on the other hand are amazing, especially Bionic Commando on PC. It looks a little unpolished sure, but my god is the game amazingly fun, smooth, and fast to load.

Sonic Generations too holy moly, so good! Where did this come from?

I'm really disappointed there's no deal on Sam and Max Devils Playhouse. I loved Tales of Monkey Island and I've been itching for a new adventure in its vein. I never manage to catch it on sale.

Anyway, to reiterate, holyyyy moly Bionic Commando and Sonic Generations are both soooo good!

Cth

Here's an odd (hopefully related) question..

Are there any current coupons for Valve products right now? I saw something I was going to get for my wife for Christmas but I thought I'd check first for a Valve coupon -- otherwise I'll end up getting it through ThinkGeek with the free shipping offer they have going on today.

Thanks!

HoosTrax

Here's an odd (hopefully related) question..

Are there any current coupons for Valve products right now? I saw something I was going to get for my wife for Christmas but I thought I'd check first for a Valve coupon -- otherwise I'll end up getting it through ThinkGeek with the free shipping offer they have going on today.

Thanks!
Hmm, I've never seen any coupons for physical Valve merchandise, although sometimes the products themselves come with things you can redeem in-game like TF2 items or Dota couriers.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

ES is a good game, but it's lacking in some areas, the main one being the combat. The game has a fantastic and beautiful UI however, and is very well streamlined. But it lacks the depth to keep me playing it.

MOO2 is one of the best, but my all time favorite space 4X game is still Galactic Civ II (with both expansions). Nothing compares to it, the only real weakness GC2 has is, ironicly enough, it's UI. And that's not to say it's bad, but it could use some improvement. If I could give GC2 the UI design from Endless Space I'd have my best 4X game for all time.

Bizazedo

Did you buy Galactic Civilizations 2? You missed out if you didn't. Much closer to MoO2 while doing some of it's own thing and not at all as simple as ES was.

Yeah, already own it, thumbs up. Still no MoO2, though.

ES is a good game, but it's lacking in some areas, the main one being the combat. The game has a fantastic and beautiful UI however, and is very well streamlined. But it lacks the depth to keep me playing it.

MOO2 is one of the best, but my all time favorite space 4X game is still Galactic Civ II (with both expansions). Nothing compares to it, the only real weakness GC2 has is, ironicly enough, it's UI. And that's not to say it's bad, but it could use some improvement. If I could give GC2 the UI design from Endless Space I'd have my best 4X game for all time.

See, I detested the UI. The ship design menus seemed pretty bad and it's annoying looking through the list every time to find that shield I want to take off and replace with an upgraded one.

The R&D window was pretty and I was like "hey, that's kind of neat" in zooming..and then I started missing certain techs. Some were way too important, too, to keep down the random "Our empire is growing? BOOO RABBLE RABBLE" the citizens inexplicably do.

Don't get me wrong, I played ALL DAY on Sunday, so I like it. It did hook me. It felt appropriate for the reduced price I got it at. It just felt like a beta when I abruptly lost due to "HSAINNSHO REACHED VICTORY CONDITION$$@#!@#" some kind what looked like error speech....and then afterwards when I got to seriously thinking about it, I realized how much it was missing.

Good $10 game imo, though.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Welp i just found out that apparently we will be going on vacation during New Year (one week total) so i probably won't be around for the Winter sale, does anyone know when EXACTLY the Winter sale usually starts and till when it lasts? Depending on the outcome i might have to grab some of those deals i saved for then NOW!

You don't take your phone on vacation?

OTIX

Oh, suddenly I remembered why I hadn't bought Arkham City yet, Securom. :(

TL2 and MOTN added to the backlog though, and apparently I already own DE:HR.

gabbre

Got:
Mark of the Ninja
Analogue: A Hate Story
Sacred: Gold
Hotline Miami
The Binding of Issac + DLC
$20

that GTA pack is tempting but I'll wait till I have a better PC to max out the iCEnhancer stuff

mrgone

Buy now, 26 hours will go by in a flash

Yo8NT.jpg

People are just downright silly if they aren't gobbling up Chivalry during this sale. I play every night, it's good for your health!

The Winter Sale is coming.

That, and I have a deep enough backlog as it is to occupy myself until then. But come the Winter sale, I'll likely get Chivalry and a bunch of other games I've been holding out on. With the exception of FTL, I don't think I've bought a new game full price this year. Stocking up on games for cheap during the Winter sale certainly helps.

How's tropico and Crusader Kings? are they worth it?

Tropico is a pretty fun city sim. Its not super deep but its got some personality and is pretty fun. Its pretty nice looking too.

CK2 is fun if you can get into it, but its got a pretty steep learning curve if you're not familiar with Paradox games. I got it over the summer sale and have sunk a bunch of hours into it and I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing half of the time yet I keep playing. Mind you, its my first Paradox game so, again, steep learning curve.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I mentioned it earlier that I regret buying it.

For 5$ it's a good package if you tinker with the ini but if you're planning to play it with a controller the move-list is going to be nigh-useless since it only shows the keyboard controls.
What...now that is just lazy. Not buying that shit on any platform.

KingKong

Kinda weird that the deals end at 10 cst, are there going to be 3 new flash sales in 6 hours too?

I was expecting this whole thing to be over at noon

nexen

My backlog has reached critical mass.

Sometimes I feel like I'm stocking up for some strange doomsday scenario in which I'm the last man on earth but have plenty of food and water and Steam somehow still works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom