• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
My damage so far:

KotOR 2
Hotline Miami
Mark of the Ninja
Gal Civ II: UE

Can't see what else I might get (maybe except Endless Space for -75%). Then again Gabe will always find the next game I want.

Gibbon

Neo Member
If you haven't already unlocked it, Journey mode is where the game becomes awesome.

Shame the game wasn't hipster enough to get the indie attention.

I dunno, once you have unlocked every achievement (which doesn't require Journey mode at all), you don't really have any interest going back to it.

Well, that's 20+ hours anyway, largely worth it.

How much fun can you actually have with Universe Sandbox? It looks interesting but I don't see how I could sit here and play with it for hours. I love space, but this doesn't really seem that interesting, I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

Universe sandbox can be interesting not really a game though. If you're interested in space it can be fun to mess around with, crashing other planets into the earth can be pretty fun

It is $7.50 at GreenManGaming and Steam.

Both are selling the vanilla version.

The only place that has the Ultimate Edition on sale is the Microsoft Store for $9.99

Also, Chivalry is damn awesome. Glad I bought it. If you want to go medieval on someone's ass and chop their heads off, I thinketh this game is for you, lad.

Lyng

How stealth heavy is Deus EX?

The price right now is very very good, and I have heard alot of good things about the story, but I honestly dont care for stealth type games. So if your not into stealth games is Deus ex jay or nay?

What are the chances of Sonic Generations being at the same or a lower price again in the Winter sale?

Do Sega games often go on 75% sales on Steam or is that a rare occurence?

I really liked the demo, but i could wait until Winter if i knew it came back on sale then...

The price right now is very very good, and I have heard alot of good things about the story, but I honestly dont care for stealth type games. So if your not into stealth games is Deus ex jay or nay?

It is up to you how you want to play it. I would think it is much better with stealth, but you can blast away (and indeed are forced to do so for bosses).

It is a funny game in a way. It shows all its tricks in the first couple of hours and then isn't much good until the end. But I would still consider it a "very good game" because those tricks are pretty darn tricky.

What are the chances of Sonic Generations being at the same or a lower price again in the Winter sale?

I really liked the demo, but i could wait until Winter if i knew it came back on sale then...
maybe not cheaper but it'll most likely hit 75% off in winter

Santiako

You can spec your character for shootbang if you prefer.

Ledsen

It's been that cheap several times before, if not on Steam then on Amazon... seems like a game that will go cheap every sale.

It's as stealth as you want it to be. You can augment yourself to be more of a tank that can run in and blow everything up if you like.

But I'd say you'd probably still end up doing a little bit of sneaking or hacking, but I'm not sure since I haven't tried a combat focus playthrough.

Caerith

Depends on how you play it. Generally, I think people associate Deus Ex with crawling through vents and sneaking around to take out and/or avoid guards, but you could probably blast your way through as well. I think it's designed more for stealth and exploration though.

Chances are pretty good, I think. Sonic Generations has cheap enough often enough that I don't even remember when I got it.

It is up to you how you want to play it. I would think it is much better with stealth, but you can blast away (and indeed are forced to do so for bosses)..
While this is technically true the game wants you to and rewards you for playing stealthy no big deal but its annoying if you want to go completely the opposite way

While this is technically true the game wants you to and rewards you for playing stealthy no big deal but its annoying if you want to go completely the opposite way

That is true but the rewards don't really help you...unless you are playing stealthy. To me I agree it misses the point of the game, but I'm not a fan of action games in general, so each to their own.

As for Sonic Generations, I got it for $5.99 from GMG maybe a month ago? So it can certainly be cheaper.

Tizoc

Buy it at it's current discount so SEGA will release Skies of Arcadia to Steam
maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom