• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I was thinking more of the meme thing. The game's a riot to watch and looks incredibly fun to play.

I'm not sure what's meant by the "meme" thing. It's not filled with internet references or anything. Maybe it's taking advantage of Game of Throne's popularity a little, but they don't own the medieval setting and there is absolutely no fantasy elements in the game.

cicero

Guys, I am looking at the star wars collection+KOTOR 2 in my basket right now, both %50 off.
Comes to £38.48. Is this a good deal or are there/have there been higher discounts/should I wait for winter sale?

KOTOR 2 was just $2.50 the first day of the sale. I would wait on that one until Christmas, would probably wait on the Collection as well. Nothing to lose by doing so since it will likely have the same 50% off at the least.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Now I'm going to agonize over buying or not buying Chivalry for the remaining half hour of the sale. C'mon guys I already got enough to play for now...

HoosTrax

I'm not sure what's meant by the "meme" thing. It's not filled with internet references or anything. Maybe it's taking advantage of Game of Throne's popularity a little, but they don't own the medieval setting and there is absolutely no fantasy elements in the game.
No I meant is the game popular because it's become a flavor-of-the-month meme-ified thing, not that it contains memes.

Lain

I'll try asking here as well.

I grabbed Inversion off Amazon today, but when I went to activate the key on Steam, I found out the game is region locked and steam "canceled the purchase". Does that mean the key is still good to redeem, region aside? Cause then I could try to trade it with someone.

mrgone

All I meant is that it's hilarious to watch and is getting a lot of exposure as a result. However poorly I might have phrased my posts I didn't mean anything negative about the game. I want to play it. If there's an open 4-pack somewhere I'd like to be a part of it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
No I meant is the game popular because it's become a flavor-of-the-month meme-ified thing, not that it contains memes.

As with any multiplayer game, it's better to have an already established group of friends to play with. I have a group of six to ten that own the game and can be available for a session.

What the game does right is that it has totally nailed the rare first person armed combat. It just feels right. Deaths aren't cheap and you can tell how you need to get better.

I'll try asking here as well.

I grabbed Inversion off Amazon today, but when I went to activate the key on Steam, I found out the game is region locked and steam "canceled the purchase". Does that mean the key is still good to redeem, region aside? Cause then I could try to trade it with someone.

Probably yes, but I don't know for sure. Perhaps someone elseknows, or you can contact Steam support?

It's probably a better game than any game you will play between now and the winter sale.
I hear good things about Mark of the Ninja, but I guess I can't tell for sure until it's all said and done. I do have Twilight Princess to play as well and I'm no doubt sure that Chivalry is better than it, but I made a resolution to play through my Zelda backlog this year and it's the last one on the list. It needs to be done.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Guys, I am looking at the star wars collection+KOTOR 2 in my basket right now, both %50 off.
Comes to £38.48. Is this a good deal or are there/have there been higher discounts/should I wait for winter sale?

The Star Wars Collection has never been more than half off, so I say buy it now. Conversely, as others have said, wait on KoTOR 2.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
"Snuggler now owns Chivalry: Medieval Warfare"

I couldn't resist. Between the limb chopping, spear chucking/head exploding and hot oil dumping it looked too fun to pass up. Hopefully I can get in on some GAF games and at the very least provide comic relief with my woeful incompetence.

Volcynika

I'm gonna get Chivalry SOMEONE BETTER PLAY WITH ME ;_;

I even got a 4 pack, might can help out someone that missed out on it. But I have to check with friends first.

Bri

Uuugh, I feel weak. And CanYouRunIt says I'm close to "Fast performance" for Chivalry.

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+, GeForce 9600 GT, 4GB of system RAMZ.

Is it like Batman-well optimized or what? Looks pretty great to me. 9 minutes.

I'm so weak.

kswiston

I don't want the game, but I see a bunch of you waiting on hosts for Chivalry. Unless funds are tight and you can't afford to host the bundle, just buy a 4-pack yourself now instead of waiting for others to buy. I have never had a problem filling up a 4-pack on GAF during a sale and I have hosted at least a dozen of them in the past. People will gladly pay for those extra copies.

mrgone

Alright, I jumped on my sword and bought the 4-pack. Gala and multivac still interested?

edit: Wait. damnit, I just got declined

filipe

omg. Lol. Crap. Now I want it.

Take a look at the steam forums and you'll see why it may not be a good choice. I bought it close to its release and still haven't been able to find a fix for the server list, which NEVER populates. Really annoying since the game does look fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom