• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miker

My backlog has reached critical mass.

Sometimes I feel like I'm stocking up for some strange doomsday scenario in which I'm the last man on earth but have plenty of food and water and Steam somehow still works just fine.

You'd have all the time in the world...

tumblr_lhhy9bpee41qgqj2zo1_250.gif

Torraz

its pretty okay

The reviews I read and videos I watched all portrayed it as a pretty fun experience, if a bit simplified one with regard to the prior games.

Is this correct?

I know it's only 6 bucks, for for that price I already got some really nice goodies during this sale...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I actually don't own some of those, so in my mind the bundle isn't half bad.

Ditto.

Edit: I'm not seeing any keys in the "My Account" section, and the checkout page said the confirmation e-mail would also contain keys, but they're nowhere to be seen.

mrgone

I actually don't own some of those, so in my mind the bundle isn't half bad.

But one of the games you have to unlock via facebook for the first week. And then they display you on their facebook tally below like you're part of the Bundle Stars army.

FOR THE ORDERRR

Lanark

The reviews I read and videos I watched all portrayed it as a pretty fun experience, if a bit simplified one with regard to the prior games.

Is this correct?

I know it's only 6 bucks, for for that price I already got some really nice goodies during this sale...

Yes, great atmosphere, really fun, laid back. It's not super-deep, but I wouldn't have played it for 40 hours if it was boring either.

Too bad Rockstar/Take 2 couldn't get their Vice City issues worked out before the sale. I passed up on the PC version a dozen times in past sales but now that i can't buy it, I desperately want it.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Just played a few minutes and I'm already regretting my purchase. The controls feel slightly off, it's not hitting the nostalgic THPS vibe for me at all. The menus look like power point presentations. The main menu has the "Single Player" option which is funny because there's no multiplayer. No graphical options whatsoever besides changing resolution. Game is ugly. It has screen tearing. It was only $5 but it could have been better spent on something else in this sale... :(

You have to go into the ini file and change everything.

That said, this has been my haul for this sale as I believe that I'm done.

In order of purchase.

Xcom - Enemy Unknown
Terraria
Zeno Clash
Analogue: A Hate Story
Scribblenauts Unlimited
The Walking Dead
Intrusion 2
Critter Crunch
InMomentum
Inversion
Hotline Miami
Torchlight II
Sonic Generations

Tizoc

Sometimes I hate Akira Toriyama for coming up with the Hyperbolic Time Chamber/Chamber of Time and Space =/

coopolon

Are there any codes that can be used on the Borderlands 2 Season Pass on GMG? Finally gets a discount, but I want a little more discount!

Tropico is a pretty fun city sim. Its not super deep but its got some personality and is pretty fun. Its pretty nice looking too.

CK2 is fun if you can get into it, but its got a pretty steep learning curve if you're not familiar with Paradox games. I got it over the summer sale and have sunk a bunch of hours into it and I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing half of the time yet I keep playing. Mind you, its my first Paradox game so, again, steep learning curve.

Thanks for the comment! Maybe I'll wait for the new deals and try not to buy those games for now.

JaseC

GameFly has cancelled my account...

for the love of god

I had the same experience when ordering from GameFly US:

In my experience, Gamefly is very anal about international orders. I tried ordering a Lego game about a month or so ago and used a fake US address (Google's HQ, as always). After the order was submitted, the auto-reply stated that it would need to be manually verified, so I decided to take the initiative, informing Gamefly that while my nominated billing address was fake, the order itself was indeed legit as I was an international customer. Some hours later, I received a response from a CSR saying my order had been cancelled due to "inconsistencies", and when I visited the website a notification informed me of my account being banned.

I remember one GAFer saying he was able to order just fine when using a fake address, but I believe this isn't actually protocol and international orders aren't to be honoured.

This is an absolutely brilliant deal if you don't own any of these yet. I just wanted Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter because I already own the rest, so I passed on it.

I think I have a key for that game. Are you willing to trade for somethibg cheap for it? I'm interested in greed corp , criter crunch or zeno clash.

Forgot to say that Im wont be online for one hour

I had the same experience when ordering from GameFly US:

I remember one GAFer saying he was able to order just fine when using a fake address, but I believe this isn't actually protocol and international orders aren't to be honoured.
But will my credit card be charged? I sure hope not.

Do they even state anywhere on their website that they don't sell to non-UK/US residents? I can't find it if they do. This just sucks, they didn't even bother to give me a call after asking my phone number. I might have been able to explain the situation. It makes no sense at all really, it's not like they have to ship a physical copy to some place on the other side of the planet.

Do they even state anywhere on their website that they don't sell to non-UK/US residents? I can't find it if they do. This just sucks, they didn't even bother to give me a call after asking my phone number. I might have been able to explain the situation. It makes no sense at all really, it's not like they have to ship a physical copy to some place on the other side of the planet.

Which site did you use? gamefly.co.uk does sell stuff to the Netherlands. It depends on the title, but most titles have a list of countries which they sell it to.

Which site did you use? gamefly.co.uk does sell stuff to the Netherlands. It depends on the title, but most titles have a list of countries which they sell it to.
Paid in pounds sterling so it must have been gamefly.co.uk, and that's what I find peculiar. It specifically tells in what countries the games are available. I'll make another account later today to try it again.

Another irregularity is on my order page it says that it's charged on my own name, the name I filled in on my account, but the card isn't on that name and I didn't see an option to write down the card holders name while ordering.

Joe Molotov

Ditto.

Edit: I'm not seeing any keys in the "My Account" section, and the checkout page said the confirmation e-mail would also contain keys, but they're nowhere to be seen.

Yeah, same here. Also I went to the Facebook page where it said there would be instructions on how to unlock the bonus game, and I found no instructions. So far this new indie bundler seems to be off to great start!

Edit: Okay they showed up, it just took a minute.

JaseC

It shouldn't be; mine wasn't.

Yeah, same here. Also I went to the Facebook page where it said there would be instructions on how to unlock the bonus game, and I found no instructions. So far this new indie bundler seems to be off to great start!

Edit: Okay they showed up, it just took a minute.

Still no keys here. I bought the bundle almost an hour ago now.

mrgone

Your spider senses are weak. It isn't campy or janky. I can't speak to the "fad" part, as we'll have to see how the community pans out after this latest influx.

I was thinking more of the meme thing. The game's a riot to watch and looks incredibly fun to play.

metalshade

Guys, I am looking at the star wars collection+KOTOR 2 in my basket right now, both %50 off.
Comes to £38.48. Is this a good deal or are there/have there been higher discounts/should I wait for winter sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom