• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Ok so if I really hate CS:S because of the community and the fact that I'm awful at it, will I like CS:GO?

This might be a dumb question, but, you know, just in case.

I'm sure you'll be just as awful at GO. Expect to enter an alley, be killed by a sniper you can't see, watch the rest of the match.

diggler41

How did you get Brotherhood so cheap? What does the PayPal signify?

What I paid for it. I just checked Steam trade forums all around. That's how I got that awesome deal on SSIVAEC as well. I think ACB was $5 a month ago when the franchise was a midweek or something.

Volcynika

I remember my brother saying he wanted to get Castle Crashers a few days ago. I told him "Wait for the daily deals!"

And see, he is now a happier person that he waited.

ChesterCharm

Neo Member
i bought a castle crashers 4 pack. each is 3.75 a pop but you'll have to wait till i get home around 5pm-6pm arizona time to get your copy.

pm me if interested. thanks.

What I paid for it. I just checked Steam trade forums all around. That's how I got that awesome deal on SSIVAEC as well. I think ACB was $5 a month ago when the franchise was a midweek or something.

Just checked a price tracker site and can see that the prices have come way down in the past so looks like I'll be waiting for a drop. Eager to get into III but want to play the first few first :)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm interested in the witcher 2, but is this the sort of game where you HAVE to play the first?

Copenap

If anything CS:GO is currently worse off than CS:S. It's just being treated so weirdly and has its own set of problems least not of all is the community who now has built in votekick tools to be dicks with.

I wanted to love it, having played CS since it was still on the WON network and vehicles were still a thing, but I just couldn't keep playing GO long enough to really get into it. And now with the new punishment system in place, it makes any mistake cost too dearly. Kill a bot who jumped in front of your gun unexpectedly? Enjoy getting banned for a day from matchmaking.

Hm, don't know if this has been the case but it definitly is not anymore, you get banned after 3 TKs what is fair imo. Afaik you get banned immediatly if you tk within the first seconds or something.

I Really enjoy playing CS:GO, though I have to add I mostly play in a party of 5 and I don't think I would be playing it if I was playing on my own.

Addnan

I have castle crasher, orcs must die franchise and sims 3 in my basket.

To scared to buy the third, think I will need to wait for the flashes all to finish.

So, is it safe to "mop up" yet?

That is, go through and buy all the stuff that didn't go on daily? I can probably live without a few flash deals.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Hm, don't know if this has been the case but it definitly is not anymore, you get banned after 3 TKs what is fair imo. Afaik you get banned immediatly if you tk within the first seconds or something.

I Really enjoy playing CS:GO, though I have to add I mostly play in a party of 5 and I don't think I would be playing it if I was playing on my own.

It was for a few weeks at least, I ended up uninstalling the game as interest from my party died out relatively quickly. I might ride the gun again, but I also don't like the leave punishment system I heard talked about. Is that still a thing?

So, is it safe to "mop up" yet?

That is, go through and buy all the stuff that didn't go on daily? I can probably live without a few flash deals.

Yes, today's dailies end in 24 hours so this is the last set of big deals. Grab what you want unless you feel like waiting for winter!

I'm interested in the witcher 2, but is this the sort of game where you HAVE to play the first?

No, not really. Many of the characters are returning from the first game but it tells it's own complete story. It's probably worth while catching up on what happened in the first and who the characters are but even if you don't the game has a very comprehensive context sensitive codex. They also play very differently.

feel

Ok so if I really hate CS:S because of the community and the fact that I'm awful at it, will I like CS:GO?

This might be a dumb question, but, you know, just in case.
The gameplay feels much tighter than CS:S and it has skill based matchmaking on official servers with default rules so you don't have to deal with wildly uneven skilled teams on community servers with stupid admin's rules and player counts. It's classic-ish Counterstrike wrapped in a modern and pleasant to look at menu/UI system that just lets you enjoy the game hassle free. Plus they keep improving it week after week (it has come a looooong way since the beginnings of the beta). Highly recommended.

It was for a few weeks at least, I ended up uninstalling the game as interest from my party died out relatively quickly. I might ride the gun again, but I also don't like the leave punishment system I heard talked about. Is that still a thing?
Yeah they have tweaked all of that long ago.

About the leave punishment, in the ranked competitive playlist you get a 30min cooldown from reentering that playlist if you quit, higher wait times if you keep doing it. You can still play in the other playlists while on cooldown.

Hmm, tempted by MW3. It's been on sale before and I regretted buying it. I really enjoyed the free Steam weekend (I still do love COD online, especially on PC) and the single player was great on 360. Also, I think AlterIWNet have a version out for MW3 to let you use dedicated servers instead of matchmaking.

On the flipside, there's BLOPS2. I don't know if I should just skip over MW3 and go for that at Christmas.

Nabs

Hmm, tempted by MW3. It's been on sale before and I regretted buying it. I really enjoyed the free Steam weekend (I still do love COD online, especially on PC) and the single player was great on 360. Also, I think AlterIWNet have a version out for MW3 to let you use dedicated servers instead of matchmaking.

On the flipside, there's BLOPS2. I don't know if I should just skip over MW3 and go for that at Christmas.

Skip MW3 and go for Blops 2.

Copenap

Yes, and it's the most important implementation and basically fixed the game.

No more leaving during a match, no more 5v2 after three crushing rounds. There is always casual competitive if someone isn't sure if he wants to play a whole round or just wants to play around but the constant quitting in classic compatitive after release was really defeating the purpose of classic competetive.

Now the match making system really is a substitude for IRC from the 1.6 days for playing fun wars.

Uthred

Not at all, a summary of the events in the first one should be more than sufficient. Returning characters, including the main character, are characterised quite a bit differently (and much better) in the second game. I actually found playing them back to back made the transition a little jarring.

Skip MW3 and go for Blops 2.

BLOPS2 is really terrible, at least in its current state. They might still be able to fix it, but I don't know how anyone could recommend it as it is right now. (And I've put 25 hours into BLOPS 2 vs 240 hours into MW3 and am in no way a COD hater).

kennah

Trying again on new page :

Would like to get in on a Castle Crashers 4 pack, but I'd like to pay by emailing an Amazon.com gift card. Have some credit there that I'm trying to use up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom