• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Hmmmm....

Crusaders Kings 2 Yay or Nay?

Ledsen has almost sold me...

QdCKW.png

Sounds like a post 217-like thing. Sure, it sounded cool, but the actual gameplay was crap. How does it play?

moojito

Anyone on the fence about just cause 2: doooo eeeeeet!

The graphics are amazing. The atmosphere is amazing. The island is huuuuuuge. There's a ton of stuff to do in terms of clearing every area to 100%, not just a main quest. It's just plain damn fun!

Wolfie5

It´s been a pretty good sale for me. Held off on a couple games as I´ll have enough to play until next sale.

Bought this sale:
RAGE (9 hours played, fun, but is getting a bit repetitive).
Mark of the Ninja
CIV V - GOTY edition
DLC to Arkham City

Restrained myself pretty good this time around. Have a backlog that I don´t want to talk about... :)

Shadybiz

Alright..couldn't resist Grimrock.

Pretty disciplined this time around:

Dead Island
Grimrock
Mark of the Ninja
Chivalry

All games that I will probably play by say February :)

bigace33

About to pull the trigger on Alpha Protocol on Greenman gaming for $7.50, steam redeemable. Is it lower anywhere else? I thought I was finished with this sale. 8^(

kaleii

Dawnguard adds an independent questline that can be played at any time during or after the rest of Skyrim. The only reason you'd need to have it before starting Skyrim is if you were dead set on playing as a Vampire for the entire game (or a Werewolf, since it also adds some nice werewolf perks).

I'll hold out a little longer then. Thanks a million for the info!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Sounds like a post 217-like thing. Sure, it sounded cool, but the actual gameplay was crap. How does it play?

I haven't played it, but it is a Paradox strategy game. They make the finest of spreadsheets.

I actually do want Crusader Kings, but I just bought GalCiv2 and I won't have time for it. I WON'T...... HAVE..... TIME... nNNYYYAAAHHHHGGHGHH MUST NOT BUY

Acidote

One thing about Crusader Kings II: if you've never played the genre, you will have to jump an oiled wall. The learning curve is steep and long, and it is also awful, although once you get a gripe the game must be very satisfying. I never got to the satisfying point, I can't be dedicated when I have a backlog that size.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
One thing about Crusader Kings II: if you've never played the genre, you will have to jump an oiled wall. The learning curve is steep and long, and it is also awful, although once you get a gripe the game must be very satisfying. I never got to the satisfying point, I can't be dedicated when I have a backlog that size.

Yea, Paradox games are extremely complicated and highly cryptic to learn. Quite a payoff, though.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yea, Paradox games are extremely complicated and highly cryptic to learn. Quite a payoff, though.

This is what turns me off. Everything I read about Crusader Kings sounds realy interesting but I don't always do so hot with the types of games that used to come with a five pound instruction booklet. I appreciate complexity to a certain extent but my need for instant gratification makes it hard to put up with the time committment required to learn the game.

Oh well, I guess I'll just go run some people over in GTA instead.

stupei

Hmmmm....

QdCKW.png

As long as you know what you're getting into, it's a great game. Definitely in my personal top 10 for the year. Consider watching the Giant Bomb quick look?

This is what turns me off. Everything I read about Crusader Kings sounds realy interesting but I don't always do so hot with the types of games that used to come with a five pound instruction booklet. I appreciate complexity to a certain extent but my need for instant gratification makes it hard to put up with the time committment required to learn the game.

There's a really good Something Awful thread that gives you a good idea of where to start.

The game honestly isn't that complicated, it's just that there are a lot of places you could begin your game that are dangerous enough that your guy will be dead before you've worked it all out.

Ok. Bought.

Thanks everybody for your opinions. I hope it'll be as entertaining as it seems and not as difficult to get into it as some of you suggest.

Considering starting your first game in Ireland. It's far enough from the mainland that you're mostly just fighting other local lords for a long time, which is a big help.

Alien8

Ok. Bought.

Thanks everybody for your opinions. I hope it'll be as entertaining as it seems and not as difficult to get into it as some of you suggest.

Can't decide if I should also pick up The Witcher...

Is The Witcher 2 easy enough to jump into without prior knowledge of the events of the first game?

It's not a matter of money, obviously. I just don't know that I'd have the time to invest in ANOTHER RPG.

Crusader kings is also the best game of thrones game around. If you like that series, pick up the game NOW.

Mind you, I have never actually played the mod, but I downloaded the shit out of it.

Witcher 2? You can jump in no worries. As far as time goes act 1 is awesome and the rest is sort of crap. So just play through act 1 and it will be the perfect game for you (this statement may or may not upset the game's supporters...but should help you buy it)

Nah, I don't think so. It says pretty clearly "new deals through Nov. 26." In about 9 hours it's Nov. 27 on most of the globe.

The "Best" Deals may come again for the last day. It just says new deals trough Nov 26. And old deals from a few days ago etc are not new deals

Travado

And.... I'm done with this sale (I think lol).

Alan Wake Bundle
Bastion
Cave Story+
Critter Crunch
Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
Legend of Grimrock
Psychonauts
Puzzle Dimension
Terraria
The Binding Of Isaac
The Witcher Enhanced Edition
The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition
VVVVVV

And... Don't Starve.

So if I bought the Arkham City GOTY edition, I should have all the bits of DLC like Harley Quinn's Revenge, Robin/Nightwing Bundles, Challenge Map Pack, and the Skins Pack DLC, right? I'm asking because those bits of DLC aren't showing up as me owning them in the store.

Also still on the fence about Just Cause 2. Should I get JC1 or is JC2 alone good enough?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
What to do? I played the Orcs Must Die demo, and it's a fun little game. But I don't know if I'll grow tired of it after a while. The problem would be getting burned on the first one, and never touching the sequel as a result.

And can't make my mind on if I should get both Witcher games right now, or just the first one (want to play them in order).

Nabs

What to do? I played the Orcs Must Die demo, and it's a fun little game. But I don't know if I'll grow tired of it after a while. The problem would be getting burned on the first one, and never touching the sequel as a result.

And can't make my mind on if I should get both Witcher games right now, or just the first one (want to play them in order).

We'll have another sale in 3 or so weeks, you don't have to buy everything right now.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Hmmmm....

QdCKW.png
I bought it based on these kind of reviews. Turns out I just executed everyone around me and died.

Game was not fun, would not recommend.

Still waiting for Rayman Origins to go on sale. Maybe during the Winter one.

Wish Sherlock Holmes Testament was cheaper. Probably will wait for that to be cheaper as well. Although the Sherlock Holmes bundle for $8 is tempting.

stupei

I bought it based on these kind of reviews. Turns out I just executed everyone around me and died.

Game was not fun, would not recommend.

Yeah, weirdly the people directly below you hate when you tax them or cut off their heads. Such a hard game to figure out.

Honestly, CK2 mostly requires common sense. Beyond that, it's about figuring out which button leads to which menu/spreadsheet.

Hakkuei

Do those actually move TF2? The real bulk of the game are the .gcf files and AFAIK, those things only move the folders.

Right, I hadn't thought about that.. You could try to backup TF2 somewhere, uninstall it, start the download on your other HDD, quit steam and then move your backup to the new location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom