• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind folk of SteamGAF, how is Castle Crashers as a single-player thing? Consider me long-intrigued by it, but I'm not sure I have a ready availability of buddies to play with - is there solo fun to be had?

Cheers!

It's still a great game if you play single-player. The music in the game is fantastic too. I played it mostly in solo then played it with friends. I'm getting it on Steam now so if you want to add me we can play it some time.

http://youtu.be/_5cCBevE6Jc

No love for Noitu Love 2 GAF?

It's pretty awesome. http://youtu.be/XWGGybAEZkc
Even Steam doesn't give it respect, having no proper icon in list view.

jbkmV0pDcXeT1.png

Game's awesome though. Well worth more than the current $2 price.

Hakkuei

Kind folk of SteamGAF, how is Castle Crashers as a single-player thing? Consider me long-intrigued by it, but I'm not sure I have a ready availability of buddies to play with - is there solo fun to be had?

Cheers!

I had a blast playing it with friends but I would never play it alone.

zam

The damage:

Skyrim (+Dragonguard & Hearthfire)
ArmA II Combined Operations
Sleeping Dogs
The Witcher EE
The Witcher 2
Crysis Maximum Edition Bundle (All crysis games)
Hotline Miami
Mark of the Ninja
Metro 2033

Not that bad for my first Steam sale (upgraded my PC 2 months ago and got back into PC-gaming)

ATF487

Damn, the Witcher 1 is 2.50? Not sure if I'd be into it but both games for 10 dollars is nuts.

Thought about picking up Alan Wake but I don't think I'll get around to it for awhile; maybe on another deal. I have too much shit to play already.

Still, Dark Souls and Arkham City for 20 dollars (my only two purchases) is a solid deal

Wanace

Civ 5 Gods and Kings worth it? Should I get any of the other DLC that's available?

I really enjoy Civ 5 but I uninstalled it, should I dive back in?

fionel

It just feels all sorts of wrong as a beat 'em up, namely the hit detection and the sense for when your opponent is dead. Sometimes it feels like dudes just soak up damage, sometimes they don't, but either way it's a matter of stopping your juggle just to see if they'll fade out or if they'll get back up so you can keep doing it. There's no weight to it I guess, it just wasn't very fun. The humour did nothing for me as well. :\

I dunno what I'd recommend in its place on Steam, but on the console space Double Dragon Neon is 10 times the game Castle Crashers is.

I second this.

ShaneB

Civ 5 Gods and Kings worth it? Should I get any of the other DLC that's available?

I really enjoy Civ 5 but I uninstalled it, should I dive back in?

I had Civ V for ages but never finished a full game until I got Gods and Kings a few days ago. That makes it worth it enough for me :) It's definitely got me into the game more knowing it feels like I'm playing the "right" Civ V

Dingotech

My damage report pending the final flash sales -

ME -

Batman Asylum/City - Pack from Amazon $10
Mark of the Ninja - $7.50
Orcs Must Die 2 Complete - 2-pack $5
Chivalry - 2 copies from a 4-pack $9.50

TOTAL - $32

WIFE -

Age of Empires III - $6 (I think...)
Sim City IV - $5
Orcs Must Die 2 Complete - 2-pack $5
Chivalry - 2 copies from a 4-pack $9.50

TOTAL - $25.5

Outside of Steam I bought $50 worth of PSN credit to enable me to buy a PSN PS+ 12 months account to access a heap of new Vita games and free PS3 games, excellent deal!!

Damage report

Amazon
Batman Arkham Asylum/City - $10
Just Cause 2 - $4

Steam
Castle Crashers 4-pack - $15
The Walking Dead - $12.50
Portal 2 - $5
Deus Ex: HR - $5
Max Payne - $15

Total: $66.50

I've held back. I'm buying the ff. games over winter sale since I know I won't have time to play them.
- Shogun 2 collection
- CS:GO
- Witcher 2
- Torchlight 2, but I might pass up on this completely. I already have PoE.

Just Batman Arkham City GOTY for me

Thought I'd get around to playing it now that I have all the DLC

My stance towards playing it is exactly the same :(

Tizoc

EDIT: NVM read the posts~
Testament of Sherlock Holmes is a decent Point n' Click game, although I dunno if it's worth $20 (maybe 10-15).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Uh, did anyone else not get any DLC with the SSFIV:AE Complete Pack?

Edit: Oh, I see, the Pack actually includes AE itself and the DLC bundle, not the DLC as separate items.

neoism

really glad I skipped this sale wasn't that great... still got 80 in meh wallet hope the Christmas sale doesn't suck

Symphonic

ARgjkfdjgogjergdlg.

I wait for 4 days for SSFIV to go on sale and then I get sad and get depressed and give up on the world so I spend my money on Most Wanted instead in a desperate effort for happiness and it doesn't work and I'm still sad and now have no money and THEN SSFIV GOES ON A FLASH SALE.

OK CACPCOM. OK.

:(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ARgjkfdjgogjergdlg.

I wait for 4 days for SSFIV to go on sale and then I get sad and get depressed and give up on the world so I spend my money on Most Wanted instead in a desperate effort for happiness and it doesn't work and I'm still sad and now have no money and THEN SSFIV GOES ON A FLASH SALE.

OK CACPCOM. OK.

:(

That's what happens when you forsake the Golden Rule. :p

That's it for me.

Damage is:
Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon($1.24) - $1.24
Hotline Miami($4.99) - $6.23
Mark of the Ninja($7.49) - $13.72
Sonic Generations($7.49; helped Winnie the Pimp get Batman AC GOTY) - $21.21
Castle Crashers($3.74; traded a copy of Legend of Grimrock to Exuro) - $24.95
Sonic Generations DLC($0.39) - $25.34
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Complete Pack($13.49) - $38.83

I got $20 Steam credit as a Birthday gift a few weeks ago, which I used all of here, so I technically paid $18.83 for the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom