• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

If someone gets another street fighter four-pack going send me a PM, I'd like a 7.50 copy. Can't host because it's not available in my region.

Anteo

So I can't see the SF4IV deal (new on steam here). Maybe is not on my region? How do you set your region anyways?

Edit:
If someone gets another street fighter four-pack going send me a PM, I'd like a 7.50 copy. Can't host because it's not available in my region.

So I can get the game if someone gives it to me?

mannerbot

I'm gonna see if I can contact -Mikey- soon since he didn't list his Steam ID. If he doesn't respond soon maybe you could get in on ours?

Relax.MX

My PC its back from the death after 2 weeks :D but is the first time in 2 years that i dont get de NeoGAF steam hype :( i guess nothing for me :(

RetroGreg

My haul this sale:

Chime
Critter Crunch
Tales from space: Mutant blobs attack
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Castle Crashers
All in costume pack for Street Fighter

I'm pretty happy :)

Dreavus

I probably shouldn't buy Fortune Summoners (only 50% off at 9.99) but the damn demo has it's hooks in me.

I'm reasonably sure the winter sale will put it back on, but I somehow doubt it will go below the 10 dollar mark anyway. I don't recall Recettear (same publisher) having a second sale after their indie bundle "success", and same with their other game Chantelise. What do you guys think?

Narag

I probably shouldn't buy Fortune Summoners (only 50% off at 9.99) but the damn demo has it's hooks in me.

I'm reasonably sure the winter sale will put it back on, but I somehow doubt it will go below the 10 dollar mark anyway. I don't recall Recettear (same publisher) having a second sale after their indie bundle "success", and same with their other game Chantelise. What do you guys think?

I'd wait. I bought it for $5 during the summer sale.

iavi

Hotline Miami is like the poster child for the buggy, cumbersome PC gaming experience argument.

It feels like there's a hitch with this game every couple minutes, and that's if it starts correctly.

Before a sequel anything, cactus and co need to bring this shoddy product up to par.

ameridion

Neo Member
I just came back to PC gaming and I have to say the games are so cheap. Now I just need more time to play the games I got. The damage is:
- DLC for the Binding of Isaac
- Orcs must Die 2
- Dead Island GOTY (amazon)
- Max Payne Bundle
- Max Payne 3 (amazon)
- Alan Wake Franchise
- Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD
- The Witcher 2
- Bastion
- SSFIVAE Complete Pack
And before that like 80 dollars from amazon packs redeemable on Steam. Not bad I say.
Can I have an invite to the GAF steam Group? Also I need friends. My account is "amerid1on". Thanks

Conceptor

GG's tonight on Chivalry

ShaneB I was totally going to defend you, but I was typing a message in chat and Xclash just came up behind and chopped you :(

See, I told you guys Capcom would come through! Sadly I already own it :(

Hotline Miami is like the poster child for the buggy, cumbersome PC gaming experience argument.

It feels like there's a hitch with this game every couple minutes, and that's if it starts correctly.

Before a sequel anything, cactus and co need to bring this shoddy product up to par.

Never had an issue with the game, almost 2/3 through.

Ahhh PC gaming.

I know it's about an Amazon sale but fuck it, I'm posting it here anyway. I'm so close on pulling the trigger on getting XCOM for 25 but I'm hesitant, namely in that I probably won't play it before the winter sale anyway. Auauauau. The more I think about it though in that time I'd probably spend the money on something dumber anyway. Auauauau choices choices.

I know it's about an Amazon sale but fuck it, I'm posting it here anyway. I'm so close on pulling the trigger on getting XCOM for 25 but I'm hesitant, namely in that I probably won't play it before the winter sale anyway. Auauauau. The more I think about it though in that time I'd probably spend the money on something dumber anyway. Auauauau choices choices.

Bought XCOM on Amazon earlier. Been getting nothing but praise from reviewers and users on here. I figure the game won't get any lower than $25 for a while and it's fairly new so $25 for it seems like a good deal. I saw someone on my Steam friend list log in over 200 hours on the game already, so he got his money's worth for sure. @_@

Waiting for Winter is a fine excuse not to buy something if you actually aren't so hot on a game, but if it's something you actually want, you realistically aren't getting a better price until Summer. If it went on flash/daily this time, that's about as low as they will get until next year, with few exceptions (like Mirror's Edge, which has been $5 before and is $6 this time for some reason), so really, it's more likely it will actually be more if you wait until Winter sale.

If you actually want XCOM, you should buy it now. It will likely be this price in the Winter, if it gets a daily/flash at all.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Finally done with all these sales.

$9 F.E.A.R. 1, 2, and 3 (on Amazon)
$2.50 F.E.A.R. 2 Reborn DLC
$10 Mirror's Edge
$12.50 The Walking Dead
$7.50 Max Payne 1 and 2 bundle
$15 Max Payne 3
$7.50 L.A. Noire Complete Edition
$7.50 Batman: Arkham City GOTY

Total: $71.50 $79 because I randomly gifted L.A. Noire to a friend with it on their wishlist.

I've spent so much money this month that the paycheck I cashed earlier today put me at the balance I reached cashing last month's check. Thankfully there aren't many more games I care about right now.

Waiting for Winter is a fine excuse not to buy something if you actually aren't so hot on a game, but if it's something you actually want, you realistically aren't getting a better price until Summer, and there's a chance it will go on sale, but be more.

If you actually want XCOM, you should buy it now. It will likely be this price in the Winter, if it gets a daily/flash at all.
The deed is done. I love you guys 'cause I just came here to be enabled.

Anyone interested in Orcs Must Die 2 Complete Pack? Was going to buy the 2-pack for $10, so $5 gets you everything with the game. PM me or hit me up on Steam right now.

Finally done with all these sales.

$9 F.E.A.R. 1, 2, and 3 (on Amazon)
$2.50 F.E.A.R. 2 Reborn DLC
$10 Mirror's Edge
$12.50 The Walking Dead
$7.50 Max Payne 1 and 2 bundle
$15 Max Payne 3
$7.50 L.A. Noire Complete Edition
$7.50 Batman: Arkham City GOTY

Total: $71.50 $79 because I randomly gifted L.A. Noire to a friend with it on their wishlist.

I've spent so much money this month that the paycheck I cashed earlier today put me at the balance I reached cashing last month's check. Thankfully there aren't many more games I care about right now.

You paid $10 for Mirror's Edge???

NUUUUU!

The deed is done. I love you guys 'cause I just came here to be enabled.

As I love to enable people, but I firmly believe that a lot of people who are saying "I'm waiting for Winter sale" either don't really want the game that much, or are in for a lot of disappointment. Also, in the case of XCOM specifically, $25 is nuts. Until I saw that price just now, I felt really good about getting it for $32.50 two weeks ago.

ShaneB

GG's tonight on Chivalry

ShaneB I was totally going to defend you, but I was typing a message in chat and Xclash just came up behind and chopped you :(

Haha, no worries man. I was crouching to regen health, so you had the right mindset in knowing I needed some protecting :)

GGs indeed to all the folks that were in that game.

Addnan

Fuck, thought I only spent something like £20.

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Complete Pack
Bully: Scholarship Edition
The Sims 3
Castle Crashers
Skyrim Hearthfire
Skyrim - Dawnguard
Cave Story+
Max Payne 3
Alan Wake Bundle
Critter Crunch
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II

No winter sale for me
lol

I'm pretty damn happy with my haul for this sale:

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2
The Witcher 2
Batman: Arkham City
Torchlight 2
Sleeping Dogs (from GMG)

ShaneB

I kept accidentally teamkilling :(

Have some self control with those big 2 handers. :) Teamkilling will be common for new players, but you got to learn to use the overheads and thrust moves as they're just as important when the situation arises. It's why I prefer LTS because each round means each life is that much more important.

Welp, here's my haul since last Thursday:

• Dead Island "GOTY"
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
  • Batman: Arkham City GOTY
  • Fallout 3: GOTY
  • Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
  • Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition
  • Galaxy on Fire 2
  • Who's That Flying
  • Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
  • Lord of the Rings: War in the North
  • Toki Tori
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  • Castle Crashers
  • Awesomenauts
  • Zeno Clash
Not too shabby, got everything for under $70 I think. Thanks to Amazon, GMG and Steam. Bring on the Winter sale!

Ah fuck it, I'll buy Dishonored for $7.50 more than it was on GMG before they ran out of codes and $25 plus tax on Amazon. Let that $7.50 be a reminder to all of you the perils of indecision!

I'll save that $7.50 by not double dipping on Arkham City to get the DLC.

Or will I?????

EDIT: NewEgg still has PC for $25, so $26.80 after tax, but I have to wait for it to ship. Blah.

Welp, here's my haul since last Thursday:

• Dead Island "GOTY"
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
  • Batman: Arkham City GOTY
  • Fallout 3: GOTY
  • Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
  • Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition
  • Galaxy on Fire 2
  • Who's That Flying
  • Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
  • Lord of the Rings: War in the North
  • Toki Tori
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  • Castle Crashers
  • Awesomenauts
  • Zeno Clash
Not too shabby, got everything for under $70 I think. Thanks to Amazon, GMG and Steam. Bring on the Winter sale!

From a quick eyeball, there's no way that's under $70.

Have some self control with those big 2 handers. :) Teamkilling will be common for new players, but you got to learn to use the overheads and thrust moves as they're just as important when the situation arises. It's why I prefer LTS because each round means each life is that much more important.

I think everyone should just stay out of my way.

Hakkuei

SSFIVAE 4-Pack

1. Hakkuei
2. M*A*S*H
3. earvcunanan
4. Stop It

I can host but you'll have to pay me in €. It's 5.62€ a pop, which is roughly the same as the US price ($7.30 according to xe).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom