• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watevaman

Well, not a lot this sale. Bought DCS: A-10C and Aerofly FS along with Chivalry. I guess there as about $50 of damage but I'm lookin forward to learning how to fly the A-10C.

Blablurn

what i bought this sale...

The Witcher 2
Alan Wake Franchise
Zeno Clash
Football Manager 2013
Max Payne 3
Rage
Saints Row 3rd

So much Gameplay right there.

I got burned by the last flash deal. Binding of Isaac went even cheaper ._. oh well fun game. Least it wasn't Brink.

Spent $20 total. Modest haul, I'm happy with that.

Tess3ract

Banned
Anyone able to recommend some cheap but also good RPGs? or something that has decent SP.

If I hadn't have finished dead souls before id be all over it and Im kind of sat here scrolling for something to buy. Im not sure on Grimlock that will take some convincing.
Grimrock is very good. I highly suggest it. It's a great RPG.

nilbog21

Banned
Only bought two games:

Chivalry
Hotline Miama

and god damn they ended up being the best damn games I have played in a LONG time.

$15. For me, by far the best steam sale yet

XShagrath

Picked up a couple Steam Wallet codes with some Best Buy giftcards this time around, so I wasn't actually "out" anything (for the Steam stuff). Here's my final tally over the last week as well:

Steam
Bastion - $3.75
Cargo Commander - $2.49
Droplitz - $0.99
Critter Crunch - $1.74
Pendulo Adventure Pack - $14.99
The Sims 3 - $14.99
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition - $2.49

Amazon
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $14.99
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - $4.99

Gamefly
Spec Ops: The Line - $5.99

Think I might ask for some Steam Wallet codes for X-Mas as well to help out with the Winter sale.

Double

Civ 5 Gods & Kings...

The original Civ 5 multiplayer felt SO slow, (it took a ton of time between rounds which really is a killer in an already slow paced, drawn out game).

Is the addon by any chance changing this for the better? Any other changes regarding a better multiplayer experiences (like... animations :>)

Appreciate any info guys :)

Can someone from the US please help me out with the XCOM DLC? It's much cheaper from the US store front in comparison to the $5.81 being asked for on the AUS store front. I can pay via Paypal. It only has a few more hours to go...

PaulLFC

Not spent much at all this time compared to past sales

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - £1.74
Tropico 4: Pirate Heaven DLC - £0.79
Tropico 4: Megalopolis DLC - £0.79
M.U.D TV - £1.99
SlamIt Pinball: Big Score - £0.99
Legend of Grimrock - £2.99
Civ V: Gods and Kings (GMG) - £5.44

Total: £14.73

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
SSFIVAE 4-Pack

1. Hakkuei
2. M*A*S*H
3. earvcunanan
4. Stop It

I can host but you'll have to pay me in €. It's 5.62€ a pop, which is roughly the same as the US price ($7.30 according to xe).

Gift received this morning. Many thanks for hosting.

Own a loooot of game already but still, picked up:
Jolly Rover MacGuffins Curse Bundle
Legend of Grimrock
7 Wonders 2
Orcs Must Die 2 - Are We There Yeti?
To The Moon
Age of Empires III: Complete Collection
SimCity 4 Deluxe

To the moon is a disappointment so far. 2 hours into it. Gameplay is a bore, dialogue is crap mostly.

7 wonders 2 is freakin great, awesome and spectacular all rolled into one. Had to search& download external patch to make it work with windows 7 though.

Phinor

Goddammit. You always approach Steam sales with few specific games in mind thinking that there might be like 1-2 other games that may catch your attention. A week later you have 15 new games in queue (that was years long anyway) and that number isn't 25 just because you literally run out of money (to spend on games anyway).

Well, at least I got the few games I was hoping to buy in the first place... in addition to that I have two new pre-purchases of games I literally had no intention of playing. Far Cry 3 and Lego LotR.

Say that got me to thinking...what jRPG-like games are on Steam? I got penny arcade 3 off the sale.

Only turn-based or generally Japanese stuff? If it's the former, The Last Remnant and the other 2 Zeboyd games come to mind but 2 Ys games are on Steam as well.

Firebrand

Is the SSF4AE DLC just costumes?

Seems like I save no more than €0,24 from getting the Complete bundle so might start with just the base game.

Say that got me to thinking...what jRPG-like games are on Steam? I got penny arcade 3 off the sale.

Last Remnant, two Ys games, Half Minute hero, Cladun, Beath of Death, Cthulhu Saves the World, and Recettear all spring to ming as Jrpg-esque games that are on Steam.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
ßthePenguin;44797593 said:
Civ 5 Gods & Kings...

The original Civ 5 multiplayer felt SO slow, (it took a ton of time between rounds which really is a killer in an already slow paced, drawn out game).

Is the addon by any chance changing this for the better? Any other changes regarding a better multiplayer experiences (like... animations :>)

Appreciate any info guys :)

I bought Gods & Kings during this sale for $7. So far I've noticed the following changes:

- added religion, seems like a neat feature but not overly game changing
- added espionage, very basic and simple
- added some new units to fill gaps between medieval and modern, they haven't seemed to useful yet
- added various UI tweaks and such, some nice little changes
- changed city state interactions a bit, quests are handled differently, I like it alot better now
- AI seems less spastic and moody, need to play more to really tell

As far as the late game turns taking a long time, I don't think that was improved at all. It still feels kind of long to me. And I'm playing on a beast of an I7 Sandy Bridge, on a standard continent with only 7 other civs.

So in short, I'm glad I only payed $7 for it. It makes some good little changes but nothing major. If I had payed the full $30 for this I'd be upset.

gogogow

It's relatively big, but for €7.50 lol, couldn't pass that up. Glad I waited for the daily sales. Feel bad for the people getting it for €15 during the Flash sales. Now Max Payne 3, that is a big install, 30GB, but having lots of fun right now. Also got Skyrim (bought from Gamefly), just 5GB in size lol. Donwloaded it right away and installed some mods.

spk

It's relatively big, but for €7.50 lol, couldn't pass that up. Now Max Payne 3, that is a big install, 30GB, but having lots of fun right now. Also got Skyrim (bought from Gamefly), just 5GB in size lol. Donwloaded it right away and installed some mods.

I'd have to download that over 2 months lol

Having that bitter feeling when my first paycheck will only be available in around 12 hours, while the deal for Dishonored ends in less than 5 hours.

Life is cruel and dark and full of evil things and hatred.

Kammie

Jumping in for Castle Crashers for 5 bucks. Also got Civ V Gods & Kings though I don't have the time for it, can't pass it up at this price!

Atruvius

Did you play by yourself or in coop? These games are a lot of fun in coop (i usually play them in coop too) but i finished Batman 1 by myself and it was still entertaining enough... wonder how the second one is in that regard.

Mostly by myself and a few levels in coop. Split screen performance was absolutely awful on PS3 especially when your are in Gotham but on PC the framerate will most likely be a lot smoother. Good times even when playing alone.

Torraz

25 bucks. Walking Dead (already finished and was really awesome), Chivalry (already had quite a bit of fun) and Orcs must die 2 (also pretty fun).

ShaneB

I think everyone should just stay out of my way.

Haha, a valid strategy I am sure :p

Also, sales always brings out so many new faces :) I guess that is the whole point of these sales events, to help Steam grow and grow, so when you old timers complain about a sale sucking, just remember that it's always someones first sale :)

I hope you new folks join in the fun in the regular Steam thread, it's full of nice people!
and the occasional weirdo :p

It seems that I managed to get away with just Grimrock and Alan Wake. Phew!

And had it not been for today, I would have survived unscathed...

Not that I am complaining.

I can't wait for this thread to be closed and the new Steam Announcements OT. Don't take it personal guys but it was getting cramped in here with all the non-regulars.

Edit: to be clear, I'm not a fan of pages of people posting their haul. The Steam OT has its own problems like multi-post gifting extravaganzas as well but I never felt it was as bad as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom