• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

simtmb

I'm confused. Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition $7.49, Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Directors Cut $2.49??

I assume i need to buy the $7.49 one to access the Directors cut?

wazoo

I finished the sales by buying 50% discounted Bionic Commando pack. I usually wait for more, but with Capcom, 50% is making them think they offer it for free.

Welp, here's my haul since last Thursday:

• Dead Island "GOTY" - $6.79
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY - $4.99
  • Batman: Arkham City GOTY - $7.49
  • Fallout 3: GOTY - $4.99
  • Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition - $9.99
  • Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition - $8.99
  • Galaxy on Fire 2 -$3.75
  • Who's That Flying - $1.49
  • Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - $9.75
  • Lord of the Rings: War in the North - $3.75
  • Toki Tori - $0.49
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown - $25
  • Castle Crashers - $3.75
  • Awesomenauts - $3.49
  • Zeno Clash - $1
Not too shabby, got everything for under $70 I think. Thanks to Amazon, GMG and Steam. Bring on the Winter sale!

From a quick eyeball, there's no way that's under $70.

You're right.

Martian

I've controlled myself this sale

- Skyrim: Dawnguard 10€
- Skyrim: Hearthfire 2,50€
- Rome: Total War 3€
- Shogun 2 random DLC: 3€

Ledsen

This is what turns me off. Everything I read about Crusader Kings sounds realy interesting but I don't always do so hot with the types of games that used to come with a five pound instruction booklet. I appreciate complexity to a certain extent but my need for instant gratification makes it hard to put up with the time committment required to learn the game.

Oh well, I guess I'll just go run some people over in GTA instead.

Crusader Kings 2 is way less complicated than most Paradox games. You can actually jump in and try to figure things out yoruself, which is impossible in most of their other games.

Are the Lego games any good? Always be intrigued by them, and on GMG there's a bundle with Harry Potter year 1-4/5-7 and Batman 1/2 at 19.99€.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
So I really, really liked Hotline Miami and I plan to play more, as cutting throats and shotgunning faces is immensely satisfying, but I gotta say I'm underwhelmed with the difficulty. Super tiny levels and a save-state safety net is just a bit much - one or the other, yo. Or at least a difficulty option that addresses that, so everyone's happy.

I mean, it's still a ballin' game and I highly recommend it, but yeah.

Dreavus

Hmm, are the indie games going to be on sale until the final day's sales expire? (I.E. Another 32 hours or so?) I still want to mull over a few of them

McNum

Hmm, are the indie games going to be on sale until the final day's sales expire? (I.E. Another 32 hours or so?) I still want to mull over a few of them
Doesn't look like it, all of those I checked say 8:40 to go.

Guess i should get Giana Sisters quick, then.

I love them personally, but i'd suggest trying the demo for at least one of them to make up your mind and see if the formula is for you!

Yes but I feel one is enough. They are pretty much identical so pick your favourite

Thank you guys. So, having you both played at least one of those, I saw on several videos that you can play co-op, are they good and fun in 2?

I'm planning to get those to play with my girlfriend, she likes games but feels "clueless" and just want to watch me play from time to time. So, if anything, I'd love to get her playing something she can enjoy with me.
I was going for the pack because I'm a hoarder of games like almost anyone on GAF :D

Thank you guys. So, having you both played at least on of those, I saw on several videos that you can play co-op, are they good and fun in 2?

I'm planning to get those to play with my girlfriend, she likes games but feels "clueless" and just want to watch me play from time to time. So, if anything, I'd love to get her playing something she can enjoy with me.
I was going for the pack because I'm a hoarder of games like almost anyone on GAF :D

Yeah coop is very fun. Single player can be a real slog unless you are the collector type

Very decent haul this year, cleared most of my Xmas sale list:

Sonic Generations
Mark of the Ninja
Hotline Miami
Deadlight
Spec Ops (Via Gamefly)
Skyrim DLC
To The Moon
Rage
Sleeping Dogs (Via GMG)
SSFIV: AE

All that for £50 or so, madness. Will keep me VERY busy.

Disappointed that Giana Sisters, FTL, Retro Rampage and Rayman Origins wasn't on flash or daily sales but that leaves something for Xmas I guess. I also missed Max Payne 3, gah.

Atruvius

Are the Lego games any good? Always be intrigued by them, and on GMG there's a bundle with Harry Potter year 1-4/5-7 and Batman 1/2 at 19.99€.

I'd recommend Lego Batman 2. I 100%'ed it last summer, it took around 20 hours and every moment was a blast. Batman 2 and the new Lord of the Rings games have an open-world hub from where you go to the different levels and the legos actually talk in those. Earlier Lego games seem to be pretty much the same thing with a different coat of paint.

I'd recommend Lego Batman 2. I 100%'ed it last summer, it took around 20 hours and every moment was a blast. Batman 2 and the new Lord of the Rings games have an open-world hub from where you go to the different levels and the legos actually talk in those. Earlier Lego games seem to be pretty much the same thing with a different coat of paint.

Did you play by yourself or in coop? These games are a lot of fun in coop (i usually play them in coop too) but i finished Batman 1 by myself and it was still entertaining enough... wonder how the second one is in that regard.

Alphalpha

Neo Member
Anyone know if the street fighter dlc works across different regions or not?

Asking because i'll be happy to be part of a 4-pack (more than likely US hosted) but will prob end up buying the dlc in my own region store (Aus)

Dreavus

Castle Crashers four-pack (gonna strong arm some buddies into it)
Fairy bloom Freesia
Chantelise
Fortune Summoners
Critter Crunch
Orcs Must Die 2

Just finished Recettear so I'm kind of on a Carpe Fulgur kick right now. Played through demos of their other two published games and ended up going for it. I probably should have waited until winter for Fortune Summoners, but I plan on playing through it this week, so to hell with waiting. That demo really got me, haha.

I was so very temped by street fighter but it didn't sound like I had friends who were super interested so I passed for now. Flash deals make it hard to plan stuff like that out. Maybe it'll be on again for the winter sale.

Well I don't know what the fuck.

I was playing LOTR: War in the North and during a boss-fight suddenly I can no longer control my character using my 360 pad. Turns out control has been handed over to the keyboard. Worse still, it's like a piece of tape is holding down the "d" key so my hero is constantly running in one direction. It's not the keyboard or else I'd have had a hell of a time typing out this post.

Tried restarting and nope, didn't work.

Feeling more than a little pissed off right now. I heard the game was buggy but I figured somebody got around to patching the sumbitch.

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like it's not just LOTR. What the fuck.

EDIT x2: Restarted Steam and everything is fine now. What the fuckkkkkkkk.

I'd like to get in on a Street Fighter 4-pack, but I can't Paypal until I get home this evening. :/

Anyone prepared to help me out on this one? You can trust me, I'm British.

Nymerio

So, this, went better than I expected:

Critter Crunch
Intrusion 2
English Country Tune
Cargo Commander
GalCiv 2
Orcs Must Die 2
and traded for Castle Crashers and Legend of Grimrock

Overall damage: €19,66

Forkball

Got Street Fighter, I was hoping Capcom would put it on sale again. Not sure why they are so stingy with Steam sales though. I would love it if MVC3 came to the PC but I guess that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Blablurn

Could a nice american member help me buying the Alan Wake Franchise and The Witcher 2? I can PayPal in advance! The US versions are cheaper than the German once again.

Anyone able to recommend some cheap but also good RPGs? or something that has decent SP.

If I hadn't have finished dead souls before id be all over it and Im kind of sat here scrolling for something to buy. Im not sure on Grimlock that will take some convincing.

Blablurn

posted for the new page:

Could a nice american member help me buying the Alan Wake Franchise and The Witcher 2? I can PayPal in advance! The US versions are cheaper than the German once again.

Echoplx

Playing To The Moon on a 2560x1440 screen is not very pleasant ;_;

EDIT:: NVM changed the scaling option on my monitor from 1:1 to aspect, so now I can actually see and just have to deal with black bars >.>

Anyone able to recommend some cheap but also good RPGs? or somethign thay has decent SP.

If I hadnt have finished dead souls before id be all over it and Im kind of sat her scrolling for something to buy. Im not sure on Grimlock that will take some convincing.

The Witcher 2 if you have not played it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom