• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingbrave

Got all of these...

Bastion
Critter Crunch
Gta 4 complete
Hero Academy
Legend of Grimrock
Nation Red
Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific
Spec Ops The Line

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I didn't buy anything! Yay me.

I'll definitely pick up Witcher 2, Torchlight II and more stuff during the Christmas sale, though.

I can't wait for this thread to be closed and the new Steam Announcements OT. Don't take it personal guys but it was getting cramped in here with all the non-regulars.

lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
LttP.

Don't forget to buy Bastion, guys. Please do it.

metalshade

I can't wait for this thread to be closed and the new Steam Announcements OT. Don't take it personal guys but it was getting cramped in here with all the non-regulars.

Seems like I am not wanted here, simply because I don't have enough time to post in every thread that I read.
Such a shame, I thought Steam Gaf was top tier Gaf.
Seems like Steam sales are for the every-man too, you know.
Or would you prefer Gaben to personally invite you?
But never-mind, I didn't take your comment personally!

ShaneB

Glass Rebel's post goes directly against what I posted :( I like all you new folks.

edit: after his clarification I agree a bit :) post after post of what people bought is best suited for its own thread. lol

Seems like I am not wanted here, simply because I don't have enough time to post in every thread that I read.
Such a shame, I thought Steam Gaf was top tier Gaf.
Seems like Steam sales are for the every-man too, you know.
Or would you prefer Gaben to personally invite you?
But never-mind, I didn't take your comment personally!

I clarified it later. Sorry for making it sound that I don't welcome any newcomers to the thread.

metalshade

I clarified it later. Sorry for making it sound that I don't welcome any newcomers to the thread.

Yeah I saw your clarification after I posted.
I do agree to some extent, just the wording in the first post lead me to wonder why you felt it necessary to post such a thing in the first place.
Honestly, I did not think that you could post about game issues/crashes/pc problems in the normal Steam thread.
So if I get stuck on a game that wont boot properly or something, I can post in Steam?
That's pretty cool.

I do agree to some extent, just the wording in the first post lead me to wonder why you felt it necessary to post such a thing in the first place.
Honestly, I did not think that you could post about game issues/crashes/pc problems in the normal Steam thread.
So if I get stuck on a game that wont boot properly or something, I can post in Steam?
That's pretty cool.

Absolutely, every time I asked about technical issues I encountered in a game (like the aspect ratio in Max Payne 2) I got several responses with links to patches or fixes.

I'm just waxing philosophical about Glass Rebel's utopia.

uh-huh

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Probably going to buy Torchlight 2... if anyone could answer me these questions before I make the purchase, I'd appreciate it:

- New game plus? How much harder does it get?
- Are the classes actually fun?
- How much loot is there? D2, D3?
- How hard is the game from start?
- How long is it the first time through?
- Who made the music? Is it the D2-dude?
- Are the affixes on gear actually fun/experimental?

Thanks.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's pretty cool.

Generally speaking, PC gaming chatter is acceptable in the general Steam thread simply because it's by far the most active PC gaming-related thread, much like how the "I need a new PC!" thread doubles as the "I have a problem with my PC!" thread.

Probably going to buy Torchlight 2... if anyone could answer me these questions before I make the purchase, I'd appreciate it:

Thanks.

I can answer this one! Yes, Matt Uelmen composed the soundtrack.

metalshade

Generally speaking, PC gaming chatter is tolerated in the general Steam thread simply because it's by far the most active PC gaming-related thread, much like how the "I need a new PC!" thread doubles as the "I have a problem with my PC!" thread.

Actually the "I need a new PC" guys helped me learn how to build my own rig and they are really good for hardware stuff.
But I never knew where to post for my software troubles, I mostly just bumbled about on google. Seriously, in google-fu, I dont have a black belt, I'm not even allowed in the dojo.
The steam thread guys are gonna get sick of seeing my avatar lol.

SteveWD40

Pretty hard, you get one-shot really easily, act 3 can be nasty

Very much so, Zerker is my fave but they all shine

Hard to compare, but loads and it's great

Eases you in a little, Act 3 on any difficulty can be scary

I have 32 hours played and I completed it once and did some Mapworks and some alts, so maybe 20 hours if you do all the quests?

I thought it was D1, but yes, that guy, it's amazing.

IMHO yes, nothing that changes you into stuff but there are some that make you godly, the flavour text is nice on the better gear.

Thanks.

Fact is, it's dirt cheap right now and anyone should get it at that price, it's better than D3 imho.

vulva

So, I have SSF4AE from GFWL. Is there any way I can download the DLC costumes on Steam and use it with that copy? Is there any way to get my copy working on Steam? I'm sorry if these questions are dumb, but with the costume packs so cheap I wouldn't mind dropping 4 bucks on all the alts.

So, I have SSF4AE from GFWL. Is there any way I can download the DLC costumes on Steam and use it with that copy? Is there any way to get my copy working on Steam? I'm sorry if these questions are dumb, but with the costume packs so cheap I wouldn't mind dropping 4 bucks on all the alts.

Nope, you need to own the game on your Steam account to buy the DLC.

Platy

Got 3 boletos ..... payed all 3 at the same time.

Only got the confirmation of SSF4AEComplete ... no sign of tony hawk and the indie package

gtdiZ.png

(9.8298 Dollars total)

strange

Will wait one more day before I ask for help

Yoshichan

Fact is, it's dirt cheap right now and anyone should get it at that price, it's better than D3 imho.
Aaaaand that's enough for me to make the purchase. Thanks man!

Kinyou

So I think I'll actually sit out Deponia. It would just be too much and it will probably be on sale again in the winter anyway.

So what I actually picked up:

Basement Collection
Binding of Isaac
Mirror's Edge
Puzzle Agent
To The Moon
Witcher 1 Enhanced Edition
Zeno Clash

Not a bad deal for ca. 15,70€

JulianImp

Since, today's the last day of sales, I've purchased all the stuff I wanted to get before but didn't in case they became flash sales or dailies. Since I have no credit card to purchase games with, I bought them all via a friend of mine.

Games:
Dustforce $4.99
English Country Tune $1.24
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams $8.99
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet $7.49
inMomentum $2.49
Total: $25.20

I might also buy the Trine 2 DLC and Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition if I get the chance.

ArjanN

Huh, Ride To Hell Retribution (that Deep Silver game) in the steam registry, I thought everyone assumed that was cancelled.

ridetohell.jpg

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Edit: to be clear, I'm not a fan of pages of people posting their haul. The Steam OT has its own problems like multi-post gifting extravaganzas as well but I never felt it was as bad as this.
But man, look at what I've got. C'mon, look at it!!!

WHY AREN'T YOU LOOKING AT IT?

Atruvius

Huh, Ride To Hell Retribution (that Deep Silver game) in the steam registry, I thought everyone assumed that was cancelled.

ridetohell.jpg

Whoa. I was wondering, like two years ago where this game had gone. I wonder if it's still a sand box game. I thought this was being made by some former Rockstar guys.

Celegus

My fortitude is getting better! There were a ton of cheap games at a good price that I would most certainly enjoy, but I really don't like giant backlogs. Just stresses me out. I ended up with Walking Dead and Torchlight 2 for $20 total, and that'll keep me busy for a long time to come I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom