• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

So if I want to but something from the Indie sale going on like a two pack krator (dungeon crawl game) for ten bucks should I wait or safe to buy now?

Holding off on X-Com. It's tough, but I want to see it 50% off or better before I pull the trigger on that one.

As for some of the others, can anyone tell me whether these are the best I'll see?

SoaSE: Rebellion - 50% off ($20)
L4D2 - 50% off ($10)
Orcs Must Die 2 - 50% off ($7.50)

Might want to pull the trigger on one or two of those, but I'm in no rush. If you all believe they'll be cheaper during Winter Sale, then I'm gonna hoard my $.

HoosTrax

Holding off on X-Com. It's tough, but I want to see it 50% off or better before I pull the trigger on that one.

As for some of the others, can anyone tell me whether these are the best I'll see?

SoaSE: Rebellion - 50% off ($20)
L4D2 - 50% off ($10)
Orcs Must Die 2 - 50% off ($7.50)

Might want to pull the trigger on one or two of those, but I'm in no rush. If you all believe they'll be cheaper during Winter Sale, then I'm gonna hoard my $.
Nooo, no pulling trigger on non-new release games that aren't 75% off. L4D2 has been cheaper than that many times in the past.

CRS

I finally inched ahead of Joe, though he will undoubtedly pass me again soon. 2,240 with a 1 year badge and currently more interested in iOS gaming, feelsbadman.jpg
2240 games?! That is ridiculous.

I was just talking about how many games I got/how much was spent during the Summer sale. Even though I've had my account for 3 or so years, I only have 330ish games since I just built my first gaming rig this year. Most of, if not all of them, were in this year's Summer Sale. One day I'll be on your guys' level. One day.

Considering Darksiders 2 at $16.99.... Somebody sell me on it?

Its a steam sale and you were interested enough to ask about it.

Don't fight, you have already bought it.

How good it is doesn't really come into it because chances are you will never play it. If you do? Well it is pretty long...and somewhat boring but there is more than enough there that you can probably find something to really like.

maty

I have a few coupons for Alan Wake, Rochard and Legend of Grimrock

Quote to reveal

-50% Alan wake CE
-50% Alan wake CE
-50% Alan wake CE
-50% Alan wake AN
-50% Alan wake AN
-75% Rochard
-75% Rochard

For the 2X legend of Grimrock coupons send me a pm with your steam ID since I have them in my inventory

Hopefully all coupons still work and please post which one you took

EDIT: 1 LoG coupon gone

Gibbo

that its bad timing for those who wanted money to pre-order FC3

mods feel free to change it if its too confusing, just making a silly joke

oh makes sense. will still be pre ordering far cry 3. honestly speaking tho, being a veteran of one steam sale (the last summer one) , im not too excited about this round of sales. already bought the old games that i wanted back then. also greenman gaming has been giving sweet deals on the newer games in recent weeks

*still deposits $30 in steam wallet*

lexi

Banned
Its a steam sale and you were interested enough to ask about it.

Don't fight, you have already bought it.

How good it is doesn't really come into it because chances are you will never play it. If you do? Well it is pretty long...and somewhat boring but there is more than enough there that you can probably find something to really like.

I'm staring into the abyss. The abyss, it is staring back.

1-D_FTW

I'm staring into the abyss. The abyss, it is staring back.

I absolutely loved DSII. Derrick01 would tell you it's the biggest piece of shit of the year. But he's banned. So I say go for it. Assuming you plan on playing it. Because it'll likely be cheaper during the winter sale.

Winter sales are usually better right? Will we see the same games on sale now for even less?

But I was browsing through Steam and almost everything is on sale. Some are great but I wish some were even cheaper.

Can't choose. *cry*

Considering Darksiders 2 at $16.99.... Somebody sell me on it?
I have the 1st one and it is a terrible PC port. Tearing was so annoying and I only played like an hour or so because of it. Reminded me sort of god of war meets Zelda. Skipped the 2nd one because of bad experience of the 1st.

I absolutely loved DSII. Derrick01 would tell you it's the biggest piece of shit of the year. But he's banned. So I say go for it. Assuming you plan on playing it. Because it'll likely be cheaper during the winter sale.

I think it is the type of game where you will either love it, or like me you will be playing it and somewhat enjoying it, but starting to think of other games about half way through.

Onemic

So Im guessing that I can get DMC4 without having to wait for the final day of the sale because it most likely wont go on sale?(Along with other capcom games)

Miker

So Im guessing that I can get DMC4 without having to wait for the final day of the sale because it most likely wont go on sale?(Along with other capcom games)

I would wait. Stranger things have happened. And Capcom games *do* come up for daily sales, but they're just not heavily discounted. I do think at least some of their games (RE5, Dead Rising) will go on sale.

Miker

AOEIII is saddled with GFWL I assume?

I actually don't think it is. I think it came out in that weird era where MS was still kinda-sorta publishing PC games. A time before GFWL existed. A better time, really.

Seriously, fuck Capcom, I have waited so many sales to buy Lost Planet 2, they havent discounted it AT ALL, WTF.

:(

Somebody else who wants to play Lost Planet 2? *Brofist*

If it goes on sale (for a price that I want to buy it for), we should play.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
GAF, here's what I'm thinking of buying. What's your opinion?

- AudioSurf: $2.49 (75%, from $9.99)
- Q.U.B.E.: $3.74 (75%, from $14.99)
- VVVVV: $2.49 (50%, from $4.99)

Even though VVVVV is only 50% off instead of 75%, I don't think it'll be lower than that, right? Will I be breaking rule #1 if I proceed?

Def Jukie

GAF, here's what I'm thinking of buying. What's your opinion?

- AudioSurf: $2.49 (75%, from $9.99)
- Q.U.B.E.: $3.74 (75%, from $14.99)
- VVVVV: $2.49 (50%, from $4.99)

Even though VVVVV is only 50% off instead of 75%, I don't think it'll be lower than that, right? Will I be breaking rule #1 if I proceed?

There is only one rule. Don't break it.

Hanzou

Is Magic : Planeswalkers 2012 or 2013 the version to get or does it not matter? This is something I will probably just play solo and right now you can get 2012 with the expansion and a few card packs for the same price as base 2013. Is 2013 a better version?

1-D_FTW

I think it is the type of game where you will either love it, or like me you will be playing it and somewhat enjoying it, but starting to think of other games about half way through.

Can't help you with that. I loved it and didn't want to play anything else. Others in the Steam thread thought it's one of the best games of the year. A bunch of others thought it was incredibly boring and one of the year's worst. I don't think it's really a polarizing game in nature. Certainly nothing radical about it. It's just some people get hooked by it and some don't.

Any reasonable chance of seeing Sonic adventure 2 on sale, or is it too new?

It won't be on sale, check this out:

Starting today, and through November 27th, all SEGA games on Steam are 50% off! (Exclusions: Sonic Adventure 2, Football Manager 2013, and The Ototmo Clan DLC for Total War: Shogun 2.)

In addition, we are also featuring some daily deals with even bigger discounts! These deals run for 24 hours only, so get them while they’re hot!

http://blogs.sega.com/2012/11/21/thanksgiving-weekend-sale-on-steam-save-50-or-more/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom