• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibylus

Banned
How is age of empire 3 ? is it goood ?
It's very good, albeit different in a myriad of ways from AoE 2. May or may not drive you nuts if you're really nostalgic for that.

HAs Age of Empires III aged well? Not sure I should buy.
The units are low-poly and don't have lip sync in cutscenes and the like, but overall the game still holds together well. Dat lighting and water.

age-of-empires-online.jpg

Sajjaja

That game has picked my interest. What's it like? Reviews haven't been too favorable.

It tries to be Deus Ex and it fails. But that doesn't mean it's a bad game. It has a nice atmosphere, the gun play is cool, and so are some of the skills, but it's scattered, and lacks direction. Not to mention that there are endless respawns for enemies, giving you a feeling of lack of progression.

When I first played it around release, it was buggy. My story line got glitched and I couldn't progress further. If you get it for cheap (sub $7ish), sure, but otherwise it's a pass.

EDIT: Also the storyline(if there was one?) is garbage. Which again ties into the lack of direction.

mrgone

I just killed like 200 armed men while riding on the back of a gigantic goddamned wolf, then got punched to death by a flying troop transport with arms. Intrusion 2 is fucking awesome!

kswiston

If an indie game is 75%+ off already, it won't go any lower/be featured in a daily deal. The "wait for the daily deals" rule doesn't really apply to those. I have participated in every Steam sale since Winter 08, and I don't recall that ever happening. I guess it isn't impossible, but the chances of it happening are very very low.

Typically, games that will be featured as daily deals have discounts of 20-50% during the rest of the sale. Never buy any of those until the last day.

Speevy

Banned
If you like puzzle games, Critter Crunch is a fun one.

If you don't like puzzle games, I don't Critter Crunch will change your mind.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
My picks so far:

Intrusion 2 ($3.39)
Indie Game the Movie ($2.50)
Zeno Clash ($1)

Considering Darksiders 2 at $16.99.... Somebody sell me on it?
I strongly though about it, but passed due to possibility of a GOTY version with all the DLC later and repetitive boring dungeons.

I'm only buying it for the combat if I do get it, so I can wait for a $12.50 GOTY sale

Raxus

I strongly though about it, but passed due to possibility of a GOTY version with all the DLC later and repetitive boring dungeons.

I'm only buying it for the combat if I do get it, so I can wait for a $12.50 GOTY sale

Um, do you think THQ will last long enough to make a gold edition?

Dinosur

Since what I assumed my GOTY would be ended up being pretty much shit (AC3), Darksiders 2 surprisingly is going to end up in my top 3.

Calcaneus

Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition for $12 sounds good.

I never played the first one though, so how important is it to play through that one? Are the stories connected?

Raxus

I never played the first one though, so how important is it to play through that one? Are the stories connected?

Dpn't quote me on this but I am fairly sure there is a short movie that fills you in the plot so far in the Witcher.

Yo, PM me when Torchlight 2 and Witcher 2 goes on a featured sale.

KarmaCow

How big is the actual download for Witcher 2? The store page says the game is 16GB but it also got some hefty patches since it launched.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

You can load a Witcher 1 save. There is some NPC dialogue and NPCs that exist or don't depending on the choices you made during the game. Secondly, your starting equipment will change depending on the save.

ShaneB

dammit, the paypal window just doesnt want to work. Can someone help me out and pick up Kotor 2 for me and I'll buy you something for 2.50 when things are working.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
This is the first time...I just haven't cared about a Steam Sale. What's wrong with me?

Well, there'll be a better sale next month, indie bundles mean that 90% of the "hidden gems" you'd find here, you already bought for even cheaper, non-Steam Steamworks sales take care of a lot of the big retail games, and you probably already have a 3-digit backlog. So, it's pretty logical.

Platy

I know the WAIT FOR DAILY DEALS ... but ...

Offspring Fling and Audiosurf both are at 75% ....

There was any game that got a bigger discount than 75% on a steam sale daily/flash deal ?

Ok folks, gonna do a special little GAF-only Critter Crunch thing...

We put Critter Crunch on sale for only $1.75, and for the next little while anyone who posts about grabbing it in this thread (or PM'ing me about it) will get a second code for the game in their inbox.

TL;DR - buy a copy at $1.75, post about it or PM me, and get another copy of the game just for being a rad GAF-er.

This is probably over by now (darn work), but I will still quote this because I bought it and people say it is a great game!!

Well, there'll be a better sale next month, indie bundles mean that 90% of the "hidden gems" you'd find here, you already bought for even cheaper, non-Steam Steamworks sales take care of a lot of the big retail games, and you probably already have a 3-digit backlog. So, it's pretty logical.

Plus for a lot of countries you have to go through a big hassle to get most of the newer games these days due to pricing.

But I'm still holding out for Endless Space.

ClueLess

Neo Member
I know the WAIT FOR DAILY DEALS ... but ...

Offspring Fling and Audiosurf both are at 75% ....

There was any game that got a bigger discount than 75% on a steam sale daily/flash deal ?

If it's 75% off then its safe to assume that the game won't get any bigger discounts from there. I've never seen discounts bigger than that during any of the steam sales.

bladeshimmer

Neo Member
Ok folks, gonna do a special little GAF-only Critter Crunch thing...

We put Critter Crunch on sale for only $1.75, and for the next little while anyone who posts about grabbing it in this thread (or PM'ing me about it) will get a second code for the game in their inbox.

TL;DR - buy a copy at $1.75, post about it or PM me, and get another copy of the game just for being a rad GAF-er.

This is probably over by now (darn work), but I will still quote this because I bought it and people say it is a great game!!

Ditto for me. Already have it for PS3 but it's so worth the double-dip.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
The Nightshift Code is on sale for $2.79 from $6.99

http://store.steampowered.com/app/37320/

It's a hidden object game and I doubt anyone but me cares but I've been watching this game and its sequel for a long time now and they've never been on sale. The sequel still isn't on sale. For the past two Summer sales they weren't on sale and I'm pretty sure they weren't on sale during the last Winter sale. And I've never seen them appear as Daily Deals or anything else like that.

Bought. Thanks for the heads up!

cicero

ClueLess

Neo Member
Huh. Well I guess it's better to be safe than sorry then. Though honestly I've never seen a non-daily marked at 75% off get bigger discounts than that later on

KingKong

Im enjoying Kotor but the widescreen patch didnt work :(

Also the game looks really ugly considering it came out in 2003 but I guess it was made for old consoles

leroidys

Age of Empires III is the best strategy game not named Age of Empires II. It has two awesome expansions, the second of which made by the developers of Rise of Nations.

It has a really diverse and well realized set of civilizations:

-Spanish
-British
-French
-Portuguese
-Dutch
-Russians
-Germans
-Ottomans
-Iroquois
-Sioux
-Aztecs
-Chinese
-Indians
-Japanese

who all play quite differently and have a plethora of unique abilities and units.

If you like RTSs, BUY IT NAO GAF.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Age of Empires III is the best strategy game not named Age of Empires II. It has two awesome expansions, the second of which made by the developers of Rise of Nations.

It has a really diverse and well realized set of civilizations:

who all play quite differently and have a plethora of unique abilities and units.

If you like RTSs, BUY IT NAO GAF.

Great timing since I wanted to ask a question about AoE. What does the "Complete Collection" come with?

In the mood for a RTS, and this seems to fit the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom