• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my head I read this as Steam judging me for my large game count:

1dY2i.jpg

cackhyena

Got Kotor 2. Been years since I've played this game. Also got the restored content mod. Are there any good graphics mods out there as well anyone knows of?

neoemonk

I played Kotor 2 about a year ago. It was also a pain with the widescreen mod, let alone any other graphics mods. Worth it though.

Speevy

Banned
It's something to do with either the fact that I'm using Windows 7, or that I'm using Intel HD 3000.

I tried changing to various compatibility modes, altering the .ini files, nothing works.

And yes, I tried a fresh install.

It just gives me that "This game has caused a problem." error or whatever.

It's a shame because I loved KOTOR and I never played its sequel.

cackhyena

It's something to do with either the fact that I'm using Windows 7, or that I'm using Intel HD 3000.

I tried changing to various compatibility modes, altering the .ini files, nothing works.

And yes, I tried a fresh install.

It just gives me that "This game has caused a problem." error or whatever.

It's a shame because I loved KOTOR and I never played its sequel.

In ways it's better than the first. Sucks about the problem you're having. I'm figuring it must the be the card. I'm using Windows 7 and no hiccups at all.

KPJZKC

I haven't been able to download anything on Steam for like 12 hours, this is incredibly fucking annoying. Endless download suspended/download timed out messages.

Blizzard

Banned
I haven't been able to download anything on Steam for like 12 hours, this is incredibly fucking annoying. Endless download suspended/download timed out messages.
This is probably a stupid question, but have you tried 2 or 3 different download regions?

Scirrocco

Guess i'll finally be buying Jet set radio for steam Their price matching amazon, and its 5 bucks. Thinking about xcom, but i don't know. The original is on sale for 2.50. Think it would be a good idea to buy that and see if i like it, and then wait for a christmas sale for EU?

Quantum Conundrum is 40% off. Think its worth it? How about the DLCs? I'm already pushing about $70, which is about as much as i want o spend.

Walking Dead is all five chapters, right?

Yes.

mandiller

Hmm, I'll wait for the compilation then. I don't know anything about this game but I love the show. I'll wait for the full version to hit next month.

It is the full version...It's the whole game, all 5 episodes. And it is an absolute steal to get the GOTY for that price.

Salsa

Hmm, I'll wait for the compilation then. I don't know anything about this game but I love the show. I'll wait for the full version to hit next month.

we are kidding bra, it contains all the episodes released. 1 through 5.

I was being funny because its like the tenth time we got that question in this thread

Firehead

Hrm...

Age of Empires III, The Walking Dead or wait for a sale with RCT3 (Been waiting for this to go one sale for a decent price all year).

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Any more hidden deals?

You can check @SteamyDeals on Twitter for a lot of deals. It's definitely not all of them because I don't see Arma II. Not sure what else is missing but it has several of them.

Or just check http://www.steamgamesales.com/ . They list deals by time, so you can check if there were hidden deals when the prices changed or between price changes.

You know, like Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition everything, that got discounted 1 hour ago for no reason.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Pretty sure I gave JaseC a run for his money during the summer sale. Come to think of it, I think I beat him.

I think it was JaseC.

You conceded, actually. :p

I still can't believe you bought more stuff.

I'm kinda glad with myself that I didn't go over $600 dollars. At the rate I was going earlier during the sale, it looked like I was going to easily beat it. I'm interested to see how much I'll spend during next year's Summer Sale.

I don't plan on buying much during this sale, though -- at this juncture, just the Star Wars Collection, Capcom's Dailies/Flashes, and the occasional indie. It's taking every ounce of restraint I have, but with the Christmas/Winter Sale around the corner, I'd rather wait for it and then go nuts.

Edit: I hope next year's Summer Sale also begins late July. The timing was perfect this year as I received my tax return in time for the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom