• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Great timing since I wanted to ask a question about AoE. What does the "Complete Collection" come with?

In the mood for a RTS, and this seems to fit the bill.

The Complete Collection comes with the base game and the two expansions, The Warchiefs and The Asian Dynasties.

I'm assuming you'll want to play with all of the civilizations, maps, campaigns, etc. from vanilla + expacks together, so just remember to select the Asian Dynasties radio button when you start the game.

oipic

Can't help but LOVE these sale threads, great reading... and the enthusiasm is infectious, damn it.

Will be buying Critter Crunch the very second I get home. Infectious. Damn it.

Just over five minutes until the next few flash sales appear, folks.

The Complete Collection comes with the base game and the two expansions, The Warchiefs and The Asian Dynasties.

I'm assuming you'll want to play with all of the civilizations, maps, campaigns, etc. from vanilla + expacks together, so just remember to select the Asian Dynasties radio button when you start the game.

Damn so tempting. I have Rome: Total War and C&C3: Red Alert still staring at me though, and Starcraft II is high on my Xmas wish list.

New deals about to go up.

Anybody else not having their vote register? It just seems to reject it over and over. WHERE IS MY BADGE FOR VOTING!!!!

Sigh, memories.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It tries to be Deus Ex and it fails. But that doesn't mean it's a bad game. It has a nice atmosphere, the gun play is cool, and so are some of the skills, but it's scattered, and lacks direction. Not to mention that there are endless respawns for enemies, giving you a feeling of lack of progression.

When I first played it around release, it was buggy. My story line got glitched and I couldn't progress further. If you get it for cheap (sub $7ish), sure, but otherwise it's a pass.

EDIT: Also the storyline(if there was one?) is garbage. Which again ties into the lack of direction.
Well, I haven't played any Deus Ex yet, but will grab them when they're 75% off (except Human Revolution, I have it thanks to YianGaruga, but want to play the older ones first). So I'll pass for now, but will consider it later.

Piano

Banned
Top 3 games on my wishlist are already on sale:
Primal Carnage
Chivalry
Hotline Miami

Just gotta wait to see them go further for daily / flash deals. HYPE.

Nabs

The Chivalry 4-pack is now 33% off @ $50 ($12.5ea). I hope it gets a daily/flash, but I'm picking it up either way.

Blizzard

Banned
Was gonna do the same, but it looks to be $100. Isn't that the normal price?
You're right. I just double-checked my account history to be sure, and yes I paid only $50, but it looks like everything updated within the last 5 minutes or so to put it back at $100. Was it a flash deal or something? Or more likely a Valve mistake in some sort of blanket deal.

You're right. I just double-checked my account history to be sure, and yes I paid only $50, but it looks like everything updated within the last 5 minutes or so to put it back at $100. Was it a flash deal or something? Or more likely a Valve mistake in some sort of blanket deal.

In the preview that comes up when you start typing in the search bar it still shows $50, but still $100 when I add to cart. Oh well, not like I'm anywhere close to using it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
It comes with the base game and both expansions.

Thank you guys!

header_292x136.jpg

One Hour left!! Quote to get in

Age of Empires III CE is an amazing deal!

Want to wait for a Civ V sale. So many DLCs in that game. :( How is it compared to Civ IV? Is it a superior sequel?

Also, Gianna Sisters Twisted Dream is probably the most beautiful 2.5D side-scroller I've seen! :O What's prettier, GSTD or Rayman Legends? Both are great.

Hoping FTL goes on sale. Dear Esther at $2.49 is tempting as well.

Edit: Shit, just saw The Witcher 2 is 60% off at $11.99. Think I'll bite on that.

HoosTrax

So people are enjoying Planetside huh? Higher current player count for that today than BLOPS2 haha. Is it pretty much a sci-fi version of Battlefield? I should just download it, but 15GB...

LogicStep

Well I'm looking at my screen and I'm trying to decide what to get. Can I get some recommendations? So far The Walking Dead is in my cart. I was reading the thread and was interested in trying KOTOR but I guess those were flash deals since I don't see them anymore. I'm really interested in a couple of games like Arkham City and Mark of the Ninja, but I'll follow the ## rule. I had Darksiders 2 on ps3 and I was completely bored out of my mind so I'll be skipping that one. I'll get it again when it's at $5.

Nabs

Well I'm looking at my screen and I'm trying to decide what to get. Can I get some recommendations? So far The Walking Dead is in my cart. I was reading the thread and was interested in trying KOTOR but I guess those were flash deals since I don't see them anymore. I'm really interested in a couple of games like Arkham City and Mark of the Ninja, but I'll follow the ## rule. I had Darksiders 2 on ps3 and I was completely bored out of my mind so I'll be skipping that one. I'll get it again when it's at $5.

Amazon has The Walking Dead for the same price (Steam key) you also get a $5 coupon for their January promotion.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Now I understand how Steam rapes your wallet. After buying Kotor 2, Operation Flashpoint, and Walking Dead over an hour ago, just purchased Dear Esther and AoE. My poor wallet :(.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_8_4__12&term=star+wars

I purchased The Witcher Enhanced Edition Director's Cut for $2.50, which seems like quite the steal! Have never played the series before but I have always wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom