• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey so what are some great point and click games on steam? New or old it doesn't matter, but what does matter is that please don't recommend something with dumb puzzles that doesn't make sense. Ex: The Longest Journey.

I have gemini rue, the longest journey, and indiana jones fate of atlantis. If you feel you might be naming something obvious, just go ahead and name it cause I probably played it in the past and might want to replay it anyway.

Deques

Hey so what are some great point and click games on steam? New or old it doesn't matter, but what does matter is that please don't recommend something with dumb puzzles that doesn't make sense. Ex: The Longest Journey.

I have gemini rue, the longest journey, and indiana jones fate of atlantis. If you feel you might be naming something obvious, just go ahead and name it cause I probably played it in the past and might want to replay it anyway.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6183/

If you want something a bit more arcadey, and slightly less challenging check out Puzzle Dimension.

I heard LA Noire might be going for $5 this week, anyone know if there's any truth to that? I'm outside the US so struggling to follow all the deals.

LA Noire has been 5 dollars several times already this year. Will probably be at that price somewhere this week.

Tizoc

It's Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai Collection. Not the entire Shogun 2 :(

here is the one for Shogun 2
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/17094/
for some reason it doesn't include all DLCs

Oh my bad, os Shogun 2 and Shogun 2 Samurai are 2 seperate titles? Will hopefully both will get a bigger discount, wouldn't mind getting them together for $20 =p

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44605906&postcount=390
^Lists all PnC games on sale atm.

Blizzard

Banned

Did you like Fate of Atlantis? I may just be nostalgic, but it was one of my favorites, and I think there are three others by LucasArts in a pack on Steam (Loom, another Indie game, and one I forget).

I think Machinarium is supposed to be good if you like the robot style -- I don't know if the puzzles make sense though. Monkey Island games are classic and more humor-focused, but I don't know enough to tell you exactly which are the best. I wouldn't be surprised if they did have some silly/funny puzzles that might make super logical sense.

Alternativa looks interesting, scifi/cyberpunk. I just added it to my wishlist. Superbrothers: Swords and Sworcery EP is a very pretty and unique game. I don't think there is a lot of depth or puzzles, so it MAY be more of a walkthrough/experience thing, but it's very atmospheric.

The Broken Sword collection is $2 for 3 games, 80% off, so I'd say definitely grab that: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6447/

Cool, I always held off of these two, because I thought I heard people didn't like them removing some things from the original or something? But I guess not, thanks!

This doesn't really help me at all honestly. I know there are PnC games are sale lol. I'm asking for ones that fit in what I asked for.
Did you like Fate of Atlantis? I may just be nostalgic, but it was one of my favorites, and I think there are three others by LucasArts in a pack on Steam (Loom, another Indie game, and one I forget).

I think Machinarium is supposed to be good if you like the robot style -- I don't know if the puzzles make sense though. Monkey Island games are classic, but I don't know enough to tell you exactly which are the best.

Alternativa looks interesting, scifi/cyberpunk. I just added it to my wishlist. Superbrothers: Swords and Sworcery EP is a very pretty and unique game. I don't think there is a lot of depth or puzzles, so it MAY be more of a walkthrough/experience thing, but it's very atmospheric.

The Broken Sword collection is $2 for 3 games, 80% off, so I'd say definitely grab that: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6447/

I actually just bought Fate of Atlantis a few mins ago. It was just an impulse thing, but I just don't want to run into situations like I did Longest Journey where I feel like I need a guide. Some of the ones you named seem interesting, guess I'll read more about them.

Blizzard

Banned
I actually just bought Fate of Atlantis a few mins ago. It was just an impulse thing, but I just don't want to run into situations like I did Longest Journey where I feel like I need a guide.
I hope you didn't buy it by itself without the pack, since I feel like the pack goes on sale every so often (maybe during the Christmas sale), and I think all of the games are supposed to be well respected. The rest of the games I mentioned should also be fairly popular or well-regarded choices.

I think I DID use guides on Fate of Atlantis, so I hope you don't hate it. Later on the game offers a branching path, where you can focus more on puzzles, combat, or something else (mix between the two?).

I hope you didn't buy it by itself without the pack, since I feel like the pack goes on sale every so often (maybe during the Christmas sale), and I think all of the games are supposed to be well respected. The rest of the games I mentioned should also be fairly popular or well-regarded choices.

I think I DID use guides on Fate of Atlantis, so I hope you don't hate it. Later on the game offers a branching path, where you can focus more on puzzles, combat, or something else (mix between the two?).

nah, sorry I actually bought the bundle. Didn't realize it, it's late lol. Hmm, branching path sounds interesting. I probably wouldn't hate it so long as I feel like I'm making progress. Thanks

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Rage 75% and Dead island 66% Train simulator 2013 66%

Dreavus

Crap.

Didn't realized that Intrusion 2 was on a Flash Deal already. They need to make those timers more prominent!

Guess I'm waiting to see if it goes back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom