• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You know what I said about not buying any game on this sale, and then proceeded to buy 2 anyway? Well, I did it again.

Rage, you make me rage. And poor.

This might be the first sale I will not buy anything. Anyone else?

Just finished Sleeping Dogs now onto The Darkness 2 then Infamous Collection then Red Dead Redemption.

Only Skyrim will tempt if its under $20.

Nymerio

Rage, Dead Island and Dear Esther are all really tempting. Although maybe I should wait and see if something I really want is on sale in the next few days...

I'd buy Dear Esther. It's not exactly a game but I liked the experience and it's done really well. I'd say 2$ is about right for the amount of "gameplay" your getting out of it.

Dynoro

Rage, Dead Island and Dear Esther are all really tempting. Although maybe I should wait and see if something I really want is on sale in the next few days...

I really enjoyed Dear Esther but it isn't really a game more a story told to you as you walk along the path. There are quite a few points where you just stand and enjoy and enjoy the scenery - like going on a day trip to a Scottish island.

Saint's Row the Third: The Full Package is 50% off at £14.99. I'd be surprised if it dropped lower. I recommend it highly.

You should still wait, though.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Intrusion 2 justified purchase after the second boss.

Been a while since a game demanded that from me.
I see that Krater is on sale in the indie section for 66% off..is it safe to buy?
I was going to insta buy it, but saw the meta score and reviews and steam forum posts.

Shame.

Lanark

I loved all three of those. Although you should only play Rage and Dead Island for the combat. Rage and Dead Island are both quite long though, that could be either a pro or a con. Dear Esther is pretty much the opposite of those games, short, barely any gameplay, but has a fantastic atmosphere and is probably unlike anything you've played before.

xJavonta

Banned
I'm currently playing RAGE and I think it's fantastic. the environments look wonderful and the gameplay is great. Solid gunplay and if you turn the FOV up it just feels right. Wish the multiplayer had a deathmatch option.

Also, it's a big ass download. I bought it for $5 from Newegg a few weeks ago and it was a 23GB install or something like that. I would never download it, and I have a 12Mbps connection.

Requires the Gamestop App, and I'm genuinely on the cusp of not arsed to download, even at that amazing price.

Plus I don't know if I'd get around to it.

If it's the same price on Steam I'll get it that way. I've played a fair bit of Skyrim before and I effectively just ignored the quests and dicked around. Loved it.

Jawmuncher

Tempted to grab rage at just 5 bucks.
Is it worth it on PC have a lot of the launch issues been resolved?
I'm using a Nvidia graphics card.

My only worry is there will be a GOTY version at some point with lots of lovely extras :(
GOTY/Ultimate/Complete Edition is most certainly coming sometime in 2013 (when they finish all their DLCs) and that's the version I'm buying (Yes, you read it right, I haven't played Skyrim yet :)) ). Morrowind, Oblivion, F3, F3:NV...all those games had those editions, Skyrim willl surely follow.

kharma45

GOTY/Ultimate/Complete Edition is most certainly coming sometime in 2013 (when they finish all their DLCs) and that's the version I'm buying (Yes, you read it right, I haven't played Skyrim yet :)) ). Morrowind, Oblivion, F3, F3:NV...all those games had those editions, Skyrim willl surely follow.

Yeah I keep telling myself to wait but it's so hard ;_;

Yeah I keep telling myself to wait but it's so hard ;_;

don't_give_up.jpg

oipic

With the long-overdue purchase of Critter Crunch, my sale is officially underway.

Tempted by Rage - a whole bunch of you guys on my friends list have clocked up plenty of hours with it, which is surely a good sign. Perhaps it can wait for Gabe's Christmas shenanigans, though.

MtG aficionados, is the base plus expansion all that's really required, or should one snaffle the recent deck pack, too? Have been eyeing this off for ages (as a keen Ascension player), maybe it's time to finally give MtG a crack.

What are the odds of a SEGA daily deal? I want to buy Genesis Classics Pack 5...

edit: wait for the daily deals wait for the daily deals wait for the daily deals

Retne

I went ahead and picked up Toki Tori. At 50 cents I'd be losing money if I didn't buy it. At some point in the not so distant future I may want to play the game and I'm pretty sure I've spent more on a candy bar. Insert other rationalizations here.

I'd buy Dear Esther. It's not exactly a game but I liked the experience and it's done really well. I'd say 2$ is about right for the amount of "gameplay" your getting out of it.

I really enjoyed Dear Esther but it isn't really a game more a story told to you as you walk along the path. There are quite a few points where you just stand and enjoy and enjoy the scenery - like going on a day trip to a Scottish island.

Thanks guys, sounds interesting enough to give a go :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom