• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
OH god. Walking Dead and Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet are both so mine.

Edit: Is there a chance that ITSP is a daily?

Edit#2: Is Rage worth it? Is it a competent shooter? Been a while since I played a game that had some fun shooting, last shooter I played was probably Bulletstorm Unless you count the countless times I've played Blood after the fact (best fps game ever made)

Probably a price mistake. However I'd say there is a 99% chance that the Witcher 2 will be a daily or flash deal either during this sale or the winter sale in a month. If you hold out, you'll probably get it even cheaper than $12. Probably $10. Maybe even $7.50.

25 hours. Not minutes.

lol, thanks you're right... god i'm tired :(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
InMomentum might be the best purchase I've made in awhile. An absolute blast to play. Like what Mirrors Edge should have been.
Really? Is it good, you say? From the pics I saw, it looks similar to the DLC levels of Mirror's Edge. I'll check some gameplay vids once I get home.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Really? Is it good, you say? From the pics I saw, it looks similar to the DLC levels of Mirror's Edge. I'll check some gameplay vids once I get home.

It's absolutely wild. It's mostly pure time trial with some checkpoint based levels. The game looks gorgeous, and if you're a hound for the kind of speed it offers there's no game better. There's also multiplayer, but last time I tried to get it working I could only get one other guy to join me and we had the server last about 10 minutes before it crashed.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Supposedly THQ Humble Bundle was addeded to the Steam Registry and it included CoH, so you might want to wait on that one.

Also, it's pretty much unplayable nowdays. Opposing Fronts was much too unbalanced and killed the online community to the point if you're playing a 2x2 match and the enemy has one of the new armies and you only have the vanilla ones, you might as well just quit because you're already dead.

Tales of Valor added some nice different modes, but the underlying problem of the Panzer Elites and Brittish armies being overpowered was never solved.

Also, everybody just picks the river maps, which can easily be divided in half and people just turtle up to artillery and keep shelling each other from across the map for 3 hours on each game.

Regular CoH was pretty good, but the expansions killed it. Company of Heroes Free to Play was pretty good, but fans of the original didn't like it that much (because it was fixed, so people couldn't just pick an army and a recipe and win instantly) and the lead of the project died in a car crash, so the project was scrapped.

I love me some Company of Heroes, but it's unplayable online. It has been for a long time. I personally don't think the Single Player is worth it.

Here's hoping for CoH 2.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet was $3.75 during the summer sale (I know because I bought it at that price). Wait for the dailies/future flash deals!

Game is great though.

Thanks for the headsup, will do as usual and wait until the final sale day then :). Glad to hear it's great, been having a metroid itch and considered replaying Aquaria, but Shadow Planet seems pretty damn cool.

Platy

What are the flash deals right now? Help a fellow gaffer at work. :(

zwWhK.jpg

R$
68jRZ.png

Soo.... Company of Heroes. Yes? No? Does it hold up well these days?

I guess I'm trying to decide between AoEIII complete and CoH.

Or just hoarding my $ for Winter Sale.

CoH holds up really well. I got it last year during the winter sale for $2.50 and played the hell out of it, even though I already had bought it way back when it was originally released.

The base game has a lot of content in it so for $2.50 you can't go wrong. Only reason to wait might be if you wanted it in a bundle with the expansions or other THQ games.

Having seen Assassins Creed 3, I'm pretty eager to try the first few.
The sale prices haven't come down to my sweet spot yet. Have the prices ever been lower?

ACI - £6.99
ACII - £10.04
ACB - £13.39
ACR - £20.09

drizzle

Axel Hertz
The sale prices haven't come down to my sweet spot yet. Have the prices ever been lower?

ACI - £6.99
ACII - £10.04
ACB - £13.39
ACR - £20.09

Yes they have.

I don't know about your crazy Pounds or whatever, but Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 have been 5 bucks each before.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood has been 5 bucks for the regular version and 7,50 for the Complete Edition. However, the same has happened with Assassin's Creed 2 and the regular version is gone from the system.

So, Unless you plan to play them quickly, I'd say get 1 (not really) and 2 (yes on this one) and play them and buy Assassin's Creed Brotherhood when the regular version vanishes from the store, the Complete drops price and is 5 bucks too.

That's what I'm doing.

Stoof

ACI - £6.99
ACII - £10.04
ACB - £13.39
ACR - £20.09

I know they've had the AC Pack for $35 (not sure how much it was in pounds) during a summer sale daily and a random deal a few weeks ago so it'll probably happen again this sale.

Yes they have.

I don't know about your crazy Pounds or whatever, but Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 have been 5 bucks each before.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood has been 5 bucks for the regular version and 7,50 for the Complete Edition. However, the same has happened with Assassin's Creed 2 and the regular version is gone from the system.

So, Unless you plan to play them quickly, I'd say get 1 (not really) and 2 (yes on this one) and play them and buy Assassin's Creed Brotherhood when the regular version vanishes from the store, the Complete drops price and is 5 bucks too.

That's what I'm doing.

Brilliant, thanks for the information. I'll wait until they come down a few crazy pounds first ;)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So I think I accidentally bought regular Dead Island instead of GOTY Edition...

Oh well

I don't think that's possible on Steam. The game won't have any GOTY branding on it, but if you right click -> view DLC you should see all the appropriate content.

That is correct. Regular Version is not on the store anymore. The DLC is not available for pruchase separatedly either, but if you have regular Dead Island, you get 50% off on the GOTY.

Except when the game is on sale (like now). Even though I have regular edition, if I wanted to upgrade to GOTY, i'd have to pay the same as everybody else.

Rootbeer

Banned
wtf I am unable to make any Steam purchases, it gives me an error "An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed." when I try. I have not changed any of my address or payment info recently and I just made a purchase yesterday no problem.

*edit* seems confirmed on Steam Forums

Stoof

I really hope Steam price matches on Borderlands 2 today or tomorrow since it'll be $30 on Amazon for tomorrow only and I can't say no to that price :(

Anyone here play Fallout 3 on Windows 7?

It says the game isn't optimized for Windows 7, so I'm really afraid to buy it. Does it run fine?

I've only played on Win7, there were some crashes, but on the Steam discussion boards there was a handy and easy fix and now runs smoothly.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's absolutely wild. It's mostly pure time trial with some checkpoint based levels. The game looks gorgeous, and if you're a hound for the kind of speed it offers there's no game better. There's also multiplayer, but last time I tried to get it working I could only get one other guy to join me and we had the server last about 10 minutes before it crashed.
Thanks, looks like something I'll like. I will probably get it, though I'd still like to see a gameplay video just to make sure.

Lyonaz

I bought Skyrim for €15 and Max Payne 3 for €5,99 (traded in Ninja Blade for €4) on GMG.
Gonna buy MW2 on Amazon for $10 and thinking about Dead Island GOTY on Steam.

Good day today.

Tizoc

So...GAF....Of Orcs and Men...really feelin' tempted to get it, anyone know if the PC ver. can be improved upon with mods?

MNC

Do we have a certified brazilian gaffer that allows gifting/can accept paypal? I wanna be a suuuuper cheapskate this sale.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Do we have a certified brazilian gaffer that allows gifting/can accept paypal? I wanna be a suuuuper cheapskate this sale.

Technically, you can't give the money in advance for any transaction with Brazilians through paypal.

Well, you can, but the money you give a Brazillian through paypal is in Dollars and that Brazilian cannot use that Dollar fund to pay for Reais (local Brazilian currency) purchases.

In other words, if such an exchange is to be done, the Brazilian would have to pay with his money and use the Paypal funds for other purchases (in Dollars).

It's doable. But not as straight forward as the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom