• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the brazil version region locked or something? If not: anyone for Brazil here who could gift me Max Payne 3? I can paypal the money in advance

I don't think they are (yet). I just don't think there are any Brazil gaffers who have offered to buy stuff for others yet. At least I've never seen one.

Torraz

Still on the fence regarding walking dead. Not sure I want to chance it, with regard to the save game bug(s).

The only other games I'm waiting for a daily for are:
hotline miami
mark of the ninja
orcs must die 2
ys origin

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Which Dlc packs should I get for max Payne 3? I'm getting the version with the season pass.

Cramoss

Still on the fence regarding walking dead. Not sure I want to chance it, with regard to the save game bug(s).

hotline miami
mark of the ninja
orcs must die 2
ys origin

Those two and the Witcher 2 are the games I'm waiting.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Is the brazil version region locked or something? If not: anyone for Brazil here who could gift me Max Payne 3? I can paypal the money in advance

I don't think they are (yet). I just don't think there are any Brazil gaffers who have offered to buy stuff for others yet. At least I've never seen one.

Like I said earlier, you can't paypal the money in advance since Paypal keeps two different funds, one in USD and one in BRL.

Well, you can, but we can't use those USD Funds to buy BRL items (like the game, which is sold in our local currency). Also, you can't gift the money to us, so you'd have to send in more money to pay for the paypal tax, or we would get less money than the amount you send (for instance, if you sent me 8 dollars in paypal, I'd get around 6,80).

So I'd have to pay for your game with my money on my CC and we'd have to use the USD funds in paypal for something else (NOT Steam purchases).

SlickVic

$15 for Max Payne 3 sounds good to me; beats $20 on Amazon PCDD and getting that season pass I don't need. May be cheaper in the Winter Sale, but more likely they'll just match this sale again.

Sleeping Dogs deal is pretty weak though, considering it was $13 or so on GMG just a few days ago.

kswiston

hotline miami
mark of the ninja
orcs must die 2
ys origin

My list is basically the same minus Ys Origin which I bought last sale. I have a feeling that Orc Must Die 2 will be $3.75 during this sale or the Winter sale, so I am holding out.

Like I said earlier, you can't paypal the money in advance since Paypal keeps two different funds, one in USD and one in BRL.

Well, you can, but we can't use those USD Funds to buy BRL items (like the game, which is sold in our local currency). Also, you can't gift the money to us, so you'd have to send in more money to pay for the paypal tax, or we would get less money than the amount you send (for instance, if you sent me 8 dollars in paypal, I'd get around 6,80).

So I'd have to pay for your game with my money on my CC and we'd have to use the USD funds in paypal for something else (NOT Steam purchases).

I didn't catch that earlier. That makes things a little bit more difficult indeed.
But I just checked, I can send people money in BRL. So why wouldn't that work?

Platy

Where?

EDIT: It's $9 in Brazil. Damn.
EDITEDIT: I'm not from Brazil, I just checked here http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=br.

It is showing as R$19 here

Also :

A0pVC.png

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
$15 for Max Payne 3 sounds good to me; beats $20 on Amazon PCDD and getting that season pass I don't need. May be cheaper in the Winter Sale, but more likely they'll just match this sale again.

Why is the season pass not needed?

1-D_FTW

Played a little more of Cargo Commander. Still no server issues. Still a better deal (75%) than the vast majority of the featured items.

It really is disappointing that Valve decided to abandon the old method of highlighting these indie gems with dailies and achievement hunts.

Karl2177

Portal 2 get. I feel silly for buying a game that I already own on 360, but I've been playing on my PC more and more lately. Plus, it's a game that is fun as hell.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I didn't catch that earlier. That makes things a little bit more difficult indeed.
But I just checked, I can send people money in BRL. So why wouldn't that work?

Yeah, I didn't think of that. I don't know what happens if you send me a payment in BRL.

You'd still have to pay the paypal tax (no gifting for Brazil transactions, either from or to).

Gala

Yeah, I didn't think of that. I don't know what happens if you send me a payment in BRL.

You'd still have to pay the paypal tax (no gifting for Brazil transactions, either from or to).

Let's find it out then! PM me your paypal mail and we'll try it.

I can't send as gift from Germany as well so I'm used to that (the fee normally is +$0.30 + 3.9% of the amount sent or something like that). And I use my PP account in three different currencies and send money all over the world and never had a problem.

So theoretically, it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom