• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and honestly at that price it is worth the buy.

I just picked up rage as well. I know it's not amazing but surely it's worth the $5 anyway...at least from what I've seen/heard.

BTW, these dailies will be updated at 1PM EST right? The 26hrs left thing is just an extended period to purchase?

HoosTrax

It's possible, but I wouldn't count on it.

Reposting: Is Jagged Alliance 2 Gold worth $3.99? Heard lots of good things.
If you liked X-COM, then sure. The gameplay is similar, although the plot is that you run a PMC that's working to overthrow the dictator of a third-world country. The game runs run fine on Windows 7 without additional tweakage and fiddling needed.

The one thing that would give me pause about recommending it openly is that it's a somewhat older game (although user interface is mouse driven), so it doesn't look amazing when stretched to full-screen on 1080p. Haven't looked into mods myself to see if there's some way of "modernizing" the look.

Sullichin

Got RAGE, I liked this game on PS3 except for the horrible texture pop in, i'm excited to play it on a capable PC. And Walking Dead as well.

Is Dear Esther good?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to the bathroom right now. When I come back, I want someone to tell me Mark of the Ninja is $5, and that Vice City is back on Steam with a 90% sale on the GTA collection.

Did you hear me Valve? Make it happen please.

Got RAGE, I liked this game on PS3 except for the horrible texture pop in, i'm excited to play it on a capable PC. And Walking Dead as well.

Is Dear Esther good?

I hear it has good graphics and such but it's not really a conventional game more like an experience? I haven't played it personally just going by what I heard.

HoosTrax

Rage is on sale so much, you really don't have to sorry about seeing it again during the next major sale, if not earlier.

Woah of Orcs and Men is...tempting...at least at that price...
Wow, a Cyanide game that managed to get at least 70 on Metacritic. Impressive.

Sullichin

I hear it has good graphics and such but it's not really a conventional game more like an experience? I haven't played it personally just going by what I heard.

You don't play Dear Esther.
You enjoy it or not, but you won't play it.

I loved it.
Fine by me, for $2.49 I decided to give it a shot.

Went into this sale with $40 in my Steam Wallet. So far I got Walking Dead, RAGE, and Dear Esther. $20 left. Not bad. Tempted to get Fallout 3 GOTY edition for $5 but I already played the shit out of that game on 360. I'd like to eventually revisit it with mods. Does it really not work on Windows 7?

kswiston

So any chance XCOM or Darksiders go cheaper on steam than they are now? I know the lightening deals this summer sometimes went cheaper.

Actually I'm pretty sure that never happened during the summer sale. Lightning deals and daily deals were the same price. To the point that people were complaining that the last few sets of dailies had already been on sale earlier as lightning deals, and we were getting nothing new.

Daily deal will be the lowest price of the same. Also, anything that is 75% off this sale won't be any lower during the winter sale unless the base price of the game is cut in the next 3-4 weeks. Last year some winter sales were actually worse for some games than the Thanksgiving sale a few weeks prior.

kswiston

How likely is a sub $20 deal for Skyrim?

Unlikely, but I suppose not impossible. I'd expect we are going to get 50% off ($29.99) but I guess there is a small chance that 66% off could happen ($19.99). You aren't going to get it any cheaper than that though. I don't think any DD store has had the game for less than $25 and there have been dozens of sales.

Think I'll finally get Rage. Its only $4.99 which is the cheapest its ever been, it looks pretty and the gunplay seems solid. Hoping to snag Mark of the Ninja and the Skyrim DLC for cheap at some point too.

Ratrat

Unlikely, but I suppose not impossible. I'd expect we are going to get 50% off ($29.99) but I guess there is a small chance that 66% off could happen ($19.99). You aren't going to get it any cheaper than that though. I don't think any DD store has had the game for less than $25 and there have been dozens of sales.
Figured. :( have enough as it is anyway.

KNT-Zero

Some people haven't noticed this yet? SKYRIM AT 10 POUNDS. You're welcome.

BTW I'm trying to put my billing address in Gamestop as an US one (hopefully the price would go lower cause of the currency) but it doesn't accept my "phone number" which is from Sedan, South Carolina :/

Can anyone with an existing account on GS tell how are you suppose to put your number on it? I have the same number for Amazon.com (which is displayed as (563) XXX-XXXX) and it works :/ Please help me on this one `_´

MedIC86

Maybe it was asked before but besides the lightning deals we arent getting any new games on sale? it says the daily deals end in 25hours when BF is almost over, or does this sale last longer?

Platy

Ok that is interesting.

Aparently, because of how Steam came from Brazil, we have something that can extend each sale for like 4 days ...

It is called BOLETO and it works basicaly as : You say you want the game WHILE HE IS ON SALE.. and then when you make a chekin on the cart, it ... prints a paper that gives you 4 days to pay on a bank of your preference.

Don't matter wich day we make the payment, it will still count as the discount price. And if we don't want to pay ... we just don't pay.

Maybe it was asked before but besides the lightning deals we arent getting any new games on sale? it says the daily deals end in 25hours when BF is almost over, or does this sale last longer?

Daily deals lasted 36 hours for summer sale but new ones everyday. Maybe similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom