• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't going to buy anything, but Rage at $5 entered "eh, why not?" status.

westbrook.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What DLC are recommended for Darksiders II?

The Season Pass, Argul's Tomb, and Death Rides are all you need if you're after added world content (i.e. locations and quests). The rest of the DLC is composed of items that are worthless if you've been playing the game for more than a handful of hours.

Isaccard

I feel so dirty for getting most of my games lately from Amazon, but Steam isin't exactly beating their prices either, on top of the $5 promo.

Binabik15

I want Of Orcs and Men only because I love Orcs (especially slightly Warhammer-ish looking ones), but 20€ is too rich. I'd also buy MW2 from Amazon, but there's only a low violence version for German Steam. I know how to VPN and activate my stuff, but I don't want to risk my account just to scratch a "cheap pew-pew-kaboom rollercoaster ride without thinking" itch.

You won't get my money this time, Valve.

JaseC

I want Of Orcs and Men only because I love Orcs (especially slightly Warhammer-ish looking ones), but 20€ is too rich. I'd also buy MW2 from Amazon, but there's only a low violence version for German Steam. I know how to VPN and activate my stuff, but I don't want to risk my account just to scratch a "cheap pew-pew-kaboom rollercoaster ride without thinking" itch.

You won't get my money this time, Valve.

VPNs no longer work with Steam, anyway.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Doubtful. its just not an important enough title people will notice.

So... quantum conundrum? Worth $9?
Well, I got the Season Pass (base game + 2 DLCs) for less than 4 bucks on GMG. I didn't play much of it, but I liked it so far. The platforming stuff isn't that good, in my opinion, and I got frustrated at one part and never came back.

If I were you, I'd wait for a bigger discount.

Oh, and when today's daily deals begin, would someone be so kind as to make a list of the games and their discounted prices (percentage would be nice too)? Most image hosting sites are blocked here :/

drizzle

Axel Hertz
The Season Pass, Argul's Tomb, and Death Rides are all you need if you're after added world content (i.e. locations and quests). The rest of the DLC is composed of items that are worthless if you've been playing the game for more than a handful of hours.

Wait, what does the Season Pass gives you? I got the Limited Edition pre-order on GMG when it came out, so I have Argul's Tomb, Crucible Pass, Dark Talons, Rusanov's Axe and Skeletal Axe of Rending, but I don't know which is covered by the Season Pass and which is not.

I just need to buy Death Rides, by your logic?

JaseC

Wait, what does the Season Pass gives you? I got the Limited Edition pre-order on GMG when it came out, so I have Argul's Tomb, Crucible Pass, Dark Talons, Rusanov's Axe and Skeletal Axe of Rending, but I don't know which is covered by the Season Pass and which is not.

I just need to buy Death Rides, by your logic?

The Season Pass gives you The Abyssal Forge and The Lord Demon Belial, so you'll need to buy it and Death Rides.

Skyrim is 14.99€ at Impulsedriven/Gamestop Digital/whatever you want to call it: https://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W2491. Registers to Steam. The $ version seems to be priced quite a bit higher at $29.99.

Anyone getting "Item not available in region. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is not available in your area." When trying to pay using PayPal in the UK.

Edit: Meant to add, tried to pay by card earlier in the day and just got an e-mail saying the order was cancelled. Seems a few people got told it needs to be confirmed manually and have heard nothing.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
The Season Pass gives you The Abyssal Forge and The Lord Demon Belial, so you'll need to buy it and Death Rides.

Yes, I went and doubled checked the Season Pass page and that seems about right.

66% off and I won't play it anytime soon. I'll wait for 75%!

Guess I'll never play Ryder White DLC, that's bullshit.

Yeah, it is kinda bullshit that we can't buy the DLC separated, specially since I don't care about that Weapon or the Bloodbath arena.

Again, I won't be playing it anytime soon, and since I got the game for free int he first place, I'll just wait for it to hit 75% and buy the GOTY upgrade. It's not that expensive, after all.

By the way, new deals are up. And they're shitty.

Edit: Wait, they're not up yet? I swear I saw them!

Sleeppy dogs 50% and Prototype 2 50% off. I guess they didn't update the prices yet.

kswiston

Prototype 2 for $20 is laughable considering that Amazon had a bundle of Prototype 1 + 2 (+ the DLC for 2) for $10 like a week ago as their deal of the week. The bundle also got you Steam codes.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Max Payne 3 is awesome. At least I think so. $5 more on Amazon if you want season pass, which I do not recommend if you're not gonna play multiplayer. I've only touched MP mode for like 5 minutes

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Whats up with these shitty deals? I picked up Prototype 2 and Sleeping Dogs for less on Amazon weeks ago. Valve's losing its touch!

Either:

1) Valve doesn't need to cut off so many of their percentage because they already have a installed userbase. Amazon, on the other hand, needs to play hard to get some sales for themselves

or

2) This is the autumn sale. I bet we'll see 66% of 75% off on those 50% off deals in the Winter sale, 4 weeks from now.

ShaneB

To be positive about the whole thing.. you know what is awesome, the fact that everyone else is having awesome sales too so Steam isn't the only shop in town :p

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Either:

1) Valve doesn't need to cut off so many of their percentage because they already have a installed userbase. Amazon, on the other hand, needs to play hard to get some sales for themselves
We should point out this very important, often forgotten fact.

Valve does not set sale prices. They suggest what they should be.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hmmm Rage.

edit: Max Payne 3 is pretty bad though for that discount it might be worth it for the music alone. $25 for Sleepy Dogs ain't deep enough

JaseC

Nice to see the Awesomenauts DLC on sale in addition to the game itself. This wasn't the case just one week ago.

kswiston

or

2) This is the autumn sale. I bet we'll see 66% of 75% off on those 50% off deals in the Winter sale, 4 weeks from now.

Based on last year, don't bet on it. Discounts per game were mostly the same between the Thanksgiving and winter sale. Recently released Indie games are the ones that tend to go cheaper.

EDIT: Like you said, I think that Steam is so big now that A) they don't need to offer outrageous discounts to get huge sales, and B) publishers are more cautious about discounting their games too steeply too quickly on Steam. Once your game is $5 during a sale, a lot of people will pass on $7.50 or $10 sales in the future, even if you are still offering a good discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom