• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lint21

Neo Member
What a nice surprise after buying Critter Crunch yesterday - a free copy for my GF! SO much love for Capy :)

Thanks Nathaniel!

HoosTrax

Can anyone with an existing account on GS tell how are you suppose to put your number on it? I have the same number for Amazon.com (which is displayed as (563) XXX-XXXX) and it works :/ Please help me on this one `_´
XXXXXXXXXX

Edit: wait, why do I have an existing Impulse account...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe it was asked before but besides the lightning deals we arent getting any new games on sale? it says the daily deals end in 25hours when BF is almost over, or does this sale last longer?
They will overlap, like in the Summer Sale. That means you'll have today's dailies while yesterday's are still running.

kswiston

Some people haven't noticed this yet? SKYRIM AT 10 POUNDS. You're welcome.

BTW I'm trying to put my billing address in Gamestop as an US one (hopefully the price would go lower cause of the currency) but it doesn't accept my "phone number" which is from Sedan, South Carolina :/

Can anyone with an existing account on GS tell how are you suppose to put your number on it? I have the same number for Amazon.com (which is displayed as (563) XXX-XXXX) and it works :/ Please help me on this one `_´

Link says $29.99 for me.

Ok that is interesting.

Aparently, because of how Steam came from Brazil, we have something that can extend each sale for like 4 days ...

It is called BOLETO and it works basicaly as : You say you want the game WHILE HE IS ON SALE.. and then when you make a chekin on the cart, it ... prints a paper that gives you 4 days to pay on a bank of your preference.

Don't matter wich day we make the payment, it will still count as the discount price. And if we don't want to pay ... we just don't pay.

I buy all my game way BOLETO. Already i don't have international credit card. But boleto have a tax of 1,50 reais.

Lain

To anyone that missed it (at the rate this thread moves, there's a lot to miss)...

I'm giving any GAF'er that picks up Critter Crunch for $1.75 during the Autumn Sale a free second copy of the game. Just shoot me a PM to let me know you bought it, and I'll pass you back a code.

Thanks for the support folks!

Thanks for the second free copy, I'm going to gift it to a friend.
Also, your game is gorgeous and really fun.

1-D_FTW

I forgot to rage about this yesterday, but when they fixed the Hotline Miami price from 75% off to 25%, I suddenly decided I wanted it.

I would buy Rage, but I'm not sure I want to play it. I think I'll wait until the Christmas sale.

Buy it at some time. Unless you also hated the original FEAR (which was also one dimensional in favor of combat). But if you love great combat and prioritize that highly, it's a great game.

Rand6

Fine by me, for $2.49 I decided to give it a shot.

Went into this sale with $40 in my Steam Wallet. So far I got Walking Dead, RAGE, and Dear Esther. $20 left. Not bad. Tempted to get Fallout 3 GOTY edition for $5 but I already played the shit out of that game on 360. I'd like to eventually revisit it with mods. Does it really not work on Windows 7?

Fallout 3 GOTY works fine on my Win 7 (64 bits)...

Babalu.

ok so Chivalry and Endless Space are already on sale for 33% and 50% off.

How long will they be on sale for and should I be waiting for the flash deal or did I already miss one of those?

When does the sale end. I dont want to miss these.

Tame

rage bought

praised be to the mechanical car god for my wee car passing its MOT without any faults.

looks like the steam sale will eat all the money I saved for repairs incase it failed

Dunlop

Dead island or Rage?

Both is not an option as I know I will probably never actually play the game, but just in case....

Soo.... Company of Heroes. Yes? No? Does it hold up well these days?

I guess I'm trying to decide between AoEIII complete and CoH.

Or just hoarding my $ for Winter Sale.

For me (and some others i imagine) these threads and game recommendation queries really aren't about the money anymore (as in game x is really cheap, it's only 2 bucks just get it etc) but about the TIME that we potentially invest into these games...

Once you amass a certain quantity of games in your library it becomes more a matter of which game is TRULY worth your valuable time since you cannot possibly play them all anymore. :(

kharma45

What are the flash deals right now? Help a fellow gaffer at work. :(

zwWhK.jpg

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Once you amass a certain quantity of games in your library it becomes more a matter of which game is TRULY worth your valuable time since you cannot possibly play them all anymore. :(
Fact.

When you start off, its okay. Then you get a certain backlog and it just becomes, no more questionable stuff, no more titles I may play, etc. I've even stopped Indie bundles unless they have 3 titles I want to play.

AlexBasch

Thanks guys!

Goddammit Steam, I only wanted to get a one or two games, but I'm interested on Rage. :/

Already have Dead Island, I wouldn't mind to help out someone who is new to it. :) But is that the GOTY edition or what? I recall the standard version was taken out, was interested in the DLC.

kswiston

Rage wont be cheaper than 5 in the winter sale right?

Generally retail games don't go any cheaper than 75% off on Steam, so when they hit $19.99 MSRP they stall out at $5 during all future sales. Look at Mass Effect. That game has been $5 during every sale in the past 3 years, but has never gone on sale cheaper than that.

Very occasionally a game will get an 80% or 90% sale (Alien vs Predator and Alpha Protocol are two that come to mind) but that rarely happens. You'd wait forever on most games if you held out for that.

Some manufactures, like Square-Enix will drop their older games to $14.99 MSRP, but even then, we're talking $3.75 on sale vs $5. You'd lose a whopping $1.25. Ignoring the fact that Bethesda likes the $19.99 price point as their low end, RAGE recently dropped to $19.99, so it won't get any further price cuts for awhile. Definitely not in the next 3 weeks.

dani_dc

Soo.... Company of Heroes. Yes? No? Does it hold up well these days?

I guess I'm trying to decide between AoEIII complete and CoH.

Or just hoarding my $ for Winter Sale.
Supposedly THQ Humble Bundle was addeded to the Steam Registry and it included CoH, so you might want to wait on that one.

So what's up with that timer on the regular deals? (not flash sales) on the main page? I have checked like an hour ago and it said in 25 minutes new deals will come up, well... it STILL says 25 minutes NOW and the timer is decreasing... WTF? a bug or something ?

kswiston

What in the hell? Witcher 2 actually went up in price?! Don't tell me the 11.99 price was actually a secret flash deal yesterday...

Probably a price mistake. However I'd say there is a 99% chance that the Witcher 2 will be a daily or flash deal either during this sale or the winter sale in a month. If you hold out, you'll probably get it even cheaper than $12. Probably $10. Maybe even $7.50.

So what's up with that timer on the regular deals? (not flash sales) on the main page? I have checked like an hour ago and it said in 25 minutes new deals will come up, well... it STILL says 25 minutes NOW and the timer is decreasing... WTF? a bug or something ?

25 hours. Not minutes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Are you sure you're reading the timer right? The format is hours:minutes:seconds, and it's currently at 25 hours.

Rand6

25 hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom