• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kifimbo

The problem is there isn't a -80% or 90% in the daily deals nowadays. I remember buying Alpha Protocol for 2$. And because of the Steam sales, publishers and studios don't drop the regular price of their game anymore. Also, there is no Indie Pack anymore, with 5 games for 5$. Finally, the Humble Bundle and all the others kinda spoiled us.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Holy shite. $40 for FarCry 3. Any Brazil GAF able to hook me up?

It's actually R$ 84,99 (BRL), which is the equivalent of 40.30 USD, but you'd have to send me 91.88 BRL, which is the equivalent of 43.66 dollars, so you could cover the paypal tax if you're extracting that money directly from a Credit Card, as opposed to transfering it from your bank account (which would be cheaper, but I have no idea how much cheaper). I'd personally ask for 48 dollars to cover up any Paypal craziness when it comes to conversion rates and taxes, but only because those fluctuate a bit and I'm still nto sure how the USD<->BRL conversion works in paypal, because Paypal is the most fucking complex thing ever).

Personally, I usually do a 10% on top of whatever I want somebody to buy for me (when i'm sending money through paypal for steam bussiness), because that's easier to calculate, it always goes over the actual tax paypal charges for Brazil<->other countries money exchange AND usually means that the person helping me gets a little extra.

And it would take me 15 minutes to receive, accept and have said money available for me on my paypal account so I could then buy the game and gift it to you.

And the game has no discount, that's just the actual price.

Loginius

It's a special "cut" version, and they probably forgot to specifically put it on sale. Why would you want to buy the cut version anyway.

Oh, didnt know that.
I take it all back then, thank god they dont give us a discount on it. I might just have accidentally bought this cut version if they did.

Played Max Payne 3 for almost 2h...

- Game is gorgeous and runs smooth as butter on the highest settings. Some real nice DX11 features as well. Alongside Hitman: Absolution and Sleeping Dogs the prettiest game in recent memory. Really can't complain about this.
- They improved the combat mechanics a lot. I'm not the biggest fan of the over-reliance on cover and it isn't as arcadey anymore (hitting a wall or other obstacles actually stops your bullettime) which is neither good nor necessarily bad but the guns and shooting feel awesome and are better than ever...
- ...which makes it hurt even more that you can't carry that many weapons anymore. ugh console gaming. What happened to invisible weapon pockets?
- the amount of cutscenes and gameplay interruptions is too damn high. I already expected it somewhat but it gets ridiculous at times. It doesn't help that they removed the visual novel parts and that the writing is inferior to the previous Max Payne games IMO. With most other shooters this wouldn't be much of a problem but I really enjoyed the story of MP1 and 2 and to me this seems like a significant step backwards.
- still don't like the bodyguard in Brazil setting and probably never will. Characters have also been very uninteresting so far.

First impression: good game with some very bright moments but also issues I can't overlook that easily. Obviously way too early to tell how much I'll enjoy it by the time the end credits roll and I don't regret buying it at all but I'm a bit soured on it. I reached the part where you're in
New Jersey with the guidos, which seems closer to the noir setting
so we'll see.

You dont seriously think that Valve can set prices for other companies games.

I know they don't, from the consumer's perspective though $5 on GmG for something that is $10 on Steam is a no brainer.

deals on Steam are as good as ever. Only difference is that people own more stuff thus finding them more useless, and that places like GMG and Amazon have caught up, and in certain areas surpassed them in terms of deals of some specific games.

Steam falling victim to hubris confirmed. They also seemed to have larger %'s off in the past (even on the same games), I might even be able to prove it if I tried.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Is Sim City 4 any good? I haven't played a Sim City game since Sim City 2000.

EDIT: It's also crazy when people can buy a $60 game for $7 and that's not "cheap enough" anymore. Get your heads checked folks, you're losing it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thinking about it bro, I don't know god damn!
Max Payne? Get it, it's good. Listen to the positive points Glass Rebel made a few posts above, just disregard any bad things he may have mentioned :p

I'm debating over getting the Season Rockstar Pass for $5.74, the price is tempting. But I don't play the multiplayer any more, so I don't think it's a smart purchase. I like it, but I'm not a fan of online games.

Is Sim City 4 any good? I haven't played a Sim City game since Sim City 2000.

EDIT: It's also crazy when people can buy a $60 for $7 and that's not "cheap enough" anymore. Get your heads checked folks, you're losing it.

Yes

even better if you get into the mod scene

Type2

Yeah, I got the OST aswell, played about an hour so far. Really enjoying it, and man the music is great.

I just beat the game last night, totally cried...just a little.....twice.

I really enjoyed the story and the music works so well because they make the songs personal to you as a player.

Oh man.

I see Max Payne 3 and Rage really cheap.

Got them both.

I go to install MP. It asks for 30GB. o_O

I choose Rage. 21GB. o_O

Man, I live in Brazil. My internet provider caps my downloads. :(

Gonna have to wait till like next month to download it. :p

Can anyone recommend some platformers to me? I've played a few too many action packed FPS games lately and need to chill back on the couch for a while.

I was thinking about picking up a few Sonic games but Generations gave me a headache(so much fast moving colourful things lol), so I am thinking of Rayman if it pops up as a daily deal.

I don't mind if they are indie, hidden gem etc :)

Thanks

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I just wanted to say that I'm NOT buying all games from Brazil to people. I'm not buying games for anyone. I bought one (1) copy of Max Payne 3 to figure out how the Paypal conversion rate works and THAT'S IT.

This Brazilian Steam Store opened recently and I'm not comfortable in using the regional pricing difference gifting games to others. I've invested too much money on my account to risk it.

However, in a couple months, I might figure out something with another account. Nothing for now folks.

Type2

Can anyone recommend some platformers to me? I've played a few too many action packed FPS games lately and need to chill back on the couch for a while.

I was thinking about picking up a few Sonic games but Generations gave me a headache(so much fast moving colourful things lol), so I am thinking of Rayman if it pops up as a daily deal.

I don't mind if they are indie, hidden gem etc :)

Thanks
Try mark of the ninja for a really interesting take on the stealth genre. Super meat boy is on sale as well (although it can go for lower) its a fantastic game with tight controls. LIMBO is also great if you've missed it! Have you played all these already?

wazoo

EDIT: It's also crazy when people can buy a $60 game for $7 and that's not "cheap enough" anymore. Get your heads checked folks, you're losing it.

This summer, people were asking if Kotor at 2$ was worth it ...

The coffee they were drinking at the same time probably costed more to them.

Try mark of the ninja for a really interesting take on the stealth genre. Super meat boy is on sale as well (although it can go for lower) its a fantastic game with tight controls. LIMBO is also great if you've missed it! Have you played all these already?

I have played and thoroughly enjoyed Super Beat Boy after the last sale :p As frustrating as that game can be haha.

I will take a look at Mark Of the Nina, thanks.

HoosTrax

I have played and thoroughly enjoyed Super Beat Boy after the last sale :p As frustrating as that game can be haha.

I will take a look at Mark Of the Nina, thanks.
Keep an eye out for Dustforce if you like Super Meat Boy. It's also the type of platformer where the big draw is to rerun the levels to try to perfect your score.

EXGN

Is PC the best platform for Sleeping Dogs/Max Payne? How are they without a controller? My trigger finger is itchy...

Platy

There are more brazilians here than in BrazilGaf

I just wanted to say that I'm NOT buying all games from Brazil to people. I'm not buying games for anyone. I bought one (1) copy of Max Payne 3 to figure out how the Paypal conversion rate works and THAT'S IT.

This Brazilian Steam Store opened recently and I'm not comfortable in using the regional pricing difference gifting games to others. I've invested too much money on my account to risk it.

However, in a couple months, I might figure out something with another account. Nothing for now folks.

...is there any history of problems with gifting for other countries ?

I mean ... you can send the gift to an EMAIL =P

Giard

There are more brazilians here than in BrazilGaf

...is there any history of problems with gifting for other countries ?

I mean ... you can send the gift to an EMAIL =P

IIRC Valve has threatened bannings for people who abused gifting to other countries.

IIRC Valve has threatened bannings for people who abused gifting to other countries.
How can they threaten you for using a function of their system? They can't say with certainty that someone has given you money to buy them a game. Even if they could, I'm allowed to send my friends money and vice versa. If we use that money to gift each other games, so be it.

I think if anyone were to banned for this it would be Wilflare as he has gifted (probably) thousands of games. I believe he is still going strong.

If you can be banned from Steam for being too generous, well, something is very wrong.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
How can they threaten you for using a function of their system? They can't say with certainty that someone has given you money to buy them a game. Even if they could, I'm allowed to send my friends money and vice versa. If we use that money to gift each other games, so be it.

I think if anyone were to banned for this it would be Wilflare as he has gifted (probably) thousands of games. I believe he is still going strong.

If you can be banned from Steam for being too generous, well, something is very wrong.
If i'm buying 40 copies of a tripe A game from a region that has it for 20% less and gifting it to other regions...

That should light up some red lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom