• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can they threaten you for using a function of their system? They can't say with certainty that someone has given you money to buy them a game. Even if they could, I'm allowed to send my friends money and vice versa. If we use that money to gift each other games, so be it.

I think if anyone were to banned for this it would be Wilflare as he has gifted (probably) thousands of games. I believe he is still going strong.

If you can be banned from Steam for being too generous, well, something is very wrong.

It's probably a security thing if you buy dozens of games in a couple of days and gift them to other people Valve probably thinks something could have happened to your account so they'd probably disable purchasing to be safe, I doubt they'd outright ban you though

For anyone on the fence about the Walking Dead, buy it! Seriously game is awesome, played through the first two episodes so far, hoping to do an episode a day if I have the time, awesome game

Lain

Didn't think the voucher would work with the discounted Dishonored. I was ready to pay 25€, but 18.75€ was even better.

If i'm buying 40 copies of a tripe A game from a region that has it for 20% less and gifting it to other regions...

That should light up some red lights.
If they didn't want you to be able to do this, why not impose restrictions? I am yet to see Valve state that you can't gift to your friends in other regions. Whether it's 1 or 40 games, you're still working within their system.

I get your point, but I wouldn't be concerned in the slightest personally. If you don't feel comfortable gifting though, that's obviously completely fine.
It's probably a security thing if you buy dozens of games in a couple of days and gift them to other people Valve probably thinks something could have happened to your account so they'd probably disable purchasing to be safe, I doubt they'd outright ban you though
This I can see happening. It could trip their security system and thus lock your account. That isn't the same as being banned though and can be fairly easily rectified.

Damn, I want Dishonored, but I don't even know if I'll have the time to play it :/
It'll surely go lower soonish.. But it's very tempting.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Finally broke and bought Max Payne 3. Honestly at this point the main thing holding me back was the massive file size. My internet sucks and my HDD space is terrifyingly low right now. But it inspired me to clean out my 100GB FRAPs folder along with lots of other useless crap. Anyways, my one big concern is all the talk of intrusive story segments. I hate that shit, especially when it's unskippable. That being said, I am a fan of the real Max Payne games and I love euphoria physics so it should be a good buy.

We'll see how it goes when the d/l finishes next Saturday.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How's the PC version of Darksiders II?

Mediocre at best. The game no longer crashes frequently, but graphics options are slim, the in-game vsync option in particular doesn't work, and the highest shadow quality setting kills performance despite having no discernible visual impact. More generally, however, the UI is sub-par and the game is littered with bugs, including this potentially game-breaking one, which Vigil has known about since release yet still hasn't patched.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
With none of the console DLC included? No thanks.

Castle Crashers PC includes the first two DLC releases. The $15 base price is still a rort, however, considering said DLC is $2 a piece on the X360 and the game itself is more than four years old (in other words, it's effectively dropped in price just $1 per year since release).

Isaccard

Castle Crashers PC includes the first two DLC releases. The $15 base price is still a rort, however, considering said DLC is $2 a piece on the X360 and the game itself is more than four years old (in other words, it's effectively dropped in price just $1 per year since release).

Thanks for pointing this out. I might buy it now.
if it ever goes on sale

metalshade

I bought Max Payne 3 and have no intention of playing the multi, but I bought the season pass, as I thought it was more singleplayer content, did I just waste my money?
Also, 9 hours to download!!!!
Edit: DAMNIT, I just read the descriptions properly, from a pc rather than the phone I was using to buy the damn thing. Well I guess I should try the multi now I paid extra for it!

KissVibes

Banned
I bought Max Payne 3 and have no intention of playing the multi, but I bought the season pass, as I thought it was more singleplayer content, did I just waste my money?
Also, 9 hours to download!!!!

Did you buy it from Amazon? It was $19.99 for Max Payne 3 + Season Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom