• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

Deal breaker, brah.

The ideal option would have been buying the Indie Royale Bundle it was in back in October.

Not having it on Steam may be a deal breaker for some, but for many it won't be given the extra bonus material you get, plus DRM Free. Plus, it is actually cheaper when you average out the promotion price over 5 games total.

To each their own though.

Aaron

I've heard less than great things about the Jagged Alliance remake, but maybe at $8?
It's bad and not fun. I bought it for $10 and it was a total waste. The way they designed the combat is really terrible in practice, and nothing like Frozen Synapse that they were cribbing from.

cicero

Because it is the closest we'll get to a Voigt-Kampff test
I smell a replicant

PTGyl.gif

Do Androids Dream of Smelling Electric Sheep?

kswiston

So it looks like XCOM is on sale on Gamersgate for $35. With IGN Prime discount and the G2PO discount the price drops to $28. The game is Steamworks, so you get a Steam code.

If you lack an IGN discount, I could probably buy and gift a copy for you if you paypal the funds. I'd offer to do the same for Dishonored, but UK GAF is getting a better deal on that one.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
$89 bucks spent

Currently picked up:

Awesomenauts +DLC
Darksiders 2 + DLC
Dead Island
Dear Esther
Dishonored (GMG)
Max Payne 3

Not bad for what would usually be a full price game and a platinum hits or a Deluxe Edition of a current release.

Nelo Ice

Banned
You need to have an IGN Prime account, and you probably need to be from the UK. Game is $29.99 in the US. With all discounts, it drops to $22 and change.

You can use your GG even if you aren't in the UK. I got my copy from the UK site and I'm in the US.

Say, anyone own Tower Wars? Any good?

I just bought it but haven't played it yet. I watched TotalBiscuit's video of it awhile back and it looked like a pretty polished and competent tower defense game, but I'm mostly interested in checking out the co-op and competitive multiplayer.

kswiston

Gamersgate.co.uk with the IGN code charged me £14.98. So how much is that US?

Code must not of worked for you because £14.98 is the regular sale price. My price in cart (not buying since I already own Dishonored) is just under £12 with both discounts.

lexi

Banned
sadface.PNG

I'm finding out that VPN's don't seem to work with steam anymore. This is a fucking disgrace, I'm not paying exorbitant mark-ups just because of where I live.

Sorry for the bitch, I've always been able to use a VPN to get fair pricing, and that seems to be no longer possible.

s7evn

sadface.PNG

I'm finding out that VPN's don't seem to work with steam anymore. This is a fucking disgrace, I'm not paying exorbitant mark-ups just because of where I live.

Sorry for the bitch, I've always been able to use a VPN to get fair pricing, and that seems to be no longer possible.

Maybe someone could gift it to you.

CRS

You conceded, actually. :p

I don't plan on buying much during this sale, though -- at this juncture, just the Star Wars Collection, Capcom's Dailies/Flashes, and the occasional indie. It's taking every ounce of restraint I have, but with the Christmas/Winter Sale around the corner, I'd rather wait for it and then go nuts.

Edit: I hope next year's Summer Sale also begins late July. The timing was perfect this year as I received my tax return in time for the sale.

Oh yeah.

Oh man, I spent so much. Jesus...

Edit: Wait, was your final count $519? I could've sworn I did more than that. Doesn't matter. Valve was the only winner from this.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
CoH is just about the pinnacle of the genre - if you have any interest or inkling toward RTS gaming, I'd be surprised if you don't love it. It has aged well, too. Enjoy!

There was a time when I was a big fan, but I fall out of love with the genre. I'm hoping with AoE and CoH, that it will rekindle that love affair once again. It seems like I picked two of the best games for the job. Thanks!

sadface.PNG

Where do you live?

sadface.PNG

umm people can always gift you things and you pay them back with paypal.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
MP being dead is BS. I play it quite frequently and there are plenty of servers for every game type at capacity. You really only need to throw 1 or 2 in your favourites, unlike P2P games.

I didn't say it was dead. Obviously there are still people playing it, but the previous Call of Duty games always fall to the wayside for the most recent release. Today's peak player counts (MW2 onwards):

Blops 2 MP: ~49k
MW3 MP: ~22k
Blops MP: ~5k
MW2 MP: ~9k

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
The sale has made Doom 3 BFG more expensive for those that already have Doom 3. Pretty sure it was 33% off before, now it's only 25% - not that I'm rushing to buy it...

Damage so far is Max Payne 3 and 2 copies of Critter Crunch. Was thinking about Dead Island then the flash sale ended much sooner than I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom