• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

Sorry if it's been answered already, but is Max Payne 3 season pass a big download? I have a code for it from Amazon, but I won't activate it yet if it's going to add even more GB's to the base game's install.

Eusis

The sale has made Doom 3 BFG more expensive for those that already have Doom 3. Pretty sure it was 33% off before, now it's only 25% - not that I'm rushing to buy it...
It was always a $10 discount off of $40 for people who owned Doom 3, so this actually is only keeping parity. Disappointing owning Doom 3 doesn't stack on though, but by the time I get it the difference probably wouldn't have been that big.

Dambrosi

Banned
Sorry if it's been answered already, but is Max Payne 3 season pass a big download? I have a code for it from Amazon, but I won't activate it yet if it's going to add even more GB's to the base game's install.
It's supposedly only for multiplayer stuff, so I guess it depends on whether you want to play multiplayer or not.

Twinduct

You could have used the -25% code and saved yourself that little bit more. ;)

Lol true. Could have gone the full load and used my 2 usd trade in aswell. Might have gotten it down to below 10 :p

Now I just need to get that $15 Dark Souls from Amazon and I think I've bought everything I wanted this year.

BadAss2961

It's supposedly only for multiplayer stuff, so I guess it depends on whether you want to play multiplayer or not.
I know, i'm just wondering how much it is. The game is supposedly 25GB, and Amazon suggests that it's 35GB with season pass. If it's even close to an extra 10GB, i'll probably never bother.

i know this is a Steam thread and Origin sucks balls but is $12 a good price to pay for BF3 even if I have it on 360?

and I'm guessing Premium can't be applied across platforms?

fushi

With IGN discount and code G2PO Dishonored is 12 GBP from GamersGate, which is $19 or 15€.

I think this is my breaking point.
IGN discount?

Ohh, something related to IGN Prime.

I'm guessing GMG's 22,5 USD offer is still the lowest for that game?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It was always a $10 discount off of $40 for people who owned Doom 3, so this actually is only keeping parity. Disappointing owning Doom 3 doesn't stack on though, but by the time I get it the difference probably wouldn't have been that big.

He's right, actually -- it is more expensive at the moment. The loyalty discount brought Doom 3 BFG down to $20 whereas it's now $22.50.

With IGN discount and code G2PO Dishonored is 12 GBP from GamersGate, which is $19 or 15€.

I think this is my breaking point.

It's oh so slightly cheaper still over at GMG UK: 15 pounds - 25% is 11.25 pounds, which converts to ~USD$18/~AUD$17. I tried to purchase the game earlier via VPN, but it didn't take (reached the processing payment phase before GMG's checkout system had a digital seizure).

Tizoc

lol, To the moon got discounted. Eh I got it for 50% and don't regret Holding off.
Gonna wait for next set of flash deals in a few hours.

sadface.PNG

I'm finding out that VPN's don't seem to work with steam anymore. This is a fucking disgrace, I'm not paying exorbitant mark-ups just because of where I live.

Sorry for the bitch, I've always been able to use a VPN to get fair pricing, and that seems to be no longer possible.

is that a browser add-on MUST HAVE IT. Also, WHERE DA RUSSIANS AT, I'm ready to throw paypal money atchoo for Max PAyne 3 collection. HOLLA ATCHA BOYEE (ie PM me)

Dambrosi

Banned
My trigger finger's a-hoverin' over Gamestop USA's £9.99 Skyrim and GMG's unbelievable £11.25 Dishonoured bargains. But I guess I'll see what Gamestop UK have to offer when their Black Friday sale starts in half an hour.

Stream monstering the Vampire Savior tourney in the meantime.

dreamfall

Yeah, I couldn't resist that Dishonored deal- picked it up for $22.50. It should be really awesome, just wondering if perhaps I should've waited!

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Holy shit, is Max Payne 3 really this well-optimized?

jbbOOOZJnvYr62.jpg

Running it at these settings on a modest i3-2100 + Radeon HD 6850 setup, and I'm averaging between 45-60 fps.

Really? A game of this visual fidelity running this well? By Rockstar no less?

The fuck?

Blablurn

Holy shit, is Max Payne 3 really this well-optimized?

jbbOOOZJnvYr62.jpg

Running it at these settings on a modest i3-2100 + Radeon HD 6850 setup, and I'm averaging between 45-60 fps.

Really? A game of this visual fidelity running this well? By Rockstar no less?

The fuck?

i was surprised too when i started it on my laptop! sooo good

LogicStep

I'm going to buy To The Moon, I want to know something though. How does buying the game with a soundtrack work? Where do I get the songs etc? And is it worth it for this game?

Sober

I'm going to buy To The Moon, I want to know something though. How does buying the game with a soundtrack work? Where do I get the songs etc? And is it worth it for this game?
They download with the game, so your download will be slightly bigger.

I thought the soundtrack was worth it, don't think the GOG version has the whole thing.

Deques

The soundtrack is usally placed in same folder where the game is installed.

Still got no answer which game to get: Dishonered or Max Payne 3

LogicStep

The soundtrack is usally placed in same folder where the game is installed.

Still got no answer which game to get: Dishonered or Max Payne 3

I didn't play Dishonored but Max Payne 3 was amazing.

They download with the game, so your download will be slightly bigger.

I thought the soundtrack was worth it, don't think the GOG version has the whole thing.

Thanks, I'll take that version.

Decado

Max Payne 3 is $12.50 at GMG. What is their system like (doesn't seem to use steam)?

Also, the price for Dishonored is $30 for me. I can't get any code to work: GMG25-G4VDR-0ZL4Q (though I'm not logged in...don't have an account and not sure if it is worth signing up).

Max Payne 3 is definitely worth it at this price. It's about a 14-16 hour game and the action, while not always perfect, is still some of the best TPS I've played.

Haven't played Dishonored but I know it's good.

I'd go with the cheaper just to save money.

Dambrosi

Banned
Max Payne 3 is $12.50 at GMG. What is their system like (doesn't seem to use steam)?

Also, the price for Dishonored is $30 for me. I can't get any code to work: GMG25-G4VDR-0ZL4Q (though I'm not logged in...don't have an account and not sure if it is worth signing up).
Oh, it's worth it. They sometimes just give away free games that can later be traded in for credit (AFAIK they're the only DD retailer that does this). That's how I got my Borderlands 2 pre-order so cheap (under £7, with trade-ins and a coupon code) earlier this year.

Also, make sure you're typing the 0 as the number 0, not the letter O.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yeah, decided to bring down the hammer on Skyrim and Dishonored after all, you really can't beat those prices right now. Though, unless Legend of Grimrock gets a daily or flash deal, I think I'm done for this sale, even though I only bought Magic 2013 from Steam itself!

OK, so far:

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 + Expansion Pack + Deck Pack 1 (£6.75)
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (GFWL) [GamersGate] (£2.01)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [Gamestop/Impulse] (£9.99 as US Dollars)
Dishonored w/Pre-Order Bonuses [Green Man Gaming] (£11.25)

Coming to a grand total of £30 exactly so far. Yep, I think I'm done.

Benedict

Wish Faster Than Light went up for at least 50%...

edit
"with went up I mean go up on the sale with a price down with at least 50%"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom