• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm conflicted. I'd totally pick up Walking Dead, but I already asked for it as a Christmas gift.

I was never really that interested in Max Payne 3, but for that price, I might bite. But then I remember everyone's complaints about it. Then there's Mark of the Ninja. I do this every Steam Sale. I figure I'll buy some games, but then hold out because of my backlog. I'm not sure if I want to add to it.

Forkball

Played through the first two episodes of The Walking Dead.

SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Well, if you just mean that one game, sure. I think there is a decent change that the Walking Dead will e 66% off next sale now that all of the episodes are out. Overall though, most of these discounts will be about the same. A little more on some games, a little less on others.

You mean people who fixate themselves on a few select games or those who already purchased some 100+ titles over the years.

Sales haven't changed from 3 years ago, I just own more now and more selective.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm conflicted. I'd totally pick up Walking Dead, but I already asked for it as a Christmas gift.

I was never really that interested in Max Payne 3, but for that price, I might bite. But then I remember everyone's complaints about it. Then there's Mark of the Ninja. I do this every Steam Sale. I figure I'll buy some games, but then hold out because of my backlog. I'm not sure if I want to add to it.

Max Payne 3 looks, runs, and plays great, but the problem is Dan Houser seemed to have forgotten that he was a game designer first and a Michael Mann wannabe second, and as a result the game frequently breaks into cutscenes to the point of being offensive. It's for this very reason that I like to joke about the game not being worth more than the price of a movie ticket.

Tess3ract

Banned
Incorrect ME3 is great. Walking Dead is outstanding and worth playing as well.
ME3:
+ graphics
+ gunplay
- reinclusion of RPG elements that never should have been removed in the first place.
- roll button why? Useless. On top of the fact adding rolling took out the ability to have other animations because of a lack of ram. Didn't rework this for PCs. Lazy.
- audio
- story
- ending that invalidates everything you worked for. Reworked ending that was a waste of time because the ending itself was horrendous and needed to be thrown out.

Risgroo

Hopefully a few Bethesda games get 75% off. I loved New Vegas when I played it on PC, so playing through it again with a decent framerate should be amazing. Skipped the expansions on PS3, so looking forward to playing those as well.
I also want to get Morrowind and Oblivion, not too unlikely to see those on sale, I think.

Celegus

Hoping for Torchlight 2 I guess? I doubt Borderlands is gonna drop low enough for me. Grabbed Walking Dead on Amazon, and kind of bummed FTL isn't on sale at all.

kswiston

You mean people who fixate themselves on a few select games or those who already purchased some 100+ titles over the years.

Sales haven't changed from 3 years ago, I just own more now and more selective.

I just mean the discounts during this sale are not going to be blown out of the water by the winter sale based on past experience. Some games may get a steeper discount next month, while others may see worse discounts. Last year, most titles just ended up getting the same discount during the winter sale. However, since the winter sale is two weeks long, more games will get featured as daily deals and flash sales.

People who fixate on a game or two and are disappointed only have themselves to blame. I'm only buying 10 games a sale on average instead of the 25-50 purchased in my first few sales, but I recognize that the main cause for this is the fact that I have close to 400 titles on Steam now. As you said, the sales are about as good as they always have been, minus the cheap indie bundles maybe.

kswiston

Anyone else get an email saying that the IGN discount on Gamersgate will expire in 48 hours?

I thought it was supposed to be permanent :/

Sober

ME3:
+ graphics
+ gunplay
- reinclusion of RPG elements that never should have been removed in the first place.
- roll button why? Useless. On top of the fact adding rolling took out the ability to have other animations because of a lack of ram. Didn't rework this for PCs. Lazy.
- audio
- story
- ending that invalidates everything you worked for. Reworked ending that was a waste of time because the ending itself was horrendous and needed to be thrown out.
Arcade mode. No unskippable story cutscenes (but I guess you have to sit through the loading screens). Pretty sure you can skip the interstitial cutscenes and just continue with the manshooting though. Also you can choose any Max Payne costume for almost any stage.

AlexBasch

C'mon Back to the Future on 75%! :p Aside from that and Alan Wake I'll go easy on this one. I won't add Steam funds first, though, could have used those $5 on the PSN, lol.

JaseC

Anyone else get an email saying that the IGN discount on Gamersgate will expire in 48 hours?

I thought it was supposed to be permanent :/

Overuse would be my guess, not unlike MS suddenly making a distinction between purchased MS points and "promotional" MS points (the latter of which expire).

kswiston

Overuse would be my guess, not unlike MS suddenly making a distinction between purchased MS points and "promotional" MS points (the latter of which expire).

I am just curious if the discount is ending for all IGN Prime members (because GG decided not to renew that deal), or me specifically. I've only purchased 4-5 games from them (with the discount), so I can't imagine that they would target me for overuse.

Tess3ract

Banned
I dont understand how TotalBiscuit says War of the Roses looks better than chivalry, when Chivalry looks amazing and War of the roses looks flat as fuck.

JaseC

I am just curious if the discount is ending for all IGN Prime members (because GG decided not to renew that deal), or me specifically. I've only purchased 4-5 games from them (with the discount), so I can't imagine that they would target me for overuse.

This is what I was getting at -- perhaps the code has proven a little too popular and is consequently being killed. Again, not entirely unlike the oft-abused MS point promotions.

kswiston

This is what I was getting at -- perhaps the code has proven a little too popular and is consequently being killed. Again, not unlike the oft-abused MS point promotions.

I definitely could see that. It's too bad though, because that extra 15% off was basically the only reason that I purchased games on Gamersgate. They rarely seem to beat Steam, Amazon, GMG, etc in price.

So it looks like Heroes VI finally got a price drop to $29.99 MSRP. Now all I need to do is wait for a halfway decent discount on the game during a daily or flash sale. Hoping for at least 66% off, but expecting 50% knowing Ubisoft. The current $21 on Steam is still too much for me considering the game is over a year old.

Def Jukie

What's the final verdict on the Dark Souls port? I know the resolution can be fixed. Any other weird issues with it? Still the best version to play?

So far I've only bought Roller Coaster Rampage for $2.50 and if I stopped now I'd consider the whole sale a success. Hopefully XCOM has a deeper discount come Christmas.

Max Payne 3 looks, runs, and plays great, but the problem is Dan Houser seemed to have forgotten that he was a game designer first and a Michael Mann wannabe second, and as a result the game frequently breaks into cutscenes to the point of being offensive. It's for this very reason that I like to joke about the game not being worth more than the price of a movie ticket.

12.50€ is cheaper than movie ticket prices here :(

I agree about your short review though.

Is it a marked improvement over Demon Souls? I bought that game a year or two ago but could never get into it.

If you couldn't get into the previous one, this one won't. But I still say give the game a chance. Is one of the most rewarding games you will play this generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom