• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullichin

What's the final verdict on the Dark Souls port? I know the resolution can be fixed. Any other weird issues with it? Still the best version to play?

Best version for sure with the caveat that I found it easier to connect to other players on PS3. Durante's fix addresses more than just the resolution too - unlocked framerate, AO/DOF/AA options, texture swapping, skipable intro logos. It looks really great on PC.
Is it a marked improvement over Demon Souls? I bought that game a year or two ago but could never get into it.

It took Dark Souls for me to really properly get into Demon's Souls. It's a more forgiving game to new players. For one thing, you get health potions when you respawn and you're not permanently stuck with half your health when you die.

Decado

If you couldn't get into the previous one, this one won't. But I still say give the game a chance. Is one of the most rewarding games you will play this generation.

I just found it needed too much *time* per sitting. I hated the save system. I don't recall specifics, but I just found I couldn't play the game without getting stuck playing large chunks over and over again. Not fun.

I really need to get around Dark Souls, I adored Demon's Souls and picked up Dark Souls on day one for PS3 only to procrastinate on it. Then there was word of a patch or two, and I waited those out, then the expansion that I decided to wait for as well. Bah, I'll get around to it eventually but I want to play through my original copy before playing it on PC. I'll still pick it up for Steam and toss it on the backlog at that price though, I just feel like an idiot.

Max Payne 3 is indeed worth playing at that pricepoint... once. They really squandered their really fun combat by making you watch an unskippable cutscene around every corner. It's great the first time through and all, but it makes replays a drag.

For anyone who's waiting for a Dishonored daily deal, greenmangaming has it for $29.99 today, which then comes down to $22.50 with code GMG25-G4VDR-0ZL4Q. Its redeemable on Steam anyways. Just got myself a copy :)

LiK

bought Deponia. watched the GB QL a while back and the English VO is atrocious. thankfully, it includes the native German dub so i'll listen to that instead. the writing seems alright.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Max Payne 3 is indeed worth playing at that pricepoint... once. They really squandered their really fun combat by making you watch an unskippable cutscene around every corner. It's great the first time through and all, but it makes replays a drag.

I hate hearing this. There are very, very few games if any that come to mind that can actually justify forcing the player to watching non-interactive cutscenes for long periods of time. I'm not expecting minimalist story telling from a Max Payne game but this ain't Metal Gear Solid for crying out loud.

Still looking forward to starting it tonight, though. Does the Steam browser auto-pause cutscenes? Hope not.

1-D_FTW

So far I've only bought Roller Coaster Rampage for $2.50 and if I stopped now I'd consider the whole sale a success. Hopefully XCOM has a deeper discount come Christmas.

Wwwwut? I've bought Roller Coaster Rampage and Cargo Commander. You've got to buy Cargo Commander to experience unbridled joy and wash the stench of RCR out of your mouth.

You're welcome;)

Spazo

new deals up:

skyrim
saint's row
war of the roses
crysis 2
farming simulator
transformers

no price yet

thx to cade (from neogaf steam chat)

I see pricing unless they didn't change it, cause they are shit (25-50%)

Thos aren't the daily prices yet.

pe7LL.png

Well, some of these are still.. meh..

KNT-Zero

Guys, I'm about to play Skyrim for the first time... what do I need to know/have??

360 controller or kb/m? Any recommended patches/Workshop things I should check out?

Skyrim 50% off...of the price they upped it to at the start of the sale

Before sale 30 euro
Changed to 50 euro, now 50% off is 25 euro, I hope no one in Europe gets it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom