• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozzted

Anyone else having an issue with Dawnguard + Hearthfire, coming up without the newest discount on "Review + Purchase" (showing $13.39 and $3.34) ?

**Edit** Yes, others are too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait DMC4 isn't on sale at all? God damn Capcom.

Best buy what you desire of Capcom's discounted library on the last day, because its inconsistency cannot be overstated. I'll be picking up both Lost Planet 1 versions and probably Onimusha 3 regardless, but the rest can wait, unless they show up as Dailies/Flashes.

Thankfully we don't have to buy these things at Valve prices anymore. Amazon or GMG (or other store) and then activate on Steam, that's the best way to buy PC games nowadays.

I feel like those days may soon be coming to an end as well. As other retailers gain more of a foothold in the market they will just refuse to carry steamworks titles that in the end damage their ability to make money by steering more customers to Steam. No publisher is going to throw away the opportunity to be on Amazon just to have their game be Steamworks.

Hinomura

Something doesn't work correctly... I put Crysis 2 ME in my cart, and it's 10,49€... I proceed and once it process it, it says 17,49€ (old pre daily price)...

Valve please fix this! :)

Caerith

Errr, just bought Skyrim DLC (it said 50% off) and I just got charged at the 33% off rate. Probably should of reviewed it before hitting purchase but anyone else have this issue?
Not the exact same issue, but my Saints Row DLC is showing up at -75% in my cart and -50% in my checkout. I imagine it's just still refreshing or something.

Were you actually charged the wrong rate, or did it just show up wrong on the checkout screen?

(Whatever you do, don't do a charge back.)

Torraz

Checkout prices take a while to update. A friend bought a game from a deal that ended a few minutes ago for the old price still.

frozzted

Something doesn't work correctly... I put Crysis 2 ME in my cart, and it's 10,49€... I proceed and once it process it, it says 17,49€ (old pre daily price)...

Valve please fix this! :)

Sensing a pattern here......looks like Steam store is having some issues.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
where are these coming from? some kinda valve sale backstory?

Ever since Valve started seasonal sales, they've posted new artwork every day of the sale. If you have a fullscreen or low res monitor you might not notice it, but it's visible on widescreen monitors. The artwork generally tells a story using the Steam mascots (CyL [black dude with moon face], Tappet [orange dude with bobble head], Sir Roderick Bodkin [yellow dude], High-pockets [purple dude with tall skinny legs], Dash [the green fat whale blob guy]... there's also a tiny little dude with no limbs and no name).

Frankly, that stuff is more interesting that 78% off some $4 indie game you're never going to boot up anyway.

Best buy what you desire of Capcom's discounted library on the last day, because its inconsistency cannot be overstated. I'll be picking up both Lost Planet 1 versions and probably Onimusha 3 regardless, but the rest can wait, unless they show up as Dailies/Flashes.

Do you know what's the difference between Lost Planet: Extreme Condition and Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition? Which the best to get?

Rootbeer

Banned
Sigh, Valve. Just one problem after another. Yesterday I couldn't even purchase anything for hours due to some problem with them accepting my billing info (not on my end -- there's threads on steam forums about this), as a result I missed some of the flash sales.

Now I'm trying to buy dawnguard which should be 9.99 (at 50% off) but when I add it to my cart it's $14.99... get your shit straight valve -__-

anyway passing on dark souls. GFWL + no steam achievements (come on!!) + horrendous bugs that are having to be fixed by fan patches = maybe i'll buy it when it goes under $10.

Nothing for me today. Crysis 2 needs to drop its base price to like 20€ before I care about it and same goes for Transformers. Still holding out for:

Mark of the Ninja
Castle Crashers
Bionic Commando + Rearmed
Lost Planet: non-GFWL Edition

Greymanic

Neo Member
Not the exact same issue, but my Saints Row DLC is showing up at -75% in my cart and -50% in my checkout. I imagine it's just still refreshing or something.

Were you actually charged the wrong rate, or did it just show up wrong on the checkout screen?

(Whatever you do, don't do a charge back.)

I was charged wrong as well, and I haven't, don't worry.

I've sent Steam support a brief message on the issue hopefully it gets resolved even though it is really my own fault for not reviewing it.

Firebrand

Errr, just bought Skyrim DLC (it said 50% off) and I just got charged at the 33% off rate. Probably should of reviewed it before hitting purchase but anyone else have this issue?
I've said it before but the Steam Store really ought to reserve the price for 5-15 mins like GMG do, esp considered how often they make mistakes with the pricing during sales. You should not be able to add something to your basket and have another price on it during checkout 5 minutes later.
Might help if people in the US could actually take advantage of that deal or find someone who would do it for them.
Yep, sucks that it's region-restricted but was worth posting for EuroGAF in case anyone was about to drop 25 euros on it.

From the Stump Narrates the Daily Art series*

*Sold exclusively at www.neogaf.com.

Ever since Valve started seasonal sales, they've posted new artwork every day of the sale. If you have a fullscreen or low res monitor you might not notice it, but it's visible on widescreen monitors. The artwork generally tells a story using the Steam mascots (CyL [black dude with moon face], Tappet [orange dude with bobble head], Sir Roderick Bodkin [yellow dude], High-pockets [purple dude with tall skinny legs], Dash [the green fat whale blob guy]... there's also a tiny little dude with no limbs and no name).

Frankly, that stuff is more interesting that 78% off some $4 indie game you're never going to boot up anyway.

oh I see. carry on with the funnies then

Caerith

Any reason not to buy SR3 Complete pack? Seems like a really good deal.
None. Base game ($9.99) + Season Pass ($4.99) is $14.98. The Full Package is $12.49. Most of the DLC is cosmetic, but Season Pass is additional missions, Shark Attack is additional zaniness, and Unlockables is kinda useful too.

Babalu.

does anyone have any recommendations for hack n slash / dungeon crawlers or just action oriented games like Y's: Oath in felghana and origins? I have both of those on my psp already and love em, is there any advantages to get them on PC?

Any other games like that?

I read that Onimusha (and DMC3 for that matter) are terrible messes performance-wise.

Stoof

Whelp I guess I should just get Borderlands 2 from Amazon because if it starts at 25% I wouldn't be surprised to only see it drop to 33-40% and there's no way it's going higher than 50% :(

JaseC

Do you know what's the difference between Lost Planet: Extreme Condition and Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition? Which the best to get?

Colonies is essentially the complete version, with added game modes, levels, characters, etc.

I read that Onimusha (and DMC3 for that matter) are terrible messes performance-wise.

Just as well I don't intend on playing either. ;)

cicero

I feel like those days may soon be coming to an end as well. As other retailers gain more of a foothold in the market they will just refuse to carry steamworks titles that in the end damage their ability to make money by steering more customers to Steam. No publisher is going to throw away the opportunity to be on Amazon just to have their game be Steamworks.

Why would they refuse to carry Steamworks titles when that is the major driving force behind their sales figures? They make more money selling Steam activating titles, which is why, IMO, Tony seems to be specifically pressing and asking publishers about Steam activating versions. Amazon is even offering many DRM Free Amazon based titles for sale next to their Steam code versions and promoting each equally.

I think you are off here.

I picked up CoH yesterday mostly on a whim and based on high recommendations from GAFfers. But other than that, nothing on my wish list is greater than 50% off so far on this sale.

/firstworldproblems

lsslave

Jew Gamer
I dont understand how TotalBiscuit says War of the Roses looks better than chivalry, when Chivalry looks amazing and War of the roses looks flat as fuck.

He even explained, Chivalry has more effects and more polygons going yes

WotR has more going on, a better look to it, more individual items. Even art style it is better.

Chivalry's vaseline filter doesn't make it a better looking game, and using bland environments so you can focus more on making a few more polys in your sword just makes it boring

does anyone have any recommendations for hack n slash / dungeon crawlers or just action oriented games like Y's: Oath in felghana and origins? I have both of those on my psp already and love em, is there any advantages to get them on PC?

Any other games like that?

For old school dungeon crawler the legend of grimlock, for loot whoring hack and slash try torchlight 2. But are pretty cheap as well.

Nothing for me today. Crysis 2 needs to drop its base price to like 20€ before I care about it and same goes for Transformers. Still holding out for:

Mark of the Ninja
Castle Crashers
Bionic Commando + Rearmed
Lost Planet: non-GFWL Edition

Bionic Commando I think it won't be cheaper, I think it's the first time it's hits $4.99

I want a little crazy last sale. Something I thought I conquered a few sales ago. I'm going to do better this time around. I'm actually building up a good number of games that I'd like to play sometime but I'll wait a few more sales. I've bought too many games at higher sales prices but never got around to playing them until they were on sale again for $5-$10. I'd like to stick to my rule, if I can't imagine playing the game in the next couple months, there is no need to grab it now, unless it's $5 or less.

Tess3ract

Banned
He even explained, Chivalry has more effects and more polygons going yes

WotR has more going on, a better look to it, more individual items. Even art style it is better.

Chivalry's vaseline filter doesn't make it a better looking game, and using bland environments so you can focus more on making a few more polys in your sword just makes it boring
I don't know what you mean by bland. He goes "WOTR looks visually better, with post processing, etc*

*shows a flat nighttime shot with no shadows, washed out, and a bloodied vignette*

nope.avi

Chivalry looks vibrant and colorful, and the environments look interesting.

cicero

I had the mental image of your Snowy avatar voicing your entire post in a tiny squeaky barking voice.

It was glorious.

JaseC

Bionic Commando I think it won't be cheaper, I think it's the first time it's hits $4.99

This is the first time it's been on sale since last year's Christmas/Winter Sale, even though it was also on sale during the Summer Sale of that year. Capcom is all about the inconsistency.

Are you talking about BC or BCR?
Was Bionic Commando Rearmed ever cheaper on Steam? I'll wait for a flash deal on it, but I guess I'm buying no matter what on the last day.

It's one of the top 5 PSN games still and I need it on Steam.

This is the first time it's been on sale since last year's Christmas/Winter Sale, even though it was also on sale during the Summer Sale of that year. Capcom is all about the inconsistency.

Yup, that's why it's a no brainer despide of what people said about the game, I buy it, I really like that game!

Are you talking about BC or BCR?
Was Bionic Commando Rearmed ever cheaper on Steam? I'll wait for a flash deal on it, but I guess I'm buying no matter what on the last day.

It's one of the top 5 PSN games still and I need it on Steam.

We are talking about Bionic Commando

http://store.steampowered.com/app/21670/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

HoosTrax

So why does everyone want Mark of the Ninja? I've played Shank, and while I tried hard to like it, it felt like all flash and no substance -- the controls were really unresponsive for a game that relies so heavily on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom