• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
He even explained, Chivalry has more effects and more polygons going yes

WotR has more going on, a better look to it, more individual items. Even art style it is better.

Chivalry's vaseline filter doesn't make it a better looking game, and using bland environments so you can focus more on making a few more polys in your sword just makes it boring
http://i.minus.com/izEZZD0JmSTrw.png

What vaseline filter? That's probably motion blur.

Are you talking about BC or BCR?
Was Bionic Commando Rearmed ever cheaper on Steam? I'll wait for a flash deal on it, but I guess I'm buying no matter what on the last day.

It's one of the top 5 PSN games still and I need it on Steam.

Rearmed has been as cheap as 2.69€ during last year's Winter sale.

HoosTrax

Is that really a deal breaker? I would rather take 4 games for $2 more, and not have them on steam, then have one game only because its on Steam.
I'm only casually interested in Crysis 2, so I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it if I can't have it on Steam.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So why does everyone want Mark of the Ninja? I've played Shank, and while I tried hard to like it, it felt like all flash and no substance -- the controls were really unresponsive for a game that relies so heavily on it.

Mark of the Ninja is supposedly a much, much better game with great feel and stealth. Personally I haven't played it, but I've seen lots of people who weren't fans of Shank and love MotN

1-D_FTW

So much talk of Hotline Miami. Game was a price mistake at 75 percent at the beginning.

Which is why you always buy non-dailies if they're 75 (or higher) and you want them.

Not saying everyone saw it. But that's the power of the wishlist. To spot any potential price mistakes you want to pounce on.

Mrbob

Mark of the Ninja is awesome. This is coming from someone who dislikes Shank.

Mark of the Ninja makes it fun to play stealth.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
According to Amazon users it's only Crysis 2 Origin redeemable, everything else has to be downloaded from Amazon...

If I'm not mistaken, Amazon also provides keys for the other Crysis games, but they need to be added to your account manually by an EA CSR.

So why does everyone want Mark of the Ninja? I've played Shank, and while I tried hard to like it, it felt like all flash and no substance -- the controls were really unresponsive for a game that relies so heavily on it.

Best stealth game out. Nothing like Shank at all.

RedSwirl

If I'm not mistaken, Amazon provides keys for the other Crysis games, but they need to be added to your account manually by an EA CSR.

I bought Crysis 2 on an Amazon sale last year and downloaded it from there without ever needing to mess with Origin. I think the DRM in that case is basically the same as if you bought it on a disc (this game came out before EA started requiring Origin for their games). That said, you also have the choice of redeeming literally any EA CD key from the last few years on Origin.

GenkiPatton

Neo Member
Ok, guys, since today deals suck so much, here's a quick reminder that all Nyu Media titles on Steam (except for Cherry Tree High Comedy Club - released that 2 weeks ago! Go buy it too :p) are 50% off. Help us help you help us help Japanese indie devs!

Links:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/214570 Ether Vapor Remaster $3.99 (50% off)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/214590 Fair Bloom Freesia, Mighty Fairy Punch will knock your teeth out! $3.99 (50% off)
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15960/ The eXceed Collection $4.99 (50% 3x1 bullet hell shooting game goodness!)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/203990 SATAZIUS $2.99 (SATAZIUS is love, searing love!)

That's it. Spam missiles away, let's spread some doujin love!

P.S.: Kudos to Critter Crunch, awesome game!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Oh yeah, that's right. We're at day 3.

ibam94JRw3BycB.jpg

JaseC

I bought Crysis 2 on an Amazon sale last year and downloaded it from there without ever needing to mess with Origin. I think the DRM in that case is basically the same as if you bought it on a disc (this game came out before EA started requiring Origin for their games). That said, you also have the choice of redeeming literally any EA CD key from the last few years on Origin.

I didn't mean to imply that direct downloads aren't available, but rather just that key redemption is also an option.

Edit: I see, I forgot the "also".

Why would they refuse to carry Steamworks titles when that is the major driving force behind their sales figures? They make more money selling Steam activating titles, which is why, IMO, Tony seems to be specifically pressing and asking publishers about Steam activating versions. Amazon is even offering many DRM Free Amazon based titles for sale next to their Steam code versions and promoting each equally.

I think you are off here.

I think that's naive wishful thinking on your part. The exact reason that Valve allows Steamworks titles sold through other channels, that they see 0% of the sale , is exactly why other companies would see it in their best interest not to carry Steamworks titles. Valve only does it because it helps them grow their customer base. Every game sold on STeam is a potential sale for Amazon. That's just business. You really think that AmazonTony is working together with publishers just to help you and Valve? Come on man. At this point they are at the stage where they are trying to grow their customer base of PC DD to Steam levels. When they feel they've done that enough they will make their move.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
If anyone wants to sell me their Victoria II : A House Divided, Naval War: Arctic Circle or Mortal Kombat Kollection keys please PM me. Can Paypal.

Thanks JaseC for the free MKK key! :)

DSmalls84

So any thoughts on Dawnguard for $10 or Hearthfire for $2.50?

Both could be cheaper closer to Christmas, but if you plan on playing them now it's a pretty good deal. Dawnguard is a pretty decent length and Hearthfire is like $5 not on sale so if it gets cheaper it will only be by $.75 or so.

Lime

Anybody from the US willing to gift me Dawnguard? Please send me your Paypal details and I'll do it right away. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Wilflare came through! What a guy!

RedSwirl

No.

EA games sold on Steam work on Steam. EA games sold outside of Steam (NFS, KoA, Crysis, Dragon Age, Mass Effect) are Origin-only.

I know that's the case for Battlefield 3 and Mass Effect 3 - EA games that came out within the last couple years, but did they retroactively require Origin for previous games too? Pretty sure I own a non-Steam copy of Dragon Age II that I don't have to boot through Origin.

JaseC

I know that's the case for Battlefield 3 and Mass Effect 3 - EA games that came out within the last couple years, but did they retroactively require Origin for previous games too? Pretty sure I own a non-Steam copy of Dragon Age II that I don't have to boot through Origin.

No. Origin was built upon the rather primitive EADM, so the only games that actually require the client are those released after Origin launched (Edit: Excluding select EA Partners titles, of course). Older games (~pre-2009) don't automatically activate on Origin for this very reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom