• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

Any Russian GAF-bros looking to help with gifting these? I can paypal you the cost + a little extra for your troubles.
I don't think its worth the risk to VPN them on my own with the new steam rules, right guys?
iPbJkTCwv9SvP.png

idYLuYVzo7iDC.png

I'm surprised I haven't seen more Russian GAFers taking advantage of this stuff.
iwZxuSZiClCAr.png
There's a reason why there are two types of Steam keys for a given game, RU (Russian) and RoW (rest of world).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any Russian GAF-bros looking to help with gifting these? I can paypal you the cost + a little extra for your troubles.
I don't think its worth the risk to VPN them on my own with the new steam rules, right guys?
iPbJkTCwv9SvP.png

idYLuYVzo7iDC.png

I'm surprised I haven't seen more Russian GAFers taking advantage of this stuff.
iwZxuSZiClCAr.png

VPNs no longer work with Steam. Also, PayPal isn't accepted on Steam RU, and Max Payne 3 has an RU-specific sub, so even if you do find an RU GAFer willing to buy the game for you, you'll want to also pick up the DLC, because buying it locally would be fruitless.

Edit: Kindasorta beaten.

Kntj

You don't need Steam Mover anymore, the latest Steam BETA lets you install Steam games on multiple drives now. I have my Steam library spread across 2 SSDs and a WD Caviar Black.
How can you move the games between the folders? Cut and paste or is there an option somewhere?

Since when did Paypal let you deal with Russia? I thought this was always the problem?

Paypal doesnt let you deal with Russia? whats the story behind this.

Region locking? when did this start on steam?

EDIT: Holy shit. Fucking hell @ the facts. Thanks for clearing it up guys. I HAS A BIG SAD NOW.

JaseC

Region locking? when did this start on steam?

EDIT: Holy shit. Fucking hell @ the facts. Thanks for clearing it up guys. I HAS A BIG SAD NOW.

Activison kicked it off with Modern Warfare 2.

kswiston

Anyone in the UK want to gift me a dishonored code from paypal? I'll send them money first.

I assume you are trying to get in on the GMG deal. If you don't find a UKer, and are ok with ~$20 via Gamersgate, I could help you out. Works out to £11.98 with IGN Prime discount and G2PO code. I'd just charge you whatever the exchange is to US on PP. Google says $19.10, but it may be slightly higher due to Paypal exchange.

1-D_FTW

I'm drawing a blank of the Russian dude who posts a lot in the regular Steam thread, but I'm pretty sure he said there was no way for him to accept our paypal money (even if we wanted to exploit it).

But, yeah, there are other problems of late too.

EDIT:

Russian customers can register a PayPal account, but have absolutely no way to use it.

Knew it was something like this.

Russian customers can register a PayPal account, but have absolutely no way to use it.

Yeah I heard if they receive money in their account it just sits there and they cant get it out?

Why does this happen. Why are things so much Cheaper in Russia to warrant all this.

TGMIII

Yeah I heard if they receive money in their account it just sits there and they cant get it out?

Why does this happen. Why are things so much Cheaper in Russia to warrant all this.

Piracy in Russia is pretty standard, more so than the rest of the world. So Valve decided to region off the RU store and have everything at a crazy low price to try and get more sales and from what they've said it's been pretty successful. The BR store is similar but isn't as cheap.

JaseC

Russian PayPal customers can't export PayPal funds to a bank account, no.

The sheer prevalence of piracy.

Edit: Too slow.

Sober

is it worth it?
Pretty standard TPS with transformers and transforming as mechanic. You can't remap the keys (easily? maybe the ini files were encrypted). There is a 60fps unlocker for it, otherwise it runs at 30.

If you like Transformers then you could do worse for 5$.

HoosTrax

Some random interesting per capita figures (all in USD equivalent), may or may not explain the oddball regional pricing differences:

Oz $66,371
US $48,328
Ger $44,111
UK $38,811
Ru $12,993
Br $12,802

Maybe that's the reason those Aussies are always getting screwed over?!

is it worth it?

Im not a big transformers fan (not a hater though, just that im not a big fan, but I like it) and I loved it when I bought in a steam sale. Really fun game. Is the type of game like the Batman Arkham games, that when you are not a huge fan of this universes (becuase you dont have time, or never started it), after playing them you are much more interested in their universe and start looking for info about it.

Does anyone just 'happen' to know if Giana Sisters will have a flash deal?

That dastardly Xelios sold me on it, so I intend to buy. (just not 'at a high price' - I feel greedy right now. )

cicero

Guys,

If you bought one of the bundles with Victoria II or Majesty Gold HD, apparently we received non-steam keys for both of those games. DON'T PANIC we're getting more and we'll backfill you guys as soon as we get them.

Cheers,
Tony

gah. I hope they fix this soon.

cicero

Amazon's 2012 Editor's Choice Games List. It will continue to update apparently.

Note: This page will soon be populated with games for which this promotion will be applicable. Thanks for your purchase from the Amazon Digital Games Store. Below are a selection of games hand-picked by our editorial staff as the hottest titles of 2012. Customers who received $5 promotional credits during November and December can now use them to save money on these games. Your promotional credit can be used on any of them starting January 1, 2013. Simply select one to purchase, click "Buy and Download", enter the promotional code that Amazon emailed to you, and your discount will be applied. Having trouble finding the email? Try searching for "Your Amazon Promotional Credit" in your email inbox. Credit must be used by January 31, 2013. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

I am so glad that they are doing a list like this so I don't have to wonder if I am buying something that I can eventually get $5 cheaper with the promotional credits. I do hope that they add cheap $5-10 games like they had last year.

cicero

I didn't partake last year, but how do those credits work? Can they be stacked, or is it only once per game?

And one code will be applied per game? Lets say I have two $5 codes, I can use both codes in one game?

No stacking, unfortunately. The credit is auto-applied to your purchases starting January 1st until the end of the promotion. Last year I basically dismissed their Promotion entirely as an obvious gimmick that would end up being for full priced games, then they kept on expanding the games being offered and I ended up with AAA titles hugely reduced and middling titles free or at like $2.50. It was great, and I mostly got all my codes, which are now auto-applying credits, from numerous super cheap DLC I bought individually.

jediyoshi

Hello!

We just wanted to let you know that the IGN Prime discount promotion will soon expire. We hope you’ve enjoyed your 15% discount and that you’ll still stick with us both at GamersGate (for all your games) and IGN (for all your news).

The IGN Prime 15% off discount will stop working in approx. 48 hours, but considering that we’ve already entered our yearly holiday sales (this one is going to be bigger than ever before!) there will still be lots of games and awesome deals to be had!

So much for permanence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom