• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume you are trying to get in on the GMG deal. If you don't find a UKer, and are ok with ~$20 via Gamersgate, I could help you out. Works out to £11.98 with IGN Prime discount and G2PO code. I'd just charge you whatever the exchange is to US on PP. Google says $19.10, but it may be slightly higher due to Paypal exchange.

Thanks dude. I'm Ireland so it's not that much of a difference between dollars and euros but the uk gets it for like 5 euro cheaper. That's a tonne of steam games.

1-D_FTW

Some random interesting per capita figures (all in USD equivalent), may or may not explain the oddball regional pricing differences:

Oz $66,371
US $48,328
Ger $44,111
UK $38,811
Ru $12,993
Br $12,802

Maybe that's the reason those Aussies are always getting screwed over?!

The problem is retailers tend to send prices (that DD can't undercut). It's always been my outside impression that the distributors have a real stranglehold on Australia... which results in high retail... which results in high DD.

Sianos

The Autumn Sale is merely a precursor to the Winter Sale, a vestige of the Summer Sale of yore.

I expect (slightly) stronger deals then.

Bought Dishonered and Skyrim on Gamefly but I can't get the Steam key yet.

qSmFR.png

:/

You need to be an IGN Prime member. Price is actually closer to $20 when converted, but still the best price you can get without being from the UK and going through GMG.

If you don't have a Prime account and want the game for $20, I can buy it for you and gift it.

I just went ahead with the GMG deal, thanks for the offer of assistance tho.

Replied.

Dawnguard's probably worth about 10$. It adds a new faction quest, arguably one of the weaker ones but it makes playing through The Companion quest line more worthwhile given the improvements to
the werewolf form.
The changes made to Dawnguard with an added skilltree makes it more useful to actually use.

Can't speak for Hearthfire, didn't bother to buy it when it was finally release, although I might for 2.50$

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I might trade some dota 2 stuff for a steam-game, but is it true that even if someone from a region restricted area ( russia..) gifts / trades me a game I can't use it?

New flash deals

Left 4 Dead 2 - $9.99
King's Bounty: Warriors of the North - $14.99
Thief Collection - $6.74

L4D2 has been $10 since Wednesday. It's in my wish list. I've been waiting for it to go 75% off because it's been lower before.

How does this count as a flash deal if it's not flashier than the regular deal?

derExperte

Thanks, looking at Far Cry 3 it doesn't appear to be region restricted according to that site. Hmm.

Yeah, one version for all, should be fine. Though they might add restricted RU later like with Max Payne (other publisher of course). In that case everyone who bought it early got the 'free' version but there were cases where the worldwide one was transformed to restricted.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Yeah, one version for all, should be fine. Though they might add restricted RU later like with Max Payne (other publisher of course). In that case everyone who bought it early got the 'free' version but there were cases where the worldwide one was transformed to restricted.

Ok thanks for the help !

Sober

L4D2 has been $10 since Wednesday. It's in my wish list. I've been waiting for it to go 75% off because it's been lower before.

How does this count as a flash deal if it's not flashier than the regular deal?
It doesn't have a flash timer, so I guess it's just there because they need to put something else in there in its place.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Since when did Paypal let you deal with Russia? I thought this was always the problem?

Also thought a lot of Russian games were region locked now.

You can't send money to Russia through Paypal (they don't have Paypal in there) and the Russian games are usually "restricted". I mean, you can receive them as gifts, i'm sure, but they'll be DLC-Locked to Russia, sometimes there will be language differences and censorship differences.

Edit: omg I was stuck at the back of the thread and didn't notice.. Bummer/beaten/etc etc

I'm so glad I held off on buying the Thief Collection the other day. After playing through most of Dishonored I really want to go back and play all the stealth games I've neglected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom