• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

wazoo

I know it is not Steam, but Origin has his Black Friday sales

50% of most games

Add E4EITDDI6P for -10E/$ (works above 20)

I got Need For Speed Most Wanted for 15E

HoosTrax

Just want to point out that the community for L4D2 is still very very active and you never will have a problem finding games. Great deal at 4.99.
I'm slightly annoyed that L4D2 is the only Valve game other than the CS and DoD games that I don't own. I was probably annoyed by the sequel coming out so soon after the first game and never forgave Valve for that one thing.

It's like I don't really feel like playing it after I already spent hundreds of hours on the first game, and yet it feels like there's something missing from my Steam account >:\

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm slightly annoyed that L4D2 is the only Valve game other than the CS and DoD games that I don't own. I was probably annoyed by the sequel coming out so soon after the first game and never forgave Valve for that one thing.

It's like I don't really feel like playing it after I already spent hundreds of hours on the first game, and yet it feels like there's something missing from my Steam account >:\

It has more maps, it has the same maps as the original (they were all remade) with new special infected, the multiplayer modes are better...

There's really no excuse to not get the second one if you liked the first one. IT has all the content from 1 plus a buncha new shit.

Tame

L4D2 and Thief Collection

dagnabit i was hoping that flash deal update was going to be a wet fart.

I've already bought To The Moon bundle, eXceed complete pack, Magika complete pack plus the 2 new DLC and HL2 Episode 2.

at this rate i'll be skint before the sale ends

Tame

It has more maps, it has the same maps as the original (they were all remade) with new special infected, the multiplayer modes are better...

There's really no excuse to not get the second one if you liked the first one. IT has all the content from 1 plus a buncha new shit.

does it have the Randy Savage mod like the first one?

its a deal breaker

Gold and II run great with the newest fan-patch. It's really a no-brainer, especially II is one of the best games ever made.

yeah, but I don't like buying older games from Steam that I have to patch all the way for it to actually work.

It was a real bitch that Unreal: Return to Na Pali could not played with the OldUnreal patch until very recently, yet it was sold as the Unreal Gold package on Steam.

"includes shit you can't play!

cheers,

Gabe"

Not what I want from a product or service.

edit: yes, I am bitching. Thanks for reading anyway!

yeah, but I don't like buying older games from Steam that I have to patch all the way for it to actually work.

It was a real bitch that Unreal: Return to Na Pali could not played with the OldUnreal patch until very recently, yet it was sold as the Unreal Gold package on Steam.

"includes shit you can't play!

cheers,

Gabe"

Not what I want from a product or service.

edit: yes, I am bitching. Thanks for reading anyway!

Well, it's you who's missing out on great games :)

Munin

Holy crap, Critter Crunch at 2 bucks is like a no-brainer. Game has the most amazing presentation of a 2D game I've seen all year. So much personality. Gameplay is fun too.

I just want to say I was in your exact shoes, I bought 2 copies of the first and we played the shit out of it, then they go and release L4D2 before they even fully implemented all the maps in versus ( like should have been done at release ). It wasn't until the first time i saw the sale for 4.99 that i purchased it, and at this point there is so much more content its worth it to pick it up and play it again.

dani_dc

I think Durante made a fix for it. Dont know how well it works though.

There's a fix but it wasn't made by Durante, so you'll need to download an extra fix to use alongside Durante Fix, just click the link.

Holy crap, Critter Crunch at 2 bucks is like a no-brainer. Game has the most amazing presentation of a 2D game I've seen all year. So much personality. Gameplay is fun too.

Be sure to claim an aditional copy so you have someone to play it with!

It's over.

I'd like to know how many people who own Magicka have actually played it? It looked really interesting when it first came out, especially with a couple of friends, but I've seen so much of it (in sales, bundles, and steamgifts) that I'm bored of it before I've even played it.

How is Dark Souls with a mouse and keyboard?

Use the mouse mod and while its a bit of a steep learning curve and you might need to rebind some keys, mouse and keyboard is totally viable. I don't have a controller and got Dark Souls back when it was on sale on Amazon around Halloween and have sunk a bunch of time into it just using mouse/keyboard controls. Once you get use to it, its really not bas at all.

But its probably a lot easier with a controller. My biggest annoyance using mouse and keyboard are all the on screen button prompts which stay as 360 buttons. But you get used to it.

Don't let that be a reason to not get the game- its very playable with mouse and keyboard with the mouse mod.

Bri

I'd like to know how many people who own Magicka have actually played it? It looked really interesting when it first came out, especially with a couple of friends, but I've seen so much of it (in sales, bundles, and steamgifts) that I'm bored of it before I've even played it.

I bought it like... a year and half ago or so. Installed it, launched it like once and played through the tutorial then left it untouched. Until not long ago. A friend proposed that we should play this "Magicka" game in co-op (four of us) and I was like "hell yeah, had that one in my backlog fora long time!". So we got started and all, it was really fun. At least for a while. Friendly fire is a big part of the game so you'll (at least we did) spend time on setting your laddies on fire on purpose and have a laugh, and the humour is great I think (especially if you know Swedish (Norwegian/Danish works decent)).
What I really like with the game is the quite unique spell system where you combine different elements to make new spells and you will come up with some cool combos that ends in some explosions making you, your teammates and the enemies fly like hell, and you'll occasionally laugh. Bet it gets quite repetitive after a few hours.

I laughed a lot playing it. So I guess that's something at least.

Type2

So far I've grabbed Dishonored at greenmangaming for $22.50 and Sleeping Dogs off amazon for $20(PC Versions) and Rage for 5$.
Very excited for all of these, just need some time off from work to play.

Ive also ended up with giftable copies of To the Moon,Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl, Red Faction Guerilla and Metro 2033.

I highly recommend To the Moon for anyone who enjoys a good narrative.

So far I've grabbed Dishonored at greenmangaming for $22.50 and Sleeping Dogs off amazon for $20(PC Versions) and Rage for 5$.
Very excited for all of these, just need some time off from work to play.

Ive also ended up with giftable copies of To the Moon,Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl, Red Faction Guerilla and Metro 2033.

I highly recommend To the Moon for anyone who enjoys a good narrative.

You've made fine choices with Dishonored and Sleeping Dogs. Good job.

I bought it like... a year and half ago or so. Installed it, launched it like once and played through the tutorial then left it untouched. Until not long ago. A friend proposed that we should play this "Magicka" game in co-op (four of us) and I was like "hell yeah, had that one in my backlog fora long time!". So we got started and all, it was really fun. At least for a while. Friendly fire is a big part of the game so you'll (at least we did) spend time on setting your laddies on fire on purpose and have a laugh, and the humour is great I think (especially if you know Swedish (Norwegian/Danish works decent)).
What I really like with the game is the quite unique spell system where you combine different elements to make new spells and you will come up with some cool combos that ends in some explosions making you, your teammates and the enemies fly like hell, and you'll occasionally laugh. Bet it gets quite repetitive after a few hours.

I laughed a lot playing it. So I guess that's something at least.

Thanks for that, can I ask if the multiplayer is local? I much prefer local multiplayer, however, I rarely get a chance to invite my friends over for a game (uni and a wife eating into my mate time), but that might make for a good excuse to get them over for a little fun.

Alucrid

Banned
Buy a controller.

I don't wanna

Do you have a playstation controller you can use?

I do, but I was never able to get it to work. I guess I can try again though.

Workable, but a controller is better.

I think Durante made a fix for it. Dont know how well it works though.

Use the mouse mod and while its a bit of a steep learning curve and you might need to rebind some keys, mouse and keyboard is totally viable. I don't have a controller and got Dark Souls back when it was on sale on Amazon around Halloween and have sunk a bunch of time into it just using mouse/keyboard controls. Once you get use to it, its really not bas at all.

But its probably a lot easier with a controller. My biggest annoyance using mouse and keyboard are all the on screen button prompts which stay as 360 buttons. But you get used to it.

Don't let that be a reason to not get the game- its very playable with mouse and keyboard with the mouse mod.

Thanks, I already played through it on the 360, but figured that better graphics + better framrate + new dlc would be a good enough reason to buy it on PC.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I don't wanna

Thanks, I already played through it on the 360, but figured that better graphics + better framrate + new dlc would be a good enough reason to buy it on PC.

... Do you have a 360? If it's a wired controller, you can plug it into your computer. If it is wireless, you can buy like, a 5 to 10 dollar dongle.

Type2

I don't wanna

There is an excellent mod for mouse and keyboard controls on nexus and well as Durante's thread on Gaf. I still prefer a controller ....not because I need something to throw or anything :p

Having just ordered parts to build a gaming PC, today has been my first proper foray into the world of the Steam discount sale, and I'm not sure my wallet will cope. Skyrim and Spec Ops for £11.98, that's just insane, but, you know what they say, If you stare into the Abyss long enough the Abyss stares back at you and offers you incredible discounts on PC games.

Having just ordered parts to build a gaming PC, today has been my first proper foray into the world of the Steam discount sale, and I'm not sure my wallet will cope. Skyrim and Spec Ops for £11.98, that's just insane, but, you know what they say, If you stare into the Abyss long enough the Abyss stares back at you and offers you incredible discounts on PC games.

First sales are always easier, you just buy everything that's at least on a %50 discount, dailies and flash. The next ones are tricky where you have to check if you already own that game.

Chesskid1

Banned
hay guys,

changing hard drives, to an ssd, already copied the common folder to an external.

i remember people used to recommend a program that would automatically grab all the PC save files, since they are stored in several different places on a PC. could someone link me?

thanks!

neoemonk

The sales have been good to me. Got Dark Souls, Gods and Kings from Amazon and registered them. Picked up Arma 2 pack for $15. Hoping for a Torchlight 2 flash or daily, and maybe FTL but that's so cheap anyway that I don't really know if it will go on sale.

hay guys,

changing hard drives, already copied the common folder to an external.

i remember people used to recommend a program that would automatically grab all the PC save files, since they are stored in several different places on a PC. could someone link me?

thanks!

Don't forget to backup GFWL files, if you have any GFWL games, saves won't work without them. Check here for info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom