• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
... Do you have a 360? If it's a wired controller, you can plug it into your computer. If it is wireless, you can buy like, a 5 to 10 dollar dongle.

I used to own a wired controller, dunno what happened to it. Might just go out and buy one though since most dongles seem to be ~15 shipped, I could use a new controller and I only have one at the moment anyways.

Decado

The sales have been good to me. Got Dark Souls, Gods and Kings from Amazon and registered them. Picked up Arma 2 pack for $15. Hoping for a Torchlight 2 flash or daily, and maybe FTL but that's so cheap anyway that I don't really know if it will go on sale.

Torchlight 2 is on sale at Gamefly. $15 less 20% with the right code (can't recall what it is...but it's in this thread or the amazon DD thread).

Salsa

47oik.png

oh spiderman

Becauseeeeee I don't know if I will buy it or not :(

Do you recommend it?

Well if you enjoyed duke nukem forever in an ironic way, or a prone to loving games that are so bad you find them good, then jump on board.

Or if you have every other game and are a completionist, then no, it is still not worth getting.

Well if you enjoyed duke nukem forever in an ironic way, or a prone to loving games that are so bad you find them good, then jump on board.

Or if you have every other game and are a completionist, then no, it is still not worth getting.

Ok, thank you, I'll pass, waiting for a better game and deal! I'm so bored with this shitty deals :(

Salsa

holy shit this game's AA is atrocious

its not even FXAA, its something else. No difference between high and none basically

Hinomura

Wow at Of Orcs and Men. It's like a violent and dark Shrek but in videogame form with real time strategy combat, stealth goblin killings, orc which triggers to berserk mode, and features nice abilities tree and assignable stats while level upping. I was intrigued by previews and Jim Sterling review, and I'm glad I've bought it, since I'm really appreciating it (I'm just two hours in, played in one session).

It's not GOTY material but I recommend it if you want to play something different, especially if it becomes one of the last day deals (supposing the last day will feature a summary of daily deals).

Btw playing it with i7 860, 8gb ram, gtx 670, game is smooth and surprisingly pleasant to the eye (agreeding the art style), this is the gallery I've made: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hinomu...westfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall.

Again, recommended!

so i bought the new garshasp

it's choppy as fuck, the game broke quite a few times and wouldn't let me progress in the first level, and steam overlay won't start up while in full screen

still a great sequel to a great game

EDIT: Oh, and default for the 360 controls is left stick to roll and right stick to move again.

Really trying to hold off on buying Dishonoured until I beat Sleepy Dawgs. GMG deal is really making it hard

About halfway through Dawgs....such an awesome game. Wei
fucking
Shen

Symphonic

so i bought the new garshasp

it's choppy as fuck, the game broke quite a few times and wouldn't let me progress in the first level, and steam overlay won't start up while in full screen

still a great sequel to a great game

EDIT: Oh, and default for the 360 controls is left stick to roll and right stick to move again.

Wait people like Garshasp?

How is Civilisation V? I used to love playing the early games on my Amiga, but drifted away from them when I became a console only gamer. Does it retain the same aesthetic and design philosophy as those early games? I'm sure there's a ton of micro-management etc. but I do miss playing those games, as I've not played any of them since the 90's.

The Game of the Year Edition is £14.99 on the Steam UK store; are there any better deals elsewhere?

How is Civilisation V? I used to love playing the early games on my Amiga, but drifted away from them when I became a console only gamer. Does it retain the same aesthetic and design philosophy as those early games? I'm sure there's a ton of micro-management etc. but I do miss playing those games, as I've not played any of them since the 90's.

The Game of the Year Edition is £14.99 on the Steam UK store; are there any better deals elsewhere?

Amazon has better:
Civilization 5 GOTY + Gods and Kings.
All Steam key for 20$

And it had changed a lot from Civilization 1. You may like Civilization 4 a bit more if you want the old game renewed. It is 7.5$ at Amazon and it is a Steam key.

Caerith

Amazon has Civ V GOTY + Gods & Kings for $19.99.

Salsa

yeah for anyone playing Spiderman you'll wanna downsample from some big-ass res. Game barely uses my 680 so framerate shouldnt be an issue. The aliasing cuts through my eyes

Amzin

It's the only Civ game I've played, and I like it quite a bit. If it had modding enabled for multiplayer yet I would probably not be playing much else~

From what I've seen, it's way simpler than Civ4 though.

The Lamp

Ugh I want Portal 2 and the Thief Collection so badly...but I only have $20 in my bank account to last me the next week.

Damn poor college student lifestyle. I will have my vengeance when I have my career.

What does GAF think of Thief anyway? What's so special about it?

I think it's likely Skyrim will get a complete edition somewhere down the road, so I suppose I should hold off since it coming with the DLC may be cheaper than getting in on this deal + purchasing the DLC separate.

Steam is killing me. games and games stacked,just looking at my library is scary. how will i play all of this and finish it? maybe in the year 3000 i'll catch up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom