• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

I suppose it's too soon to expect a sale on FTL. The fact that there isn't even a -25% discount doesn't bode well for the prospect of seeing a flash or daily deal on it this sale. Maybe during winter seal.

Salsa

alright framerate does dip to the 50s when swinging outside, but its tolerable.

damn shame about the jaggies since the game can look quite good in certain areas.

downsampling from 2040x1152 to 1360x768 on my TV (since im playing with a controller anyway) and it looks good enough. Shots below obviously dont show the fake AA tho

iL82oQ6bQUF9P.jpg

Ledsen

alright framerate does dip to the 50s when swinging outside, but its tolerable.

damn shame about the jaggies since the game can look quite good in certain areas.

downsampling from 2040x1152 to 1360x768 on my TV (since im playing with a controller anyway) and it looks good enough. Shots below obviously dont show the fake AA tho

Was there a sale on this?

My haul so far:

CoH
L4D2
Defender's Quest
Defense Grid: Awakening

I think I'm done unless something from my wish list gets a 75% off over the weekend (I only have a handful of games on there.)

Grinchy

Banned
I just bought Dishonored, now I need to buy time to play it, no sale for that?

It's really easy. Quit job, drop out of school, stop supporting children, divorce wife, ect ect. Whatever needs to be done. A man has to have his priorities straight!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
How is it that Thief Gold can run on Windows 8 just fine, but somehow Origin can't run The Sims 2 without crashing?

One thing this last sale + planetside 2 has convinced me of, is that it's time to replace my graphics card. It might be fun be able to play Metro 2033 with DX11 ON for a change, since my current card manages about 20 fps with tesselation on... barely.

I had seriously forgotten about upgrading with PC's.

Rapstah

I asked this before but is Company of Heroes always online? Is there a way you can play single player offline?

I would like to say yes, and I certainly could four years ago, but the DRM situation for that game is so out-the-window fucked that I don't know anymore. Sometimes, my digital game would just lock up and ask me to insert the disc.

I would like to say yes, and I certainly could four years ago, but the DRM situation for that game is so out-the-window fucked that I don't know anymore. Sometimes, my digital game would just lock up and ask me to insert the disc.

Man, that's a bummer because it's such a incredible RTS.

Salsa

I think the most impressive thing about Spiderman so far is the fact that while on a mission the game literally has no HUD

shit's refreshing

someone tell Dennis

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Walking Dead is an amazing game and I am sick to death of zombies and the Telltale formula. Best purchase I've made in while, game wise. Highly recommend it to anybody looking for something a little different.

Ugh, I can't decide if I should wait for Steam to put Batman: AC GOTY edition as a daily deal for 7.50, or just buy the Batman: AA and regular AC bundle at Amazon for 10. Are the DLCs in the GOTY edition even worth it?

allansm

Fly'N is 33% off, in case anyone is interested. It's a great platformer, I recommend it. It's closer to a slower paced Rayman Origins than to Super Meat Boy and it's pretty long for the price: I finished it in 13 hours and did not bother to collect everything, although I spent some time searching the levels for secrets.

cicero

Ugh, I can't decide if I should wait for Steam to put Batman: AC GOTY edition as a daily deal for 7.50, or just buy the Batman: AA and regular AC bundle at Amazon for 10. Are the DLCs in the GOTY edition even worth it?

I decided to wait for Steam to bring Batman: Arkham City GOTY down to $7.50. I would too, unless you plan on playing it between now and the Christmas sale that is.

I decided to wait for Steam to bring Batman: Arkham City GOTY down to $7.50. I would too, unless you plan on playing it between now and the Christmas sale that is.

Yeah, you're right. I can certainly wait a month for the game. I'm in no real hurry to play it anyway, given my shitton of a backlog.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Is Max Payne 3 worth $15?

Is Sleeping Dogs worth $25?

I...I want both. But I don't know what to buy. :(
Buy Max Payne. Hell, it was well worth the $30 I paid for it on the Amazon Summer Sale.

You can get it for 11 bucks if you have a Latin American friend, just so you know.

After much thought, decided I'd just get Gods & Kings next sale. I simply do not have the time for all my backlog games.

I just bought Patricians and Merchants just for DarkStar One. Since I already played it (but not finished it yet), I don't consider it part of the backlog.

Grinchy

Banned
I just couldn't pass up on Max Payne 3. I went with the $19.99 deal on Amazon with the season pass though. Installing on Steam now.

I just couldn't pass up on Max Payne 3. I went with the $19.99 deal on Amazon with the season pass though. Installing on Steam now.

Unless you intend to play multiplayer, and I don't even know if there even is an active community in MP3, you just wasted some money by buying that season pass.

Guys, what happened to Skyrim steamcloud? Where is my 150 hour save? I know for a fact they had cloud support when it first came out, because I used it on both my laptop and desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom