• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're just bad at it bro SORRY TO BREAK IT

no but really, I never got the complaints about it being super cover based and hard to do classic Max Payne stuff. I played on Hard and I used cover ONCE. Went through the whole game launching myself in the air and headshoting everyone.

I guess playing with a controller would suck in that aspect and thats maybe why people complained?

c'mon dude, the doors don't work the same as in Max Payne 2 at all most of the time. I just played a bit of Chapter XII and counted the first 5 doors: 2 of them stopped my shoot-dodge, 2 had cutscenes and the only one that was the same as in MP2 led to a room without shit.

About Company of Heroes again. Checked THQ's site and it says that I can play it offline if I'm not connected to the internet. But it requires a disc.

How does that work on Steam? Can I play it offline with my internet disconnected?

EDIT: Great! Playing offline works! I'm happy! :)

Tizoc

Yeah, I saw this a while back, and even though they're largely just dicking around, you can tell what a bunch of clueless idiots the Giant Bomb folks are, as you can with most of their quick looks. Video meanwhile tells you nothing about the actual game.

Ah...
Well could you provide a vid that showcases the game's features?

Schlomo

Still trying to decide whether to grab Darksiders 2 for $13.60 off gamefly (steam) and The Darkness 2 for $6 (steam). Not sure what the PC version of either is like, but I'm not hearing the best things about the Darksiders 2 port :(

Darksiders 2 is not super optimized, but it runs fine and looks gorgeous. I had only one crash and no bugs worth mentioning (AMD 6950). Plus, it's a fantastic game.

Anyone interested in splitting a GetGames bundle? Any two games on here are $15 total, so $7.50. I just want Gods and Kings. So someone would need to PayPal me $7.50 and pick one of the other games. Thanks!

Spec Ops: The Line
LEGO Batman 2
Civilization V: Gods & Kings
Civilization V GOTY
Serious Sam 3 Seriously Digital Edition
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
I'll take Spec Ops: The Line if you're up for it. And if its a steam key.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So I got gifted Hotline Miami, and I'm wondering.... what's supposed to be good about this game? You get one shotted the same as an enemy, so it basically this horrible trial and error system like Binding of Issac, except worse.

Symphonic

All I want is Assassin's Creed Revelations and SSFIV. Since Capcom is apparently busy sticking their dick in an outlet, I guess I should really just say Revelations.

Caerith

I've been hearing good things about Defender Quest, but the screens I see show it with like 60% black border. What's going on there?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So I got gifted Hotline Miami, and I'm wondering.... what's supposed to be good about this game? You get one shotted the same as an enemy, so it basically this horrible trial and error system like Binding of Issac, except worse.

I dunno, dude it's so satisfying to sweep an entire floor of gangsters in one fluid sequence. I haven't played BoI but it reminded me of the process of beating a level in Super Meat Boy. By the time you nail it, you've basically found the perfect formula for clearing the level (or you got really lucky).

Activating on Steam?

Hover over the titles, most of them are. Except Lego Batman 2 I think. It may just refer to the DRM and still register on Steam, not sure.

King's Bounty has been out for a month and is at 50%. I'm sure Mark of the Ninja will drop when it stops selling though.

You can call all kinds of titles that have been cheaper some time, but it is just a non-argument
and it is unreasonable to expect from such recent titles.

o_O I thought it was out for longer.

It is longer out on the consoles, not on the PC I think.

For anybody wondering whether they should buy Deadlight, this review by Xelios unsold me on it:

BXw1g.png

Damn. Woke up still slightly pissed from the night before, saw the new(est) King's Bounty game was on a soon-ending flash sale and bought it straight away. I'm now sobered up and full of remorse...

Damn. Woke up still slightly pissed from the night before, saw the new(est) King's Bounty game was on a soon-ending flash sale and bought it straight away. I'm now sobered up and full of remorse...

Kings Bounty is a fantastic series, so you don't feel too bad. At least you didn't buy the entire Worms collection *cough*JaseC*cough*.

The gallery has seen some updates(More Hell Yeah!, a little Chivalry, the entirety of Homefront's campaign, etc). Again, avoid if you're not fond of spoilers.

I bought the FEAR trilogy but I already own FEAR 1.

First person to quote this post just got a code.

Ledsen

It's a really hard trial-and-error action puzzle game with amazing music and a disturbing premise. You find out the perfect route through a level and execute. No room for failure. That's what's good about it. If you don't like that, you won't like the game.

Copenap

Haha, sounds like you should really stick to health regen easy mode games only. But what I wonder though, how is it trial and error when you see all enemy movement?

Tizoc

What're the new Flash deals?
Also when will the remaining flash deals end, and in how many hours can we expect new deals?

Dynoro

What're the new Flash deals?
Also when will the remaining flash deals end, and in how many hours can we expect new deals?

BLOPS - 50% off
Carrier Command - 50% off
Dawn Of War II full pack - 75% off

Flash deals end at 6 hour increments from now with each pack lasting 12 hours

Tizoc

BLOPS - 50% off
Carrier Command - 50% off
Dawn Of War II full pack - 75% off

Flash deals end at 6 hour increments from now with each pack lasting 12 hours

Thanks.
Let's see what the next set of flash deals'll be, *crosses fingers fo Mark of the Ninja*

oipic

Can one of you kind Gaffers who deal in US dollars please let me know how much the DoWII pack is in your part of the world? The Steam site is being a little kooky for me after trying to change the currency via the URL.

'Tis $15 here in the land of price gouging...

Kings Bounty is a fantastic series, so you don't feel too bad. At least you didn't buy the entire Worms collection *cough*JaseC*cough*.

Hehehe.

I put 70 hours or so into the first couple of games so I'll get my money's worth, but I was hoping to stay strong and wait until Christmas before buying anything. Beaten again.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328579

Also, Fable - The Lost Chapters worth it at $4.99? Is the PC version any good?

Technically, it's fine, but I really didn't take to it as a game, it was too much 'My First RPG' for my liking. At that price I'm sure you'll get your money's worth though.

Pungza

Are there known issues with Max Payne 3? Trying to start it, but just freezes and locks PC on the trademark text at the beginning.

Anyone interested in splitting a GetGames bundle? Any two games on here are $15 total, so $7.50. I just want Gods and Kings. So someone would need to PayPal me $7.50 and pick one of the other games. Thanks!

Spec Ops: The Line
LEGO Batman 2
Civilization V: Gods & Kings
Civilization V GOTY
Serious Sam 3 Seriously Digital Edition
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
Binary Domain
If you still need someone ill take spec ops, or if someone else wants something other then spec ops?

Ledsen

Hehehe.

I put 70 hours or so into the first couple of games so I'll get my money's worth, but I was hoping to stay strong and wait until Christmas before buying anything. Beaten again.

Technically, it's fine, but I really didn't take to it as a game, it was too much 'My First RPG' for my liking. At that price I'm sure you'll get your money's worth though.

If a game isn't good, even getting it for free isn't worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom