• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBear

Anyone interested in splitting a GetGames bundle? Any two games on here are $15 total, so $7.50. I just want Gods and Kings. So someone would need to PayPal me $7.50 and pick one of the other games. Thanks!

Spec Ops: The Line
LEGO Batman 2
Civilization V: Gods & Kings
Civilization V GOTY
Serious Sam 3 Seriously Digital Edition
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine

Anyone else interested in splitting this one with me? I'm after Spec Ops

Trine 1 & 2 and Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams, two of the most beautiful 2.5D platformers I've seen and played! Amazing.

In many ways, I think 2.5D is superior to 2D. 2D handdrawn platformers are great, but I think they can be a little limited. Giana Sisters TD and DKC Returns show that there so many things you can do with 3D graphics.

I love these games.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Trying to buy X-Com from GMG and...

"Your Payment Provider has not authorized your purchase. This may be because some banks (incorrectly) believe that Green Man Gaming is a gambling website. Please contact your bank to discuss your order. We are working with these banks to resolve this issue."

Thankfully I was able to recover my paypal account. So this game is good, right? I haven't bought many big Holiday games but it seemed to be the most worthwhile experience of the bunch. Between X-Com and Max Payne 3 I should be good for major purchases for now...

Sibylus

Banned
Unfortunately, seems to be US-only (at least going by the fine print). Anyone willing to do a swap (ie US buyer grabs DLC, I grab something on Steam of similar value in exchange)?

kswiston

Unfortunately, seems to be US-only (at least going by the fine print). Anyone willing to do a swap (ie US buyer grabs DLC, I grab something on Steam of similar value in exchange)?

Do you have Paypal? I could just buy them all for you. Otherwise, you can set up a US account (with a fake US address). Your Canadian Credit Card will work on digital games purchases. Just not music or videos.

Decado

Still trying to decide whether to grab Darksiders 2 for $13.60 off gamefly (steam) and The Darkness 2 for $6 (steam). Not sure what the PC version of either is like, but I'm not hearing the best things about the Darksiders 2 port :(

Sibylus

Banned
Do you have Paypal? I could just buy them all for you. Otherwise, you can set up a US account (with a fake US address). Your Canadian Credit Card will work on digital games purchases. Just not music or videos.
Yes, though the delay for transfers between the bank and the account is excruciatingly slow (very well may take longer than the sale period :/). Amazon just emails the codes, correct? Could pass them along and I could gift you a 7-8 dollar Steam game for your troubles.

Er, wait, yeah. Dunno where my head's at.

Tizoc

They're gonna update in about 4 hours from now.

Coolios, I don't finish work (and get home) for another 9 hours, and fortunately non of the current Flash deals interest me.
...but what's the deal with Farming Sim 2013? Why all the hype, if you don't mind me asking?

Still trying to decide whether to grab Darksiders 2 for $13.60 off gamefly (steam) and The Darkness 2 for $6 (steam). Not sure what the PC version of either is like, but I'm not hearing the best things about the Darksiders 2 port :(

Darksiders II looks to be $16.99 on Gamefly for me. Is there a coupon I'm missing or something?

mneuro

Has anyone had trouble buying the GetGamesGo bundle? It isn't processing my debit card. I buy things online all the time with it, so I am assuming it is their system.

elfinke

Anyone interested in splitting a GetGames bundle? Any two games on here are $15 total, so $7.50. I just want Gods and Kings. So someone would need to PayPal me $7.50 and pick one of the other games. Thanks!

Spec Ops: The Line
LEGO Batman 2
Civilization V: Gods & Kings
Civilization V GOTY
Serious Sam 3 Seriously Digital Edition
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine

Holy shit, thanks for posting this! I had been umming and ahhing over whether to splash a tenner on Spec Ops (since I missed it at GMG earlier) - but this deal is spot on. Grabbed Binary Domain along with it, good times.

Kabouter

When you get home, just watch the giantbomb quick look. :)

Yeah, I saw this a while back, and even though they're largely just dicking around, you can tell what a bunch of clueless idiots the Giant Bomb folks are, as you can with most of their quick looks. Video meanwhile tells you nothing about the actual game.

Kabouter

kabouter I thought you were cool ;_;

Yeah, not a fan of clueless people showing off games. If you want to give people a good impression of a game, sure, dicking around for a bit is fine, but don't give it to clueless people. This quick look is like watching someone who can't figure out how to make a plane take off play Flight Simulator. Awful.

Milamber

Yeah, I saw this a while back, and even though they're largely just dicking around, you can tell what a bunch of clueless idiots the Giant Bomb folks are, as you can with most of their quick looks. Video meanwhile tells you nothing about the actual game.

What? I thought that video was informative enough.

Yeah, not a fan of clueless people showing off games. If you want to give people a good impression of a game, sure, dicking around for a bit is fine, but don't give it to clueless people. This quick look is like watching someone who can't figure out how to make a plane take off play Flight Simulator. Awful.

I was under the impression that their videos cater towards the casual & average players, not the hardcore.

Salsa

to be fair it's kind of a running thing as they did the same thing with farming simulator 2012 and everyone was waiting for them to do this one. I go to GB mainly for the comedy and kinda "personal" insight. You get as much from them regarding opinions on games as you'd get from say, a regular NeoGAF user, wich I think is cool and somewhat refreshing when compared to other sites. It's just a bunch of people playing around in games and being honest about them. I dont think the quick looks are meant to be THAT informative.

I love their QLs but the only time I almost started losing my shit was when Patrick and Jeff spent about 5-10 minutes at the start of the Plant chapter in MGS2 not knowing where to go. At that point it's time to restart and rerecord the QL.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Max Payne 3 is a fun third person shooter but a lot of my concerns were justified. It's bad enough that the cutscenes are plodding and drag on far too long, but they're peppered with unnecessary and awkwardly placed stylistic wankery. At this point I just want to mash skip and shoot dudes, but it's apparently still loading. Remedy does what Rockstar can't. Make a third person shooter that's more then just a third person shooter.

Salsa

Max Payne 3 is a fun third person shooter but a lot of my concerns were justified. It's bad enough that the cutscenes are plodding and drag on far too long, but they're peppered with unnecessary and awkwardly placed stylistic wankery. At this point I just want to mash skip and shoot dudes, but it's apparently still loading. Remedy does what Rockstar can't. Make a third person shooter that's more then just a third person shooter.

I want to read your opinion after you reach..

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN

love

save us once

we'll fall, from where we crawled

love

save us once

beware what you want

best gaming moment of the yearrrrr

Heh, that's what I thought as well when I was playing yesterday. It's a huge bummer because one of my favourite parts in Max Payne 2 was shootdodging through a door and shoot everybody in the next room. Not possible anymore. :(

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I do like HEALTH's contributions to the soundtrack.

By the way, the inexplicable captions are hilarious. What were they thinking...

Salsa

bullshit salsa, Max just hurts his head on the door half of the time and the other half he enters a cutscene

you're just bad at it bro SORRY TO BREAK IT

no but really, I never got the complaints about it being super cover based and hard to do classic Max Payne stuff. I played on Hard and I used cover ONCE. Went through the whole game launching myself in the air and headshoting everyone.

I guess playing with a controller would suck in that aspect and thats maybe why people complained?

One of my favourite moments in MP3 was shoot dodging down the stairs in the stadium and having my momentum take me all the way down once I hit the floor shooting mofos the entire way.

Kabouter

to be fair it's kind of a running thing as they did the same thing with farming simulator 2012 and everyone was waiting for them to do this one. I go to GB mainly for the comedy and kinda "personal" insight. You get as much from them regarding opinions on games as you'd get from say, a regular NeoGAF user, wich I think is cool and somewhat refreshing when compared to other sites. It's just a bunch of people playing around in games and being honest about them. I dont think the quick looks are meant to be THAT informative.

Well, they don't have to be super informative, but when you're showing off a game, I'd like someone to actually show off the game rather than just walk around in a game world having no clue what to do. That three minute Farming Simulator 2011 dubstep video on youtube tells me more about the series than this hour+ QL did, it's also much, much funnier. So yeah, not a fan.

Farming sim has multiplayer? What? Do you like harvest crops together?

Possible, sure. Game world in general is far too large to run everything on your own anyway. There are dozens of fields to use. In SP you generally hire workers to do harvesting/cultivating/sowing, and you do other things, which obviously includes driving the trailers to pick up the harvested crops by driving alongside, like so (own screenshot):
fsscreen1pnsz9.png

I love their QLs but the only time I almost started losing my shit was when Patrick and Jeff spent about 5-10 minutes at the start of the Plant chapter in MGS2 not knowing where to go. At that point it's time to restart and rerecord the QL.

Yeah, that's the same sort of thing. Just not fun to watch something like that to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom