• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

If I'm curious about Dawn of War II, how critical are the expansion packs to the base game? I'm definitely in for $5, but $15 for the full package is a tiny bit too much for something I'm not even sure I'll like.
If you're interested mainly for the singleplayer, then feel free to skip Retribution. Chaos Rising is a direct sequel to DoWII and there's some minor persistent progression elements if you have a save file from it.

On the other hand, if you're mainly interested in MP, then you can just get Retribution and skip the other two.

Just for reference, I think I put in a combined 100 hours into the DoWII + Chaos Rising singleplayer campaigns...

Necrovex

Oh man, I just remembered Dark Souls was only $15 yesterday, and it seems like I missed the deal. Probably a good thing, since I would have simply tossed it into my backlog.

HoosTrax

It might have been franchise fatigue, but I didn't enjoy the single player part of Retribution very much.
It wasn't very good imho. People must have complained about not being able to play the other faction in SP, so they crafted a campaign where you can play any of them. Unfortunately, regardless of faction choice, you seem to play the same maps in the same order, with only the most tenuous of explanations as to why. The overall plot is kind of confusing and not very coherent as a result, as well.

jediyoshi

new steam ot banner time

orbkS.jpg

RedSwirl

Just realized I've blown $100 in the last two days (what really killed me were a couple of Amazon deals that amounted to $50). Outside of Mark of the Ninja and Torchlight II, I'm done.

What's the cheapest Batman Arkham City has ever been?

I played the demo for the first time the other day and that game is awesome. Not sure when to buy it though.

Ahh thanks. So it's currently at the lowest it's been.

Maybe it'll get even cheaper on a daily, though I'm not sure.

Ah nice. However, I'm in Canada and don't have a US billing address.

Ledsen

Ahh thanks. So it's currently at the lowest it's been.

Maybe it'll get even cheaper on a daily, though I'm not sure.

Ah nice. However, I'm in Canada and don't have a US billing address.

You don't need one. Just put in a US adress like Google's HQ or something. That's what we Europeans have been doing for over a year :)

cicero

new steam ot banner time

I notice that picture gave Gaben a notable 'bulge' there. Reminds me of King of All Cosmos from Katamari Damacy.

gXH5j.jpg

Which, of course, then caused me to form the mental image of Gaben as King of All Cosmos and we the consumers as many tiny Princes rolling around our Katamari collecting more games and making it grow...I haven't slept in almost two days, but this is definitely making total sense to me here.

GLORY BE UNTO GABEN
PRAISED BE HIS NAME
MADE BE HIS SANDWICH
ON EARTH AS IT IS IN VALVE
GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY HL2.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING
AND FORGIVE US OUR GABEN FAT JOKES
AS WE FORGIVE WHO VALVE-TIME AGAINST US
AND LEAD US NOT INTO ACTIVISION
BUT DELIVER US FROM EA
FOR THINE IS THE STEAM SALE
WITH BETTER GAMEPLAY, GRAPHICS, PRICES, AND MODDABILITY, FOREVER AND EVER.

GABEN.

(via reddit)

GLORY BE UNTO GABEN
PRAISED BE HIS NAME
MADE BE HIS SANDWICH
ON EARTH AS IT IS IN VALVE
GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY HL2.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING
AND FORGIVE US OUR GABEN FAT JOKES
AS WE FORGIVE WHO VALVE-TIME AGAINST US
AND LEAD US NOT INTO ACTIVISION
BUT DELIVER US FROM EA
FOR THINE IS THE STEAM SALE
WITH BETTER GAMEPLAY, GRAPHICS, PRICES, AND MODDABILITY, FOREVER AND EVER.

GABEN.

(via reddit)

And here is the theme song for Steam Sales.
I think we have near perfection.

Can anyone recommend deadlight? I'm thinking it might be $3.74 in a few weeks but it's tempting.

It's a good game, I loved it, it's a bit short (you can finish it in 3 - 4 hours) also I had sound issues with the cut scenes (no sound at all, and it seems that there's a lot of people who are experimenting this problem, I don't know if they will release a patch to fix this) I say that if you want to wait to buy it for $3.74, just wait!

kswiston

Hotline Miami is up for $4.99

Fallen Enchantress is up for $19.99

Third game is coming up as not available in my region, but it's probably just an error.

Tizoc

Meh not interested in Hotline Miami.
What's the 3rd game on flash sale atm? Shows 'Not available in my region'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom