• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Don't buy the Fear 3. Amazon is having the Fear Ultimate Shooter Edition, Fear 2, and Fear 3 for $9. All on steam.

Gibbo

alright framerate does dip to the 50s when swinging outside, but its tolerable.

damn shame about the jaggies since the game can look quite good in certain areas.

downsampling from 2040x1152 to 1360x768 on my TV (since im playing with a controller anyway) and it looks good enough. Shots below obviously dont show the fake AA tho

Salsa- which deal did you get for Spiderman? All i could find is the $10 deal from Amazon

Good games for the price, especially trine collection.

Because this is neogaf, I'll counter with Trine being dead boring. Sure is pretty in places though.

Oh and sleeping dogs isn't that great, it is more or less a more limited GTA4 with better characters. It is ok if you get it cheap but after the first couple of hours you will just be grinding to the end.

Keeping it real and horrifying once again. I'm the fox news of neogaf.

Deadlight is solid enough if you are not worn out on the genre. It doesn't offer much that is new, but is somewhat polished.

Pranay

Deadlight deal looks good still others deal has been compared meh compared to previous steam sales.

MS Black friday deal surprised me a bit this year.

Hope to see better deals in next few days on steam.

Chrysalis

I'm always on the fence about Trine (2). The game is gorgeous from the looks of the trailer, but the gameplay looks very basic/samey.

I'm always on the fence about Trine (2). The game is gorgeous from the looks of the trailer, but the gameplay looks very basic/samey.

Nailed it. Maybe if you have some keen friends it will be somewhat almost ok.

Hey guys is Ghostbusters the game worth getting? 4 bucks on Amazon

If you are a fan? Yes. You will think it is pretty darn good after the first couple of missions, not so much when you realise you are doing the same things over and over. It ends up sort of sucking and you will not enjoy it from there. But $4 is ok.

Duriii

Hey guys, what game do you think is more fun, Binary Domain or Hotline Miami?

Well, I don`t think there is much of a choice here, if you`re running on Windows 8. In my case, it worked somewhat fine for like 2 or 3 sessions, then someday it just stopped running... There`s no fix yet, at least I haven`t found one, plus I heard there is some critical bug in level 10, that don't let you finish it...

Well, this is weird. So far I have spend more on Origin sale, than on Steam sale. Somehow couldn`t resist on whole C&C series + ME3 (Yeah, I know, I`m just curious about that whole ending mess, have to experience that on my own) for equivalent of 16 euros. Reasonible regional pricing FTW

Sibylus

Banned
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

header_586x192.jpg

header_586x192.jpg

Musing on $16.20 of Civilization V DLC (already have Gods and Kings, this is everything bar the Cradles of Civilization map packs). Can this be had for cheaper anywhere else in Canada?

And yeah, I'm waiting for a daily/flash discount before pulling the trigger.

Because this is neogaf, I'll counter with Trine being dead boring. Sure is pretty in places though.

Oh and sleeping dogs isn't that great, it is more or less a more limited GTA4 with better characters. It is ok if you get it cheap but after the first couple of hours you will just be grinding to the end.

Keeping it real and horrifying once again. I'm the fox news of neogaf.

Deadlight is solid enough if you are not worn out on the genre. It doesn't offer much that is new, but is somewhat polished.

I agree with everything but Trine has always been mediocre gameplay wise, but worth it for the graphics and 1 playthrough.

Hey guys, is there a list of non-daily/flash deals that are still really cheap yet? Usually there are a few indie gems hidden deep in a sale that are going for peanuts.

Grinchy

Banned
Unless you intend to play multiplayer, and I don't even know if there even is an active community in MP3, you just wasted some money by buying that season pass.

I actually thought about looking it up to see what the season pass had in it and whether I even needed it. But for $5, I figured I'd just just be on the safe side. $5 is worth it to me to be lazy these days.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I couldn't help myself and bought Max Payne 1 & 2, just to have them on Steam.

I played the first level solo and HATED it, but then my brother joined me and the game was instantly tons of fun. So I advise finding a co-op buddy!
Someone wants/needs a co-op buddy for F.E.A.R. 3? I'm in for that! Add me whoever wants: my Steam ID is the same as my GAF username.

I hope it's any good in co-op, because the solo campaign is mediocre at best. At least for what I want from a F.E.A.R. game.

TheBear

How is it that I already own Dota 2?
Oh and Chivalry is fucking badass. Best MP I've played in a long time, lopping dudes heads off is fucking sweet.

Anyone interested in splitting a GetGames bundle? Any two games on here are $15 total, so $7.50. I just want Gods and Kings. So someone would need to PayPal me $7.50 and pick one of the other games. Thanks!

Spec Ops: The Line
LEGO Batman 2
Civilization V: Gods & Kings
Civilization V GOTY
Serious Sam 3 Seriously Digital Edition
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine

kswiston

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

header_586x192.jpg

header_586x192.jpg

Musing on $16.20 of Civilization V DLC (already have Gods and Kings, this is everything bar the Cradles of Civilization map packs). Can this be had for cheaper anywhere else in Canada?

And yeah, I'm waiting for a daily/flash discount before pulling the trigger.

You would probably be better off buying a GOTY edition that came with all of that. Give me a second and I will see if any of the various stores are having a decent deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom