• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should. Buying from gamefly definitely works and Skyrim keys aren't region locked. I wish I waiterd for this deal because I bought it off GMG for 20€ a month ago and put an amazing 0 minutes into it. Bad impulse control.

EDIT: It actually tells you on the site that it will work:

Thanks and sorry for the late answer

Well, I tried to resist but I couldn't. I only ended up grabbing Portal 2 and Hotline Miami. I feel bad for not getting Deus Ex but I have the feeling we'll get a bundle with its DLC in the next Winter Sale, so I can wait.

BTW, iirc Skyrim was at 19,99$/14.99€ at Gamestop's Impulse digital store.

Wok

Is it frown upon to try to be "gifted" a game from a US resident when you live in Europe and give money in exchange? It is pretty tempting with L.A. Noire.

Just played Thirty Flights of Loving from the Super Shock Bundle..

I... was expecting something different. I knew that it was less game and more interactive experience going in, but I didn't expect it to be 10 minutes long and so dull and uninteresting. Meh.

Sblargh

Banned
My credit card failed when I tried to buy Rage a few days ago, but worked just fine now with Galactic Civilizations and Mount and Blade.
I'll take it as a sign of God.

bigace33

Anyone think Arkham City GOTY edition will go lower than $14.99? Greenman has Arkham City and Arkham Asylum for $19.99, but I already have AA. Would really love this on my steam account but would jump on a cheap deal for Arkham City GOTY on most any service. I loved it on 360.

Sblargh

Banned
Anyone think Arkham City GOTY edition will go lower than $14.99? Greenman has Arkham City and Arkham Asylum for $19.99, but I already have AA. Would really love this on my steam account but would jump on a cheap deal for Arkham City GOTY on most any service. I loved it on 360.

What we think is irrelevant. Our thoughts do not affect the world. There is no Secret. Wait for the daily deal.

Just played Thirty Flights of Loving from the Super Shock Bundle..

I... was expecting something different. I knew that it was less game and more interactive experience going in, but I didn't expect it to be 10 minutes long and so dull and uninteresting. Meh.

*removes from wishlist*

I think I've had enough artsy-fartsy games.

Too bad you didn't ask earlier, but the pack was $10 on Amazon two days ago. So I suppose it still might get cheaper, but no way of knowing.

*removes from wishlist*

I think I've had enough artsy-fartsy games.

After Dear Esther and this I'm done with artsy non-games as well. I can have the same or a better experience watching this stuff on youtube. The "gameplay" isn't necessary for this in the slightest.
If you play in commentary mode, you actually understand all the thoughts behing the design: make a situation understandable without words. Quite interesting.
I'll admit, I haven't done this. Maybe I'll try it again and and see if that changes my opinion.

Gintoki

New flash deals

KUuOT.png

It hurts me to see people buy non-dailies.

If you play in commentary mode, you actually understand all the thoughts behing the design: make a situation understandable without words. Quite interesting.

Maybe, but I agree with YianGaruga that I could watch a playthrough on YT and get almost the same experience. I rarely look at the playtime of games prior to buying them but 10 minutes is a bit ridiculous (assuming he's not exaggerating).

Jzero

These sales have been great. I've spent $0 but got free stuff from awesome gaffers :)

I only have $20 for the winter sale.

It hurts me to see people buy non-dailies.

Maybe, but I agree with YianGaruga that I could watch a playthrough on YT and get almost the same experience. I rarely look at the playtime of games prior to buying them but 10 minutes is a bit ridiculous (assuming he's not exaggerating).

Nope: http://howlongtobeat.com/gamebreakdown.php?gameid=9038
Worst thing is you can't even call it a "playthrough" because you're not really doing anything.

AlexBasch

My $5 Steam Wallet funds remain untouched. :/

Okay, so which will be the last, definitely last sales, the ones from tomorrow that end on Monday or...?

dani_dc

Why pay $5 more in Greenman gaming if all you get is a game you already own?
Regard,ess it might not go lower during the Autumn sales, but I would be pretty surprised if it didn't go lower on the Winter sales which are not far away.

My $5 Steam Wallet funds remain untouched. :/

Okay, so which will be the last, definitely last sales, the ones from tomorrow that end on Monday or...?

The ones that start today and end on monday should be the last set of daily deals.

Tried the demo of Mark of the Ninja on XBOX360, but since that part was a tutorial, I didn´t really get any feel of the mission structure.

Is it a Metroidvania game, or is it just a linear mission structure? And the latter, are the levels large and open enough to have several available ways through them?

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Snagged L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition with 15 minutes left on the deal. Then a thing appeared on the confirmation page saying 1 friend had the game on their wishlist. So I bought it for her, too. $15 for two copies of L.A. Noire? That's a great deal. I hope I don't have to spend anymore money on these great deals.

Question:

Can I have another Steam profile on my PC that has my Steam library? I wanted to make an account for my little brother so he doesn't have to launch my Steam account and use my saves all the time.

Anyone know why Steam only lets me download one game at a time and pauses the other downloads if I try to start another?

I see nothing in settings and it never used to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom