• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
They're really nothing alike at all except the art style. Shank's a piece of shit whereas Mark of the Ninja is the first and best pure stealth game released since Hitman Blood Money almost 7 years ago. It's not some crappy hybrid like Human Revolution or Dishonored.

It's pretty decent so far. Nice bite size gaming chunks, too.

Derrick01

Banned
It's pretty decent so far. Nice bite size gaming chunks, too.

You unlock the ability to buy a lot of cool assassination abilities and items the more you try for 100% in each level, so the game gets better as it goes on since you'll be able to do more. I'd recommend saving a Ghost run for the 2nd playthrough. It's possible but very tough.

It's been a while since I played Crysis and I never beat Warhead.

Crysis or Warhead?

both?

Warhead is severly streamlined but with it also becomes a bit like a generic shooter, whereas Crysis has certain (unstreamlined) things that give a bigger, more unique feel.
(Assault and some other maps in particular are highlights Warhead is sorely missing)

That said: explosives are everywhere in Warhead and the enemies are properly balanced in terms of damage from and against. Not that "inferior suit" but still getting raped nonsense in the OG or having the entire Korean army on you because you were spotted taking a piss.
And god help you should a helicopter telepathically sense your presence on higher difficulties.

Caerith

Nope I dont even have a lightsaber yet but the combat isnt very inspiring with sword or gun
From what I remember of Kotor, the combat is never very inspiring. You'll largely be facerolling the encounters after you get a lightsaber, so just pick teammates you enjoy and...

wait, Taris is the first planet? Oh, man, yeah, trust me, it gets a lot better when you're not stuck with Whiny McWhinypants the whole time. After Taris you go to Dantooine but after that you should head straight to Tatooine to get the best party member of all time and find out why people love this game so much.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Hotline Miami is amazing... but that could be the vodka speaking...
but for real... its really goooooood!

for real :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
VVVVV is hard. But it has a GREAT soundtrack. Love how the characters make expressions with their mouths, it's a really nice detail.

Tizoc

Did a search and Bulletstorm is not available in my region =( I assume Brutal legend is also on Steam?
BTW what's the difference between Dragon Age Origins and Awakening? Any chance for a bundle featuring those 2 games?

Did a search and Bulletstorm is not available in my region =( I assume Brutal legend is also on Steam?
BTW what's the difference between Dragon Age Origins and Awakening? Any chance for a bundle featuring those 2 games?

Brutal Legend never got a PC release. Dragon Age Awakening is the expansion pack for origins. It is unlikely to see them bundled on steam anymore but check Origin, I got them both together there.

Echoplx

Dragon age ultimate edition contains the expansion as well as all the dlc.

Artifice

Neo Member
This is a long shot, but does anyone have a spare copy of STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl they are willing to gift?

Why is COP cheaper than SOC??

Mr. F

Banned
Picked up Galactic Civilizations 2 and Hotline: Miami so far. Contemplating Chivalry because it looks like dumb fun with friends, but holding out to see what tomorrow's deals bring.

Feeling less impulsive with my buying than I was with the summer sale, backlog guilt creeping in fast.

elfinke

Just finished Spec Ops: The Line.

Absolutely incredible. I can't recommend it enough.

I grabbed it for $7.50 yesterday. It's my next game as soon as I polish off Walking Dead. This kind of feedback (combined with Jeff's review and podcast thoughts) has me rather keen to get into it.

Ledsen

I grabbed it for $7.50 yesterday. It's my next game as soon as I polish off Walking Dead. This kind of feedback (combined with Jeff's review and podcast thoughts) has me rather keen to get into it.

I'd say it's okay. The things it takes its inspiration from are much better.

http://www.gamefly.co.uk/Download-The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim/5002231/#axzz2D95Ikw6E (With the code NOV20OFF) Anybody of you know if this works in germany?

It should. Buying from gamefly definitely works and Skyrim keys aren't region locked. I wish I waiterd for this deal because I bought it off GMG for 20€ a month ago and put an amazing 0 minutes into it. Bad impulse control.

EDIT: It actually tells you on the site that it will work:
This title is available for purchase in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Sweden, United Kingdom, Iceland, and Norway.

Windam

Scaley member
Grabbed Castle Crashers, Witcher 2 and Dark Souls. Probably should have waited for Dark Souls to see if it would go down, but... I AM WEAK.

Caerith

Very much. If you only buy one game and never play it this year, make sure it is gal civ 2.
Would if I hadn't played it years ago. But for those who haven't: it's really good and only barely overlaps with (non-Galactic) Civilization.

I'd say it's okay. The things it takes its inspiration from are much better.
I dunno, Heart of Darkness didn't have any multiplayer, and Apocalypse Now never ran above 30fps.

Just finished my playthrough of Hotline Miami, and that was well worth getting. I'll probably go back and pick up the rest of the collectibles and such, but I've had my fill for now. Great game, music was good the entire time too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom