• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that anyone was probably going to get it anyway, but it looks like Mount and Blade changed to the Collection and the price went from 3.74 to 8.74 to reflect that.

EXGN

God, this sale is getting me good. In the hole on:

Walking Dead
Dead Island
Dear Esther
F3ar
LA Noire

Still on the fence about Saint's Row. Contemplating Mark of the Ninja, but I may wait til Xmas since my plate is already so full.

LuffyZoro

Very close to pulling the trigger on GalCivII... it has been on my wishlist forever, but I haven't picked it up due to (a) backlog and (b) the many shinier, newer things that keep coming along.

I just picked up G&K for Civ5, as well... so maybe I have my turn-based needs covered. Analysis paralysis, yo.

New flash deals:

- Psychonauts
- Cities XL 2012
- Mount and Blade

GalCiv2's so good. Buy it.

cicero

Psychonauts - 2.49
Cities XL - 9.99
Mount and Blade Collection - 8.74

EDIT: It looks like the Mount and Blade changed to the Collection and went up in price five dollars.

What was the Mount & Blade Warband Napoleonic Wars DLC priced at before it got switched back?

What was the Mount & Blade Warband Napoleonic Wars DLC priced at before it got switched back?

I don't know, I didn't look at any pricing of them beforehand.
I just know that when the new flash deal went live, it was just the vanilla game and it was priced at $3.74 and then upon a refresh it changed to the Collection and the new price was $8.74

cicero

Very close to pulling the trigger on GalCivII... it has been on my wishlist forever, but I haven't picked it up due to (a) backlog and (b) the many shinier, newer things that keep coming along.

I just picked up G&K for Civ5, as well... so maybe I have my turn-based needs covered. Analysis paralysis, yo.
Forget shiny, go with proven quality.

GalCivII had been sitting in my wishlist since the day it was released on Steam, it was an insta-buy for me. Check out this great thread, and read this great article. Then go and bask in its wonderousness.

BTW, I have an extra copy of Dear Esther I would be interested in trading for something else if someone is interested.

I accidentally bought it last year during the winter sale lol.

cicero

I don't know, I didn't look at any pricing of them beforehand.
I just know that when the new flash deal went live, it was just the vanilla game and it was priced at $3.74 and then upon a refresh it changed to the Collection and the new price was $8.74

You can still buy the vanilla game for $3.74 if you load the collection page. Thanks for the info, I just was wondering if I got screwed out of a much better deal after loading up the deals 15 minutes after they started and buying the DLC then.

Isaccard

For those of you who missed Hotline Miami, if you happened to shop around and purchased any of the amazon deals recently, you will find that you have a $5 promotional credit, towards an Editors Choice game, starting January 2013. If for some reason it doesn't appear on sale during Steams winter sale, you can grab it for the same price ($5) around then.

BTW, I have an extra copy of Dear Esther I would be interested in trading for something else if someone is interested.

I accidentally bought it last year during the winter sale lol.

I have a copy of Nuclear Dawn if you are interested.

Watched the trailer for Dear Esther and it looks pretty nice.

KingKong

Im trying to get into Kotor and its not happening. Its just so outdated in every way and not any fun to play

Does it get better after Taris or stay the same?

Raxus

I have bought nothing yet.

I win this round Steam!

I own most of these games :(
Im trying to get into Kotor and its not happening. Its just so outdated in every way and not any fun to play

Does it get better after Taris or stay the same?

You rolling with a full jedi squad yet?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wow... Guys, I'm glad I took your advice and bought Línea Caliente de Miami. It's unlike anything else I've played. The retro graphics, the psychedelia, the violence, the music, the creepy setting. Everything is mixed up to deliver a tasty package. Dying never feels like a chore, but a new chance to do things right. I'll certainly be playing more of this game, I just reached chapter 2.

The entire Doublefine bundle is 10 bucks. Good buy if you don't own a couple.
Nah, it was $7.50 on the Summer Sale. If you're not desperate to play them, I'd say wait for a 75% off of every game.

cicero

Ummm I could trade you The Dig for it? ...if I knew how >_>;
You ask for his Steam ID, you go to the "Add A Friend" option in Steam, find him, add him as a friend, it automatically gives him a friend request that he can accept or deny. He accepts, you click on the "View Friends List" in the bottom right hand corner of the Steam Client, you go to his name, click the little arrow button and open the "Invite to Trade" option. Which then initiates a trade where you can both trade or give items.

Nope I dont even have a lightsaber yet but the combat isnt very inspiring with sword or gun

The game opens up significantly once you leave Taris and become a Jedi, but tbh the combat isn't going to change significantly as you progress.

You'll be fighting with a lightsaber(which is already more powerful than any of the vibroblades or swords you find on Taris and is upgradeable), you'll get Force Powers, and you'll be fighting against more powerful enemies, but the basic structure of combat will remain the same.

KOTOR2 improves on the combat system from 1, IMO.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This one is more expensive because it has an extra game.
Really? Oh sure, it's probably Iron Brigade, which is not available in my country, and therefore doesn't show on the list. How much is it on its own?

The game opens up significantly once you leave Taris and become a Jedi, but tbh the combat isn't going to change significantly as you progress.

You'll be fighting with a lightsaber(which is already more powerful than any of the vibroblades or swords you find on Taris and is upgradeable), you'll get Force Powers, and you'll be fighting against more powerful enemies, but the basic structure of combat will remain the same.

KOTOR2 improves on the combat system from 1, IMO.
Is there something wrong with me if the word "vibroblade" reminds me of this?

83cc6ade1a-saints-row-t69722.jpg

Def Jukie

Anyone else get a bunch of slowdown in Hotline Miami when breaking multiple glass panels? Game slows down quite a bit for me on a particular level that has a bunch of glass. Running a GTX 670 / i5 3750k.

Tizoc

You ask for his Steam ID, you go to the "Add A Friend" option in Steam, find him, add him as a friend, it automatically gives him a friend request that he can accept or deny. He accepts, you click on the "View Friends List" in the bottom right hand corner of the Steam Client, you go to his name, click the little arrow button and open the "Invite to Trade" option. Which then initiates a trade where you can both trade or give items.

Cool will make a note of that, thanks. I don't own the Steam ver. of The Dig yet. Planning on making my final purchases on the 26th before the sale ends~

TheBez

Guys, I have a problem..... This is the first sale in a while that has had stuff I want to buy, so I've been buying it. But I've also just been looking for stuff to buy and buying it.... :O

Tizoc

Guys, I have a problem..... This is the first sale in a while that has had stuff I want to buy, so I've been buying it. But I've also just been looking for stuff to buy and buying it.... :O

You must learn to HOLD!
I've been doing that since I made my first purchases, and HOLD! I WILL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom