• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Type2

I thought this would be a good opportunity to try and score some more friends on my lonely steam account, Hatemehnow.

Also I fell weak and picked up Mark of the Ninja, Hotline Miami, and although this isn't on steam Shadows of the Damned is 10 bucks on newegg.

SorchaR

Question:

Can I have another Steam profile on my PC that has my Steam library? I wanted to make an account for my little brother so he doesn't have to launch my Steam account and use my saves all the time.

No you can't. You can make a second account, but to access the games you would have to re-buy the games your brother wants to play.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
is it okay to just delete .dmp files in Steam\dumps\ ? I am trying to clean up some space for Far Cry 3 and there's a few gigs in there.

They're just debug dumps and serve no purpose if you have no issues you'd like to diagnose.

It doesn't look at .dmp files apparently, but thanks got 150mb.

Ah ok, well yeah .dmp should just be memory dump files from when something crashed. I believe DOTA2 is notorious for creating files of several gigs. Probably useful for the whole "beta" thing, but not much good for anybody else.

Walking Dead save doesn't work now when I got to episode five. As if this game wasn't depressing enough.

Go into your steam walking dead folder and delete any prefs.props file you find there (under pack\default, back it up just in case of course).

Then hope for the best.

NZNova

Walking Dead save doesn't work now when I got to episode five. As if this game wasn't depressing enough.

If the previously mentioned prefs.prop fix doesn't work, make a new save game in chapter 4, then quit the game and copy the contents of your old save file to the newly created save file using a hex editor. That's what I did and it worked out OK for me.

Steam sale have been disappointing ever since amazon & gmg joining the party.

This has been pretty low key, but that is probably fair enough given the presumably big sale in a few weeks.

The competition is certainly good though. If Valve need to step it up, we can only win.

wazoo

Owning some games in most packs make long time buyers bad.

I want Iron Brigade but the price I can pay now is relatively more than the price within the DF bundle, where I already own all games beside IB.

kurahador

This has been pretty low key, but that is probably fair enough given the presumably big sale in a few weeks.

The competition is certainly good though. If Valve need to step it up, we can only win.

Best things about steam sales is the mini games and getting "prizes" from it.

Been a while since we have those doesn't it?

Best things about steam sales is the mini games and getting "prizes" from it.

Been a while since we have those doesn't it?

There is a reason we can't have nice things.

Achievements would be pretty nice for Christmas. If they don't do something then...well yes they need a bit of a kick because that will be a year.

DigiMish

Man, I think this is going to be the first major Steam sale where I don't buy anything... (because I already have most games on there, and my backlog is huge)

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Thief Collection for $16.19. I read about how great the Thief games are, but they are pretty old. Are they too dated/disappointing, or is $16 worth it for the three games? I've played Half-Life so graphics aren't too big of an issue if the gameplay holds up.

Nabs

Thief Collection for $16.19. I read about how great the Thief games are, but they are pretty old. Are they too dated/disappointing, or is $16 worth it for the three games? I've played Half-Life so graphics aren't too big of an issue if the gameplay holds up.

That pack was 6 bucks the other day.

cicero

Owning some games in most packs make long time buyers bad.

I want Iron Brigade but the price I can pay now is relatively more than the price within the DF bundle, where I already own all games beside IB.

I have been in somewhat of the same position, except I don't have Stacking too, which means getting both for $9.99 in the Double Fine Bundle means that each comes out to about 77% off the normal retail price. I don't know if I am going to end up waiting on this one or not. Perhaps I shall HOLD until the Christmas sale.

It's funny that since implementing badges they've been hesitant to introduce any new metagames during the sales.

You know they'll be some crazy bullshit lined up for the Christmas sale, where one of the badges will no doubt be something along the lines of 'Hug Gabe' and you have to ACTUALLY hug Gabe. But if you hug someone who has hugged Gabe the badge can be acquired too.

Then he'll claim he's managed to hug the entire population of the world. That's when he makes his move and installs himself as the Emperor of the New Republic, just as Star Wars Episode VII is released.

cicero

IndieGameStand new game is Caster, with Steam key.

https://indiegamestand.com

I remember always being interested in it.

You might want to take a look at the $4 IndieFort Countdown Bundles first.

During the next five weeks, a new four-game bundle will be available each week. For every bundle you buy, you will get 25% off on the coming countdown bundles. The more you buy, the bigger the discount gets!

Purchase
1 bundle = get 25% discount on the second bundle
2 bundles = get 50% discount on the third bundle
3 bundles = get 75% discount on the fourth bundle
4 bundles = get the “Liftoff” bundle for free

Week 2:
Caster (STEAM)
Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece (STEAM)
Strategic War in Europe (Greenlight)
Zombies (Greenlight)

If you buy all four bundles you get the 5th for free, which averaged out means 20 games for $10.

Ugh, Double Fine bundle would have been an instant purchase if it gave me extra copies of Psychonauts and Costume Quest.... what to do what to do...

No love for Chivalry? Me(I would buy 2 copies) and Mikaju searching for one person who could buy a 4 pack very cheap. We send the money via Paypal.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
steamebxx9.jpg

It's really quite amazing how often this happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom