• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrbob

Hey guys what do you think about Who's that Flying? is 75% off $1.49

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/57700/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

Does it worth it?

Yeah. Game is pretty fun. Easily worth one fifty.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
X-Com: 37.49$
Beyond Good and Evil: 6.69$
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! A reckless disregard for gravity: 4.99
Bulletstorm: 9.99$

Total: 59.16$

I basically spent what one retail console game costs and got 4 games instead.

Hows Civ V stack up against Civ IV (which I love)? I seem to remember it getting some backlash when it came out. Is it considered the better game now?

Miami Hotline doesn't launch with music anymore. :(

(fix please)

Licensing, they only paid enough to play the songs once per download.

Hows Civ V stack up against Civ IV (which I love)? I seem to remember it getting some backlash when it came out. Is it considered the better game now?

That would be starting something, but in general I think you will still get 4 being held up as the champ.

X-Com: 37.49$
Beyond Good and Evil: 6.69$
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! A reckless disregard for gravity: 4.99
Bulletstorm: 9.99$

Total: 59.16$

I basically spent what one retail console game costs and got 4 games instead.

I already spent $25 and will get Far Cry 3 Deluxe after the sale >_>

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah I'm totally gonna get FC3 on launch day. The RPS impressions were getting me very excited.

Shepard

How can I receive an invite to the Gaf Steam group?
It's better. They streamlined a lot of things, and it came for the better, imo. If you can buy Gods and Kings, it'll be even better.

Pretty pleased with my haul of : Hotline Miami, Zeno Clash, Critter Crunch, Star Wars KOR2, Magicka, Guns of Icarus Online, To the Moon, Ravaged, Waveform, Closure, Batman: Arkham City, Who's That Flying?!, English Country Tune, Ether Vapor Remaster, Torchlight II, Unmechanical and The Bard's Tale

Miami Hotline doesn't launch with music anymore. :(

(fix please)

Sometimes any of these steps can work:

1. Reboot your PC (may take a couple reboots before the music comes back)

2. Disable the Print Spooler service

3. Run the "vcredist_x86" file in your hotline_miami\redist folder

4. If you're on Windows 8, try uninstalling the KB2737084 .NET hotfix through the Windows control panel. It's worth mentioning that this hotfix helps with vulnerability issues in the .NET framework so it's not an ideal solution, but it's proven successful for some.

HoosTrax

About to pull the trigger in Resonance for $4.99 on steam. Is it cheaper anywhere else before I do so?
I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up in a bundle at some point. Gemini Rue and Blackwell: Deception both did.

Sometimes any of these steps can work:

1. Reboot your PC (may take a couple reboots before the music comes back)

2. Disable the Print Spooler service

3. Run the "vcredist_x86" file in your hotline_miami\redist folder

4. If you're on Windows 8, try uninstalling the KB2737084 .NET hotfix through the Windows control panel. It's worth mentioning that this hotfix helps with vulnerability issues in the .NET framework so it's not an ideal solution, but it's proven successful for some.
Wtf? How? I don't even...

bigace33

Yes: it's in the GOG "pick five, pay $10" deal, including To The Moon, Blackwell Bundle and a whole pile of other games.

I saw that deal. Had it in my kart several times, but I had trouble building the bundle as I have a lot of those games and the ones I don't have I'm not really interested in .Just want Resonance and the Blackwell games.

Scirrocco

Just when I think i'm out, they pull me back in.

Guess I can't complain though. four bucks for Quantum conundrum, its dlc and sound track sounds like a good deal.

Corto

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up in a bundle at some point. Gemini Rue and Blackwell: Deception both did.

Wtf? How? I don't even...

Exactly my reaction. How people come up with these fixes in the first place? I'm sure they work. But I would like to know the thought process of the first guy that tried of disabling the spooler printer service to troubleshoot this issue. Is it a common incompatibility with Game Maker?

bigace33

Ok I'm officially done with black Friday/ Thanksgiving sales. Final haul

Max Payne 3 - 14.99
Resonance - $4.99
Batman Arkham City GOTY - $7.50
THQ Bundle - $9.99

Surprisingly only 2 games are from steam.

bigace33

lol I'm not even gonna count my PS VITA purchase. Early Christmas for me, now I can concentrate on getting gifts for other plebeians.

No idea why it sometimes works. All I know is that the devs have mentioned that there can be a conflict with the service and that disabling it sometimes works as a temporary fix until they patch it up. As much as I enjoy the game itself, a lot of people are reporting some serious bugs with it. The "No Music" bug in particular is somewhat prevalent (got hit by it myself) and some Windows 8 users can't get past the 10th chapter because of a glitch.

1-D_FTW

Gatling Gears is really good. I wouldn't lie about something like this.

This. I'd heard it wasn't as good as Renegade Ops, but from what I've played, I might like it more (and I really like Renegade Ops). Of course, I've gotten distracted by other goodies. But I will be coming back to it shortly.

Fjord

Want to pick up Civ 5 but its twice the cost in New Zealand. Anyone buying Batman, sonic or ninja at $7.50 able to let me buy it for them and trade? Or GOTY Civ 5 in exchange for Chivalry, Shogun, Sins of a Solar? Shoot me a PM

Fjord

Want to get in on Torchlight 2 4-packs, If anyone's hosting please PM me.

Oh hey perfect, why don't I host a torchlight 4pack and you can send me a copy of civ?

edit:

Great, done.

Now looking to trade a copy of Torchlight 2 ($10) for Civ 5 Gods and Kings expansion ($7.50) if anyone is interested.

edit:

All done, thanks guys.

Nabs

This. I'd heard it wasn't as good as Renegade Ops, but from what I've played, I might like it more (and I really like Renegade Ops). Of course, I've gotten distracted by other goodies. But I will be coming back to it shortly.

Yeah, I think I like it more than Ops.

Well I seriously want to thank SteamGaf for convincing me to buy Hotline Miami. One of the only games I have ever bought and finished in the same sale. That game was fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom