• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proc

I just wanted to say that Chivalry is fucking awesome. Thanks for the recommendation gaf. I've had so much fun with it tonight.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Remember, this is what THPS HD can look like if you take 30 seconds to tweak it:

iughtxPEPH52R.png

ibgqYVC8eWI67a.png

KarmaCow

Since Capcom decided to be lame and not put DMC4 on sale at all, any recommendations for a (cheap) pure action game? I've been playing a lot of XCOM and I'm in the mood for something more fast paced.

Isaccard

Since Capcom decided to be lame and not put DMC4 on sale at all, any recommendations for a (cheap) pure action game? I've been playing a lot of XCOM and I'm in the mood for something more fast paced.

I heard Ninja Blade was a good port.
not really

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Nothing on that list appease to me. Which I should be happy for since I'm broke until tomorrow lol.

Retne

Woohoo! I was looking for a THPS HD price cut. Now it's time to rack up some big combos and kickflip TC's Roof Gap.

AlexBasch

Yep, it seems that I'll keep my five dollars wallet balance then. Nothing to spend on and only thing I want isn't sold on the Steam store. Bah.

Did you say fast action?! Look no further than Sonic, or if you're looking for something with real action maybe try Chivalry (although I haven't played it myself the youtube videos and hype in here make it look and sound fun).

Tizoc

Did you say fast action?! Look no further than Sonic, or if you're looking for something with real action maybe try Chivalry (although I haven't played it myself the youtube videos and hype in here make it look and sound fun).

Can't watch YT vids at work but does Chivalry have a good SP campaign?

KarmaCow

I checked the Giantbomb quick look at it seems like the kind of game where I'd spend dead or doing nothing for a good while before I learned the mechanics. I'll probably pick it up during the winter sale though.

Can't watch YT vids at work but does Chivalry have a good SP campaign?

Hmm according to google the game does not include single player campaign it apparently does include bots, I guess that makes it similar to unreal tournament but with swords? I haven't played it so I'm not sure.

GenkiPatton

Neo Member

Spruchy

Chivalry is amazing. If you are at all intrigued by it I would go for it (assuming you can spare the scratch without a terrible fate befalling you).

Star Wars Force Unleashed 1 &2 are pretty good. I picked them up in the Summer sale for $5 each.

Orcs Must Die 2 is a crazy fun action game that plays great with controller or keyboard and mouse.

Hard Reset is a good cheap fps.

Aaron

Even with a 360 controller?
Yeah. If you haven't played the series before, you won't notice, but a fan of the games, especially the 1 and 2 that this remake pulls its levels from, will notice that things are way off. Controls are unresponsive and sometimes just don't work. Very disappointing.

ShaneB

I'm really happy to see everyone is enjoying Chivalry. It's a special game that everyone should experience. It so satisfying and so hilarious.

My thoughts as well. The player base has exploded, it's tough to find a server that isn't full. A good problem for a game to have!

XCOM $25 on Amazon tomorrow if you haven't heard.

Fuck.... why did you have to tell me that. That;s the price point I want, but I told myself I can hold off until christmas when I will splurge. :(

KarmaCow

Sure: Fairy Bloom Freesia!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/214590/

2D beat 'em up with responsive controls & surprising deep combo system.

But don't take my word for it:

http://gamesareevil.com/2012/11/review-fairy-bloom-freesia-pc/

Tried out the demo I can see something in there, but there are a few things that annoy me. Double tap to dash/not walk slow and the aesthetic are immediate turn offs. The game also seems to revert Windows to basic. Thanks for the recommendation though, might pick up anyway later. I do love that it's a small download.

Star Wars Force Unleashed 1 &2 are pretty good. I picked them up in the Summer sale for $5 each.

Orcs Must Die 2 is a crazy fun action game that plays great with controller or keyboard and mouse.

Hard Reset is a good cheap fps.

Star Wars is like 30GB each and my cap for each month is 90GB. Yeah. :/

Already have OMD2 actually, might pick up the DLC for that.

Also have Hard Reset but not in the mood for an FPS.

For now I'm leaning toward Nation Red. Thanks for the recommendations.

edit: wtf the demo for Nation Red is 717MB, but the store page says the entire game is only 600MB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom