• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm sure it's a stupid question but I imagine that you can't withdraw money from your steam wallet right?

The thing is, I pre-ordered Far Cry 3 normal edition and I opened a ticket to ask for a refund so that I can buy the deluxe edition instead.

Support replied saying that I need to buy the deluxe edition and gift it to my email address. Once I have done that they will refund the normal edition to my steam wallet and then I'll be able to redeem the gift.

Now, I'm sure I won't have a problem to use that steam wallet money in the future but it kinda suck that I have to take it out of my bank account twice.

Gilby

Bought Awesomenauts yesterday, WOW! For some reason I assumed this game wouldn't fully deliver on the potential of a sidescrolling MOBA, but I was so, so wrong. Fantastic game, I highly recommend it to anyone like me who thinks LoL is too slow/ is too impatient to play it well. This game adds just enough action to make it possible to beat someone who has better gear than you if you're really on the ball, while still maintaining balance. I can't recommend it enough. And the music is hilarious and catchy!

Kinyou

HAHAHAHAHA AND ALMOST 2 SECONDS AGO I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT MIRRORS EDGE FOR 5€

BUT NOW IT'S 3€

I SAVED 2€!!!!

I FEEL LIKE A GOD!!!!

Cramoss

HAHAHAHAHA AND ALMOST 2 SECONDS AGO I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT MIRRORS EDGE FOR 5€

BUT NOW IT'S 3€

I SAVED 2€!!!!

I FEEL LIKE A GOD!!!!

jqcKk.gif

What's the story on Sins? I have it on my wish list. Is Rebellion better than Trinity? Is there a single player campaign? I think I heard it's just skirmishes?

Firebrand

There's a 5 machine limit, but you can revoke activations
There's a limit on the revocations as well.

Games themselves are great though, esp the first one. Consider it a long-time rental.

Please, GAF; tell me Deus Ex isn´t worth 5€
It's an absolute steal. Will likely be this year's "LTTP" pick for me in the GAF GOTY vote. The Missing Link is one of the best DLCs I've played as well.

Kurdel

Banned
26 games for 154$ so far.

I have been following the Steam sales for a long time, but this is the first time I am seeing such awesome games at such low prices. I am glad they are not focusing on publisher packs this time around.

I'm sure it's a stupid question but I imagine that you can't withdraw money from your steam wallet right?

The thing is, I pre-ordered Far Cry 3 normal edition and I opened a ticket to ask for a refund so that I can buy the deluxe edition instead.

Support replied saying that I need to buy the deluxe edition and gift it to my email address. Once I have done that they will refund the normal edition to my steam wallet and then I'll be able to redeem the gift.
That stinks I wouldn't do that. Tell them to just give you a refund to your card and that credit BS is unacceptable. You used to be able to cancel pre-order for any reason as long as the game isn't released. If you're in the UK or Europe consumer laws protect you for sure.

Steam customer support turning into GameStop clerks ffs.

DTKT

Now, I'm sure I won't have a problem to use that steam wallet money in the future but it kinda suck that I have to take it out of my bank account twice.

Usually, you just ask for a refund for the pre-order and ask for the money to be directly forwarded to your CC. They let you pick between a "normal" refund or credit for the Steam wallet.

RIGHT, THAT'S IT.

I'm buying Mirror's Edge and none of you are going to stop me. I've let it slip by every time it's been on deal and every single time I let it go I've instantly regretted it.

NOT TODAY.

RIGHT, THAT'S IT.

I'm buying Mirror's Edge and none of you are going to stop me. I've let it slip by every time it's been on deal and every single time I let it go I've instantly regretted it.

NOT TODAY.
I paid $50 for that game when it came out, it tanked and got a price drop FYI. If we're boasting about it.
Didn't even regret it

ksdixon

£4.99
Batman Arkham City GOTY

£20.09
XCOM Enemy Unknown (ROW)

£9.99
Civ V Gods and Kings Expansion

£10.49
The Walking Dead

My wife's bank balance cries. But still, best wife ever for getting me them when I am broke.

Batman:AC, Civ5:G&K and TWD for all 5eps were pretty much steals in my opinion and with XCOM I didn't mind spending £20 because it's an awesome game.

Ricker

Resisted so far and I bought Dishonered yesterday for the 360 with my nephew so I payed 20 bucks for it I guess but I think I will finally grab Torchlight II later tonight...10 bucks is great,loved the first and the demo for II.

dani_dc

I just noticed a bunch of games (Chivarly, Deus Ex and Btaman) are cheaper in Portugal/Spain/Italy compared with France/Germany.

Shepard

Mirrors Edge is cheaper on Origin. Don't know how it will actually translate to US dollars, but it's ~U$2,50 here in Brazil.

I think Sins: Rebellion is still a bit too high for anyone with just a passing interest. If you intend to play it between now and the Winter Sale, then by all means, but it will probably be the same price or cheaper then in just a few weeks.

I still have Trinity that I bought at one point and haven't played yet, so it's a definite skip for me at the current price.

And for people wanting Mirror's Edge, the sale isn't that good. It's been $5 before at least, so unless you play it between now and the Winter Sale, it's not worth it. Will surely be 75% off then at some point, if not a greater discount.

Are you talking about their DD service? If so, why?
I've been waiting for me Steam-keys for Skyrim and Dishonered since Friday because trying to redeem them via their client just gives an error and now my order needs to be re-evaluated and "there is a problem with my account".

They are looking to contact me to verify my order and after multiple emails and after giving them my phone number and timeslot where I'm available they still haven't contacted me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom