• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed...o well, I would have just purchased something else on Steam anyways.

Don't feel bad. I bought it for 15$ as well. I needed some PC games(Just got my PC this month)So it's 15$ well spent. Most of the folks who get a shit load games don't even play them, or beat them. But yeah, everything else I waited for.

Is Gods + Kings worth it for Civ V

It adds espionage, religion and gives you eight new Civs to play with. Religion doesn't seem to make much of a difference in altering the A.I.'s behaviour, at best it adds a few extra stat bonuses but those can be immensely helpful in the higher difficulties. Espionage is really only useful on the higher difficulty levels as well as it helps you keep up with the A.I. and its advantages. Otherwise it's just a means to sway city-states in your favour without expending money or completing quests for them and for counter-espionage in your own cities. You'll quickly eclipse the A.I. in research on the normal difficulty. The new Civs are fun to play around with and seemed geared towards to specific policy track builds, which make knock you out of your comfortable playstyle rut.

Sober

Armageddon is literally the only reason why I pre-ordered Revolution. Completely worth it.
Wait, where is Worms Armageddon on the Steam store? Dammit, I don't want to go find the disc I bought YEARS ago.

WHY CAN'T I BUY IT GABEN, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, where is Worms Armageddon on the Steam store? Dammit, I don't want to go find the disc I bought YEARS ago.
If you didn't preorder Revolution, you're totally SOL. I don't know if Team17 has any plans of selling it individually in the future. It's a damn shame, I would have liked to have it on Steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you didn't preorder Revolution, you're totally SOL. I don't know if Team17 has any plans of selling it individually in the future. It's a damn shame, I would have liked to have it on Steam.

If you're the particularly optimistic sort, you could consider the game having its own albeit currently useless store page a positive omen, as Rayman 2 (pre-order incentive for Rayman Origins) does not.

Sober

If you're the particularly optimistic sort, you could consider the game having its own albeit currently useless store page a positive omen, as Rayman 2 (pre-order incentive for Rayman Origins) does not.
I think the only thing Team17 has got correct is that if they sold Worms Armageddon on Steam is that they'd make money super fast then no one would ever buy any other Worms games after that.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Sadly, I'm not :(

I'll wait until tomorrow before buying the games I want (Puzzle Dimension, Orcs Must Die franchise and Galaxy on Fire 2 -this one from GMG). Maybe tomorrow's dailies are better than any of these games, and I'd rather spend my money on them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think the only thing Team17 has got correct is that if they sold Worms Armageddon on Steam is that they'd make money super fast then no one would ever buy any other Worms games after that.

Yeah, to paraphrase an exchange I had in another thread, somebody once asked, "If I'm getting Armageddon, why would I want to play Revolution?", to which I responded, "That's precisely why it's a pre-order incentive."

AlexBasch

Just want to thank Hakkuei for helping me get Spec Ops: The Line. :D

Also special thanks to Grim Heaper and Winnie The Pimp for offering their helps, awesome gaffers in here. :)

You guys are missing out! I just played a round where I was King, and my team of gaffers had to defend the throne. Shit was hectic.
I died after 5 minutes.
I played some earlier and it's pretty fun. Should have hopped on if there were a bunch of people playing.

There's also my word: http://putthatback.org/video-game-review/fairy-bloom-freesia/

In other news I seriously just now discovered that there's an "Add a non-steam Game to my library" option.

Added Ghostbusters and wrote out a reminder as to why I'm still a child.

size said:
istAsqGAJuQDr.jpg

Damn, really close to buying Chivalry. For those that have it, is it fairly accessible or is there a long learning curve?

In terms of controls it's very easy to memorize and perform commands. Of course you have to contend with the fact that everyone is probably going to kill you(even if they're on your team). Start off with a two-handed weapon and muck about in free-for-all battles for awhile. There's also a tutorial you should take to get down the basics.

Nabs

Damn, really close to buying Chivalry. For those that have it, is it fairly accessible or is there a long learning curve?

It's pretty easy to get into. You'll be killing fools in no time.

I do recommend trying the tutorial sometime.

Sullichin

Can someone lay down some quick Tony Hawk impressions? Tempted.

Just played a few minutes and I'm already regretting my purchase. The controls feel slightly off, it's not hitting the nostalgic THPS vibe for me at all. The menus look like power point presentations. The main menu has the "Single Player" option which is funny because there's no multiplayer. No graphical options whatsoever besides changing resolution. Game is ugly. It has screen tearing. It was only $5 but it could have been better spent on something else in this sale... :(

LogicStep

How much fun can you actually have with Universe Sandbox? It looks interesting but I don't see how I could sit here and play with it for hours. I love space, but this doesn't really seem that interesting, I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

TheBear

It's really easy to pick up and play. And I cannot not stress enough how satisfying it is to chop the head off your opponent. So good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom